Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

More Legendary complications incoming in 7.1

all taken from link below, it's very important stuff so I copy it here

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613722206

To make it concise and keep to the facts:

- you can upgrade (one? two? many?) legendaries in 7.1
    - this comes as a quest - non-repeatable...
    - you need to collect 50 Essence of Whatever from Nighthold bosses, so yeah, it'll be quite the grind I assume

And now we reach our complication: if you have a good legendary - you are safe. You know you have to upgrade it, and you'll be done. If you don't have any legendaries, or have a bad one, you will be put in a very bad situation:

- no legendary, nothing to upgrade, /cry alone in a corner and be behind the "lucky" dudes and those that profited from bugs, simple eh?
    - bad legendary - you either upgrade your !@#$ legendary (for example the stupid shield neck), and after your weeks/months long effort... good legendary might drop and you cannot upgrade it (most probable case, seeing as the quest is one time only), or you need to do again the 50 Essence of Crap thing - if we're "lucky" and the quest can be repeated.
    - you don't upgrade the bad legendary and keep the quest reward item that allows ONE legendary to be upgraded, and still hope for RNG to give it to you. This, however, has its own set of disadvantages, as you basically pass on a 925 item with inflated stats.

Meanwhile, lucky dude with BiS legendaries will just upgrade their best and have nothing to fear, further extending the gap between lucky/non lucky.

For how long must we suffer the pure dumbness and atrocity of this RNG system that has NOTHING to do in WoW?

Just blizzard doing blizzard things.
    I have a SHIT legendary, not gonna upgrade it no matter what.
    Will hold on to the quest, and upgrade the BiS one, if it ever drops, if not, the quest will remain there until Legion ends.

you call the system dumbness i think your PoV is "dumbness"

GRIND by killing raid bosses? i was going to kill those raid bosses anyway, i literally put no extra time or effort into upgrading my legendaries.

if raiding is "grinding" to you, you should probably not raid or simply not play WoW, it's always been the place for legendary drops, legendary quests the best gear etc etc, if you don't like it why are you still playing wow? there is more to the game than raiding but it is expected people should see raiding on some level, from lfr to mythic, rewards scaling on difficulty.

Deleted
    This better be a fucking joke.

I have 2 shit legendaries, but if the quest is indeed non-repeatable it'll be the worst thing ever.
    It won't even matter that I got them in the first place then. I honestly wouldn't care if I had to replace them, I'd be fucking glad to tbh. But like you said, people with good legendaries will only benefit more from them and people with shitty/no legendaries will fall behind even more.

Thanks for putting us in this RNG mess Blizzard, way to go champs.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2016-10-14 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Still, if you do not plan to hop on the world first kill train, it just won't matter what legendary or if you even have any won't matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you call the system dumbness i think your PoV is "dumbness"

GRIND by killing raid bosses? i was going to kill those raid bosses anyway, i literally put no extra time or effort into upgrading my legendaries.

if raiding is "grinding" to you, you should probably not raid or simply not play WoW, it's always been the place for legendary drops, legendary quests the best gear etc etc, if you don't like it why are you still playing wow? there is more to the game than raiding but it is expected people should see raiding on some level, from lfr to mythic, rewards scaling on difficulty.
    I agree with this, I'm going to be killing nighthold bosses for however long anyway, not really putting in any extra effort than what I'm already doing on a regular basis anyway.

Deleted
    Hmm well basically you are right. I haven't thought about that the upgrade item might be unique. I always thought one could obtain more than one.

Though your post is a little bit salty/whiny and thus you are going to have a lot of people coming in and not arguing about the point you make, but how you tried to deliver your point and ultimately this thread will probably derail.

Deleted
    Way to go Blizzard. Compund the shittyness of one system by building another shit system on top of it. Bravo. /golfclap

Edit: To offer an actual solution, if Blizz are determined to go with RNG for legendaries then upgrade tokens should be a RNG drop for people that already have them. For players that don't, legendaries should now drop at the upgraded ilvl. Then everyone is at least on a level playing field

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    Way to go Blizzard. Compund the shittyness of one system by building another shit system on top of it. Bravo. /golfclap

Edit: To offer an actual solution, if Blizz are determined to go with RNG for legendaries then upgrade tokens should be a RNG drop for people that already have them. For players that don't, legendaries should now drop at the upgraded ilvl. Then everyone is at least on a level playing field
    That is actually a good solution. I like that

7+ Year Old Account
    They need to.

A) Stop calling them "Legendarys" there is nothing legendary about them besides their piss-poor implementation.
    B) put them on a vendor, valor points or someshit.

This entire debacle is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    If this is the case, it better be a fucking joke.

I have 2 shit legendaries, but if the quest is indeed non-repeatable it'll be the worst thing ever.
    Jesus, people, THINK for a moment. How did overarching storylines centered around Legendaries and the like work in the expansions that had them (MoP and WoD)? You had to grind out the quest, then was able to purchase your ring or back or special magic gem of bullshit or portable gem slot or whatever.

