Poll: EN worst first tier

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Is Emerald Nightmare the worst 1st tier of all time?

Comparing EN with the most recent stuff

WOD-Highmaul I would say was infinitely better than EN. This is probably the closest though.

MOP- Mogushan Vaults, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Springs. Wins by sheer amount of content, and while there were some awful fights (Lei Shei, Amber Shaper) there were also a lot of great fights.

Cata- BWD, TOT4W, BOT. Again wins by the sheer amount of content, also probably the most underrated and best tier we have ever had.

WOTLK- Naxx, OS, EOE. A lot of people bitch about Naxx, but to 99% of the playerbase it was unseen content. OS and EOE were short but sweet fights with Sartharian 3d 10 man being incredibly challenging early on.

Emerald Nightmare and why its bad. The textures and scenery are bland quite frankly, Xavius looks like a fat demonic mario brother. With Nighthold being 2 months away its basically a tier of its own.

I couldn't get through first wing of LFR before I was bored, so I can't give a real opinion on the whole thing but, it's pretty bad when you aren't even excited your first run through. Boring design imo

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    I couldn't get through first wing of LFR before I was bored, so I can't give a real opinion on the whole thing but, it's pretty bad when you aren't even excited your first run through. Boring design imo
    Because LFR is the pinnacle of exitement

Is this worse than Naxxramas? Mogu'Shan? It's definitely better than Highmaul.
    Bad thread imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think this is worse than cata first tier just because cata had "more", you have no fucking clue what you are going on about.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Will never understand why people prefer HM over EN. The fights were mostly dull, sometimes tedious, and while EN doesn't raise the bar it is at least more interesting than WoD. If anything, it's a matter of tuning rather than design.

Emerald nightmare is PART of the first tier, not the first tier itself. The first tier consists of Emerald nightmare, trials of valor and Nighthold. Just like Highmaul and Blackrock foundry was first tier in WoD and just like Mogushan, heart of fear and terrace was the first tier of MoP. If you want to vote that legions first tier is the worst that is up to you and is your own opinion but maybe actually, you know, try waiting for the fucking tier to be finished first perhaps?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy it a lot more than Mogushan vault and highmaul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I actually like EN.. but I'm a filthy casual so -_-

This tier isn't just Emerald Nightmare, it's Trial of Valour and Nighthold too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apparently someone missed the first tier of Draenor... and the ability to take selfies. This is hardly the worst first tier in WoW's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Because more mechanics made it more exciting. How'd that work out for WoD there Tr1n1ty?
    Worked out pretty well. Raids were never bad in WoD. The lack of content outside of raiding was the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed EN as well. Its doesnt throw everything + the kitchen sink at you. Hopefully raids continue this trend. Simple is better

I refuse to call something that comes out 3 months after launch part of the first tier. Thats just accepting lazyness from blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Apparently someone missed the first tier of Draenor... and the ability to take selfies. This is hardly the worst first tier in WoW's history.
    I mean, would you rather take selfies/twitter.. or Have a totally redone naxx experience + a solid filler raid.. come on, COME ON BROOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Emerald nightmare is PART of the first tier, not the first tier itself. The first tier consists of Emerald nightmare, trials of valor and Nighthold. Just like Highmaul and Blackrock foundry was first tier in WoD and just like Mogushan, heart of fear and terrace was the first tier of MoP. If you want to vote that legions first tier is the worst that is up to you and is your own opinion but maybe actually, you know, try waiting for the fucking tier to be finished first perhaps?
    When Nighthold is coming out in EXACTLY the same time frame as Ulduar did or later(7.1 isn't Nighthold and they said January or later for Nighthold), I'm a bit done with calling it the first tier. I mean the only saving grace is the 7.1 raid, but still this tier has been tragic.

EN is aesthetically and mechanically a good raid, but even as Blizzard admitted, it was far too easy.

I like it far better than both WoD and MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I enjoyed EN as well. Its doesnt throw everything + the kitchen sink at you. Hopefully raids continue this trend. Simple is better
    The toughness will be coming in the next raids, and I think especially at the end of the current raid tier, Guldan - He will be rough for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Odyn says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The toughness will be coming in the next raids, and I think especially at the end of the current raid tier, Guldan - He will be rough for sure.
    Yes i imagine simplicity in raid mechanics would be too good to remain true. Back to chicken dance 24/7 screen filled with shit popping up. At least its easier to play your toon this time and i picked a far more mobile class this time.