Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why not making a resolution claiming all Jews are sons of pigs and monkeys (common Muslim saying) ? I mean it WILL pass a vote if its voted on.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.

Checking my fucksmeter.............. and yep, it's as I suspected. I give zero fucks what the UN says about anything. Now can we go back to doing more useful things like talking about Kim Kardashian?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Here's the actual resolution;
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/full-te...ied-palestine/

It does not deny the Jewish connection to the sites. What it does is recognizes that Christians and Muslims also have religious connections to those same sites; they are not uniquely Jewish. So the Israelis have no business denying access to those sites to those of other faiths who see them as similarly sacred.

It's not arguing that Jews have "no connection", it's just recognizing that Christians and Muslims also have the same connection.
    Had to go to page 2 for a sane post explaining the issue, thanks Endus.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    "The draft resolution, submitted by Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, and Sudan, will be referred to UNESCO’s executive board for formal approval next week.

Twenty-four countries voted in favor of the proposal: Algeria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chad, China, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Malaysia, Morocco, Mauritius, Mexico, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan and Vietnam."

This doesn't sound biased, at all! /s
    I don't think its unreasonable to recognize that muslims and christians have a connection to Jerusalem as well. Even if I think its just people believing fairy tales.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Feel free to leave UN then ?
    If I had the power to remove my Country from it, I would in a heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account

It does not deny the Jewish connection to the sites. What it does is recognizes that Christians and Muslims also have religious connections to those same sites; they are not uniquely Jewish. So the Israelis have no business denying access to those sites to those of other faiths who see them as similarly sacred.

It's not arguing that Jews have "no connection", it's just recognizing that Christians and Muslims also have the same connection.
    Eh, my bad, I was caught on the click-bait article... Thanks, this makes it much clearer.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted

Please people atleast read the goddamn article. Endus sums it up perfectly

Before you start crying about UN atleast read it.
    Muslims, Jews and Christians all have a connection to the city. If you've got some knowledge of history you should know that there has been alot of conflict involving the city.
    Yes Israel is now owning the city but that doesnt mean others shouldnt have a right to it seen to past historical events, and that is what the article is about.
    Last edited by mmoc44505a06a9; 2016-10-13 at 11:35 PM.

Israel of course doesn't have any connection to Jerusalem, Israel is barely 60 years old.

As to the Jews, it seems the UN just didn't acknowledge a connection - rather than denying one.

The Jews, Muslims and Christians all have a connection historically to Jerusalem - but none has any sole privilege over it.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2016-10-13 at 11:36 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Please people atleast read the goddamn article.

Endus sums it up perfectly, and before you start crying about UN atleast read it.
    No, he does not. It is written in such a way as to emphasize the Islamic significance of the Temple Mount. It is not neutral at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NaNaaru View Post
    United Nations UNESCO body has passed a resolution put forth by the Palestinians denying all connection between Jews and Jerusalem and the Temple Mount. PM Netanyahu: To say that Israel has no connection to the Temple Mount and Western Wall is like saying China has no connection to the Great Wall."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...866113,00.html

If someone needed a proof that the UN sometimes just love to ignore the facts and bash Israel.
    No it hasn't. It's omited the name of a place. Nothing else. But of course, Israel see's this as another thing to cry about so it can play the victim of a global conspiracy, whilst it violates human rights and annexes more land that doesn't belong to it. Fuck of Israel, seriously. Everyone is tired of your shit.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2016-10-13 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Its saying Islam has more claim to the Temple Mount than the Jews, despite it being far more important to Judaism than Islam, and having been a Jewish holy site far far far longer.
    Forgive my ignorance, why on earth can't they just enjoy it together? Islam and Judaism come from the same roots. I understand a lot of people want to reject that... but clearly the entire region is important to both of them. Are they not both Religions of Abraham? both the Quran and the Bible have numerous references to Jesus as the "Spirit of God" ... I understand this century long conflict in the region is a thing... but should it be? ...
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    First Slave Reparations and now Israel has no connection to Jerusalem?

The UN is getting insanely crazy lately. Im not even a Israel bible thumper, I have continually looked on in disgust at both Israel and Palestine, but to say the Jews have no connection to Jerusalem is bat shit crazy. Its just as crazy when I hear Zionist say the same thing about Palestinians.
    I think what they're going for is that the major percentage of Jewish people living in Israel right now were either living in Europe, or their parents/grandparents were, as recently as the WWII. And their ancestors had been living in Europe for probably centuries.

