Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Science must Fall?

It's time to decolonize science , because western knowledge is totalizin'

My IQ went down after watching that video.

College students doing college stuff.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I dont really know If I understood her.

But, does she think Gravity exists just because Newton said so?

Deleted
    is this a joke ?

Deleted
    Don't you dare criticise her, you racists

Granting immunity to certain people means stupid doesn't get challenged and you end up with this

Deleted
    She does not believe that science is the answer to all natural experiences. Wtf.
    Not believing in math being able to grasp gravity as a measurement is just stupid.

Western science? India is western? Sure he isn't a household name but people like Ramanujan and even before him the beginnings of calculus (which is hugely important in physics) go all the way back to the 1300s with the Kerala School in India. These are not western people, but they are educated and understand that "magic" doesn't make things happen. They worked hard and understand that through math and study you can explain almost everything. Is it absolutely bizarre that you can explain things with equations? Hell yea it is, but after you learn it it is right there in front of you. It is tangible and real and explained.

All these people in the past worked hard and we build on top of it to progress. We learn what they learned then try to make something new or improve something or in some cases disprove something. If they think they can disprove gravity, then let's see it. If they think they can strike somebody with lightning, then let's see it. I mean, yes it is difficult to think that an equation can so accurately describe something but the fact you can plug numbers in and test the equation and it all matches correctly ANYWHERE is just absolute proof that it is real according to our current understanding of things. I can go to the moon, calculate its gravity based on known variables then drop a ball from a known height and predict exactly when it will hit the surface of the moon.

The ctrl-left is at it again, color me surprised.

You're disrespecting the sacredness of the space.
    Decolonize your mind!

:')
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-10-14 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    SJWs gonna SJW

Really, who is even surprised by this stuff any more

The feminist SJW craze is a political movement that has turned into a sort of religion - and now like any religion it turns against science

Because facts get in the way of feelings

Videos like this make me take the "college educated" demographics a lot less seriously.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

That was stupid as fuck. I had difficulty understanding her at times, did she state what course she was taking?
    Last edited by tehealadin; 2016-10-14 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Look this is what college is about to some degree. The fact that this woman, was able to come to these conclusions is a good thing it shows that higher education can produce very high level thought process. Now, because she is a college student she has come to some very erroneous conclusions that are largely based a being a neophyte scholar. My guess is she is taking a some of class or has a interest in post-colonial theory, because she is liberally using the word decolonization without actually explaining it within the context of science or "ones mind."

I think that college kids who are not yet required or ready to apply their higher level thinking to the actual world benefit by going though some of this garbage. it allows their minds to mature and make better thought lines and better conclusions in time. The idea of decolonizing science is cute, and something I would expect from a Undergrad at some University but just repeating it over and over again is just sign in immature thinking on the idea.

Cool some assholes somewhere said something stupid that doesn't matter and nobody cares about.

We're all screwed..........

Let's have it alt-right. Go into your frenzy. Generalize the everliving fuck out of this so that EVERY science classroom is this. Play your part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    is this a joke ?
    Would be better if it was, but I am afraid she might be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Cool some assholes somewhere said something stupid that doesn't matter and nobody cares about.

We're all screwed..........

Let's have it alt-right. Go into your frenzy. Generalize the everliving fuck out of this so that EVERY science classroom is this. Play your part.
    Does it make you alt right to think this kind of stuff is bullshit?
    Does it make you alt right to recognise that there will be some on the regressive left who think we should take her and her views seriously?
    Does it make you alt right to recognise that to criticise/mock her will draw the scorn of those on the regressive left, who will be critical of the critics?
    Does it make you alt right to think that the regressive influence in academia helps nurture bullshit like this?

Who said that every science classroom is this? This doesn't seem to be a science classroom. You are projecting, because (I assume) you are annoyed that she is being criticised. You recognise that she is spewing bullshit, but the criticism of her (a black African woman) just can't sit right with you. She is being judged on her views, not because she is a woman, black, or African.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does western civilization support this kind of bullshit? Let them undermine themselves. If they refuse modern education and science, if they don't want GMO food, then let God feed them. All those fit in Darwin's theory. You can call me cruel, racist, etc, but I'm not. If people refuse help, regardless of religion, skin color or part of the world they come from, let them die out.

Religion is the demon in our world. It is destroying countries and civilizations. Middle east, terrorism, poverty, extremely religious part of the world. Africa, terrorism, war, poverty, extremely religious population. South america, poverty, brutal crime, extremely religious population. And that is only MODERN time. Let's not get in the past.

This... I can't even... Just... WTF was that?

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Does it make you alt right to recognise that there will be some on the regressive left who think we should take her and her views seriously?
    Does it make you alt right to recognise that to criticise/mock her will draw the scorn of those on the regressive left, who will be critical of the critics?
    Does it make you alt right to think that the regressive influence in academia helps nurture bullshit like this?

Who said that every science classroom is this? This doesn't seem to be a science classroom. You are projecting, because (I assume) you are annoyed that she is being criticised. You recognise that she is spewing bullshit, but the criticism of her (a black African woman) just can't sit right with you. She is being judged on her views, not because she is a woman, black, or African.
    Maybe he should have posted a trigger warning for you. You talk of projecting, but it is you who managed to twist his words into being about race and gender, when nothing of the kind was even mentioned, or loosely implied.

I'd imagine you're exactly the alt-right type he was refering to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post

First of all I am actually a scientist, as opposed to the people in that video and probably most other people in this thread. Seeing non-scientists commentate on science is always rather adorable for me.

Secondly, I am not "annoyed she is being criticized". The interaction between social justice issues and science is obnoxious and has no place in science, along with her and everybody else in that room.

BUT THAT SAID!

I'm saying life is so short, and you're getting pissed because some jackass somewhere random said some stupid shit and put it on the internet?

How about some goddamn perspective? Who gives a fuck. There are 7 billion people in the world. Most of them are as smart as your average Zebra. How is this shocking? How is this worth anybody's time or attention? Even to "draw scorn"? Do you truly have nothing better to do than get pissed off? Is that what your life has become?

And yes, only the alt-right uses phases like the 'regressive left'. You realize that phrase makes basically no sense? It's like a really stupid person thought the only opposite of "progressive" is "regressive". ZING! Or something? There are actual real terms to apply to that group of people.

Like I want to buy anyone pissed off on this an actual computer science text book or something. It's just more rage-generating junk for already angry people by inclination to get angrier over. Like you really have nothing better to do? Any of you? This is how you choose to live your life?