Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Most of humanity is and was "stupid". Intelligence through knowledge is the exception. A lot of the latter can be confused with simple conditioned and/or patterned behavior.

It is very likely, you, OP are "stupid" as well relatively speaking. No offense is intended, just some perspective to keep in mind when daming humanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Common sense is not so common.
    Good because common sense and all collective worldviews are the most easy and stupid way out to think for yourself.

And thinks like "stupid" are just what comes after - I guess OPs answer to a question "what would be intelligent" is the true questionable or "stupid" answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    It was much worse. Some real rules actually purged entire cities and killed everyone. Historic figures like Genghis Khan for example just to show what happens if you resist. Russia killed off all their intellectuals and successful people during the Bolshevik revolution. Stuff like this happened all the time. Intelligent people capable of looking at the facts and coming to inconvenient conclusions have always been inconvenient to people in power.
    Or more recently, Hitler.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2016-10-14 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people aren't as exposed to internet scams so they don't know what to expect. I know in the early days of the internet I practically clicked on everything and of course learned my lesson when my computer has a million viruses and essentially blew up.

It's also Markiplier and Pewdiepie... their average fan is probably very young so I won't put it past them, we all made mistakes as kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.
    Unrelated to this topic but is your avatar Rosa Round Bottom?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59097/?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You think people in youtube comments are stupid?

Have you seen the Putinistas around here?
    putin did nothing wrong.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You think people in youtube comments are stupid?

Have you seen the Putinistas around here?
    To be fair, Youtube comment section is a special place, even by the Internet standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Hey.
    My mind is about to explode because i'm trying to grasp how stupid and gullible some people are.

What i'm talking about are the people in youtube comments who believe all these scamm links or "Coin generators" are real or working.

Saw a bot account called "Markipliar" who was posting such a link, everyone who replied to that comments acted as if it was the real Markipliar.. How can people not have the least bit of common sense?

Saw a Video pewdiepie did, he went down in the comments and copied such a link and put it on a website where he could see how many had clicked on it, Was around 6000 people.. Just baffles my mind,

I don't understand what makes people this stupid or gullible.

Did their parents not teach them any sort of common sense?
    Some people are stupid because they simply don't want to learn. Learning is hard; being stupid is very, very easy.

You'd be amazed how much of the world around you that explains.

Well that and, a bit more relevantly, that we have worldwide institutions out preaching that gullibility is the highest virtue. That's probably a more direct cause, though both factor in.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-10-14 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I ask myself this every day when I'm at work....

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Hey.
    My mind is about to explode because i'm trying to grasp how stupid and gullible some people are.

What i'm talking about are the people in youtube comments who believe all these scamm links or "Coin generators" are real or working.

Saw a bot account called "Markipliar" who was posting such a link, everyone who replied to that comments acted as if it was the real Markipliar.. How can people not have the least bit of common sense?

Saw a Video pewdiepie did, he went down in the comments and copied such a link and put it on a website where he could see how many had clicked on it, Was around 6000 people.. Just baffles my mind,

I don't understand what makes people this stupid or gullible.

Did their parents not teach them any sort of common sense?
    The problem is that you are really describing critical thinking. They tried teaching that in public schools, but they were forced to teach to standardized tests instead. Now there are efforts against critical thinking in college education now too because that will lead you to being a liberal or some equivalent evil...

‘’Governments don’t want a population capable of critical thinking, they want obedient workers, people just smart enough to run the machines and just dumb enough to passively accept their situation. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own, and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls.'' - George Carlin
    Although he is describing government, keep in mind that it is a government controlled by corporations / the rich that he is describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Except it wasn't as dramatized.

- - - Updated - - -

It scares me that the world is populated by people like you.
    Because it's realistic? lol it scares me that you think everyone is intelligent.