So basically their ancestors left Jerusalem and the Holy Land centuries ago, lived in Europe for centuries until WWII, and are now trying to go back to the Holy Land and say it's theirs, ignoring the people who have been living their for centuries and didn't leave.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think what they're going for is that the major percentage of Jewish people living in Israel right now were either living in Europe, or their parents/grandparents were, as recently as the WWII. And their ancestors had been living in Europe for probably centuries.

So basically their ancestors left Jerusalem and the Holy Land centuries ago, lived in Europe for centuries until WWII, and are now trying to go back to the Holy Land and say it's theirs, ignoring the people who have been living their for centuries and didn't leave.
    You're forgetting that the Jews reconquered it fair and square within the last century, and any discussion on the part of the Palestinians or their sympathizers that doesn't include reconquering it back is just political theater. Your right to a piece of dirt begins and ends with your ability to hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post

Gauging mitochondrial DNA, they don't have ancestors from Jerusalem. They're run of the mill Europeans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, why on earth can't they just enjoy it together? Islam and Judaism come from the same roots. I understand a lot of people want to reject that... but clearly the entire region is important to both of them. Are they not both Religions of Abraham? both the Quran and the Bible have numerous references to Jesus as the "Spirit of God" ... I understand this century long conflict in the region is a thing... but should it be? ...
    The issue (with the Temple Mount at least) is that the Dome of the Rock is built upon what Judaism considers to be the holiest location on earth, the location of the Holy of Holies and the location that God himself dwelt. Muslims see it as the location Mohammad ascended to heaven, making it the 3rd most holy site to them. It will never be settled until one or the other is gone, as its importance is mutually exclusive.

Deleted
    No, he does not. It is written in such a way as to emphasize the Islamic significance of the Temple Mount. It is not neutral at all.
    Like is said its not neutral hence muslim, christian and jewish heritage for the site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like is said its not neutral hence muslim, christian and jewish heritage for the site.
    It treats it as Muslim, Jewish, and Christian. However, it is more important to Judaism than Islam, and has far less importance to Christianity.

If you've got some knowledge of history you should know that there has been alot of conflict involving the city.
    Yes Israel is now owning the city but that doesnt mean others shouldnt have a right to it seen to past historical events, and that is what the article is about.
    Since the Brits left, the only party that has denied others to the Temple Mount has been Jordan. They denied other faiths entrance while they occupied and annexed the territory. Violating the agreement they had to let Jews in.
    Then Israel took it and occupied it. And it let Arab officials handle the site. These officials, of course, denied entrance to anyone other than Muslims.
    Eventually Israel forced the issue: because they wanted in. It was arranged that everyone could visit on schedule as tourists (but not pray). Except Muslims, who could go whenever, and pray, and do their thing entirely unimpeded.
    This access-for-everyone, along other issues, rubbed the Palestinians the wrong way, and had a bit of an uprising: the second intifada.
    Today, Jordan is asking to return to the arrangements prior to the intifada: have Arabs control access to the site.

The Israelis have no business denying access, no. But that's not the issue at all. They are the occupying power, but they're the ones that arranged for everyone to be able to visit. Israel is not requesting to have exclusivity over the site: it wants to maintain what little time they can enter.

Endus not only didn't sum it up well. He went all in with a ridiculous Jewish conspiracy to dominate the site.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-10-14 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    It treats it as Muslim, Jewish, and Christian. However, it is more important to Judaism than Islam, and has far less importance to Christianity.
    It is partly muslim. Don't know what you're on about. They have a historical connection to the site your personal opinion about the religion of destruction does not matter in this case. that's the point unesco is making nothing else, its not the official UN its a body of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Since the Brits left, the only party that has denied others to the Temple Mount has been Jordan. They denied other faiths entrance while they occupied and annexed the territory.
    Then Israel took it and occupied it. And it let Arab officials handle the site. These officials, of course, denied entrance to anyone other than Muslims.
    Eventually Israel forced the issue: because they wanted in. It was arranged that everyone could visit on schedule (but not pray).
    This, along other issues, rubbed the Palestinians the wrong way, and had a bit of an uprising: the second intifada.
    Today, Jordan is asking to return to the arrangements prior to the intifada: have Arabs control access to the site.

The Israelis have no business denying access, no. But that's not the issue at all. They are the occupying power, but they're the ones that arranged for everyone to be able to visit. Israel is not requesting to have exclusivity over the site: it wants to maintain what little time they can enter.

Endus not only didn't sum it up well. He went all in with a ridiculous Jewish conspiracy to dominate the site.
    Yes, like i said ?

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    The UN lol. What DO they do, really.
    They have just decided that the Crusaders got it right and Jerusalem belongs to Europe after all. Well done, get your swords lads, we're taking it back!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.