This is going to work the same if it's one of these: do the grind, get an item to upgrade your legendary. Want to upgrade more/different Legendaries? You can buy the item. The only thing I can see is them making it a gold sink of some sort (like 20k gold or something), but even then, whatever.

If we get to upgrade the legendaries in little increments, like with the fel crystal whatchacallits from weekly Archimond that went into the ring - *THEN* we can worry there might be a grind. But this being a one-time "non-repeatable" questline actually bodes well if anything.

And by the end of the tier everyone who plays regularly will probably have around 2 legendaries, which usually means at least one good/passable, unless you're really SOL. But then they might also do the "target your legendary of choice" thing down the line, maybe in 7.2, who knows.

My char situation is worst : I have 2 legenday "slots" and 0 legendaries drops.
    Yesterday I researched "Legends of the wild" in class hall allowing me use two legendary items.

I have around 15 days /played at 110 lvl, so I play A LOT.
    1129 world quest done.
    All currently available legion factions at exalted.
    Every weak Emerald Nightmare cleared on LFR, Normal and 5/7 heroic.
    Several dozens Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons done.
    Every day, not single pause emissary quest done.
    Nearly 27 lvl artifact weapon lvl.

I'm exhausted and depressed. Don't feel all me effort is worth playing this game.
    I will not extend my subscription any more after it expires in next month.
    RNG literally kills my will to play WoW.

I meet other hunter in LFR who got 2 BiS legendaries and have very similar ilvl, spec and stats. His dps was around 40-70% better then mine, so that is how huge is impact of those items. He is less focus starving, shorter cd in rotations, so he got so huge gain. This is so demotivating I cant force myself to play this game more.

will the quest be completed in lfr?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Really guys?

None of you actually thought that this item might be usable more than once... ?

Deleted
    This does not make sense, quest is in 7.1 but you need nighthold bosses drops? I would like to see your sources.

Deleted
    I think blizzard got it right. I don't see any problems.

HOW DARE blizzard give us a way to keep our legendaries up to date! Why did we even bother?

meanwhile in reverse world.

Wtf man blizzard, you make legendaries so hard to get and now they're useless so soon. Why did we even bother?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    all taken from link below, it's very important stuff so I copy it here

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613722206

To make it concise and keep to the facts:

- you can upgrade (one? two? many?) legendaries in 7.1
    - this comes as a quest - non-repeatable...
    - you need to collect 50 Essence of Whatever from Nighthold bosses, so yeah, it'll be quite the grind I assume

And now we reach our complication: if you have a good legendary - you are safe. You know you have to upgrade it, and you'll be done. If you don't have any legendaries, or have a bad one, you will be put in a very bad situation:

- no legendary, nothing to upgrade, /cry alone in a corner and be behind the "lucky" dudes and those that profited from bugs, simple eh?
    - bad legendary - you either upgrade your !@#$ legendary (for example the stupid shield neck), and after your weeks/months long effort... good legendary might drop and you cannot upgrade it (most probable case, seeing as the quest is one time only), or you need to do again the 50 Essence of Crap thing - if we're "lucky" and the quest can be repeated.
    - you don't upgrade the bad legendary and keep the quest reward item that allows ONE legendary to be upgraded, and still hope for RNG to give it to you. This, however, has its own set of disadvantages, as you basically pass on a 925 item with inflated stats.

Meanwhile, lucky dude with BiS legendaries will just upgrade their best and have nothing to fear, further extending the gap between lucky/non lucky.

For how long must we suffer the pure dumbness and atrocity of this RNG system that has NOTHING to do in WoW?
    What is the problem again?

If you have a good legendary, upgrade it.
    If you have a bad legendary, wait till you have one of the other.
    If you don't have a legendary, wait till you have the right one.

What is the actual complication in this? Unless you are a questing completionist, and you don't have any legendary, and that quest is what you are missing to do. Else, there is not really a complication at all in this..

The disadvantage is more your competitive spirit, wanting a legendary with the same stats as someone elses.

Well, thank you for pointing out the 'atrocity of this RNG' has nothing to do in WoW. My problem is now, this is what people complained as with the questline system, as well as the combined system. What do you actually want? An NPC giving you the legendary just because you are a swell guy?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I miss the days when the only RNG involved with legendaries was "Did it drop or not?"

Elvissa's idea that I'm sure was thought of in all of 5 minutes trumps what probably took the dev team days to concoct.

my favorite part is the OP pointing out how stupid this sounds SO FAR pointing out how if you have zero or a bad legendary this is pretty shit system. Blizzard Kool-aid brigade comes in full force claiming the OP is saying killing bosses is a boring grind which they didn't say.

LOL it's like Facebook comments level reading comprehension.