Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

too late to reroll?

I think rolling a priest for this expansion was a mistake , playing healer is a boring and terrible experience and shadow dps is too boring as well , tbh thats why i ended up as a holy because shadow was even worse , its annoying to have several frames on your screen , to get blamed for everything etc , i think i will level a bm hunter or fury warrior and simply faceroll and enjoy the content.

The problem now is that i will be significantly behind for en and karazhan will be released soon , is it wise to push the reroll now or should i focus on my priest at least until the end of karazhan? does blizzard help new players to catchup before a major patch? will i get a chance to catchup fast on gear before nighthold or should i start from now?

I rerolled like 2 weeks ago, had been playing my first char every day for 6-10h a day since launch, gearwise i was caught up in less than a week, with help from guildies of course, and now 2 weeks later my artifact is not far behind the people who has been focusing on one char.

The only thing that is taking a little time to catch up to, is getting the ilvl up on champions.

If you're relying on pugs to gear up, you're gonna have a bad time tho.

Deleted
    Gear is a no matter problem IF you have a group that you can rely on OR you have money/can craft yourself to 850 items.
    AP catchup is a bit slow currently but ovbiously increases the longer the addon exists.

If you're not enjoying your priest then just reroll. Even if you're behind you'll enjoy your playtime more than you ever would on your priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really matter if you're behind everyone, it's a game and it's meant to be a fun experience. If you aren't having fun then reroll.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I think rolling a priest for this expansion was a mistake , playing healer is a boring and terrible experience and shadow dps is too boring as well , tbh thats why i ended up as a holy because shadow was even worse , its annoying to have several frames on your screen , to get blamed for everything etc , i think i will level a bm hunter or fury warrior and simply faceroll and enjoy the content.

The problem now is that i will be significantly behind for en and karazhan will be released soon , is it wise to push the reroll now or should i focus on my priest at least until the end of karazhan? does blizzard help new players to catchup before a major patch? will i get a chance to catchup fast on gear before nighthold or should i start from now?
    make up your mind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    If you're not enjoying your priest then just reroll. Even if you're behind you'll enjoy your playtime more than you ever would on your priest.
    This /10char

make up your mind

Deleted
    Sure if you can handle farming hundreds of mythic+ for a legendary(required to compete if you are a raider), farming that nightfallen rep AGAIN, getting your artifact knowledge to an acceptable level which will take you about 3 weeks before you can get traits reliable, gearing up back to 860+ so you even have a tiny chance of getting into pug m+ groups

sure m8, go ahead legion is totally alt/reroll friendly

HOWEVER:

if you do not raid, it doesnt matter at all. might as well run around in greens or something without any traits

i think i will level a bm hunter or fury warrior and simply faceroll and enjoy the content.
    Those bold words can't go together.

I think rolling a priest for this expansion was a mistake , playing healer is a boring and terrible experience and shadow dps is too boring as well , tbh thats why i ended up as a holy because shadow was even worse , its annoying to have several frames on your screen , to get blamed for everything etc , i think i will level a bm hunter or fury warrior and simply faceroll and enjoy the content
    make up your mind

Not too late to reroll, myself just parked my enhancement shaman with ilevel 860 and rerolled a ret pally (quite frankly my paladin brings A LOT more utility then my enhancement shaman ever will)

So no not too late bud.
    Last edited by Nzo; 2016-10-15 at 02:47 PM.
    Oh hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Those bold words can't go together.
    Why? I enjoy playing BM

If you focus all your time into your character and stay on top of AK, you won't be too far behind.

Depends on how much you can play I'd think.
    I rerolled last week from warrior to druid and should be on my warriors (item)level by ~end of next week. Was able to play 10+ hours per day though and got boosted through mythic+0 by friends

Deleted
    You'll be able to catch up with the research on prodigious weapons since the research is shorten when you are not on the good timing but you'll need to put a lot of hours to catch up the train

Oh man this is sick , im 106 lvl with 747 gear lvl with my bm hunter and i already pull 100k dps st and 140k dps multitarget , i beat an 110 lvl shaman and lock easily lol and i was using 2 buttons thats right 2 buttons..one for cds and another for damage sequence , thats blizzard for you , 2 button spam is far more rewarding than a complex rotation , as shadow i was pulling 60k dps at 110 with 800ilvl gear

Oh man this is sick , im 106 lvl with 747 gear lvl with my bm hunter and i already pull 100k dps st and 140k dps multitarget , i beat an 110 lvl shaman and lock easily lol and i was using 2 buttons thats right 2 buttons..one for cds and another for damage sequence , thats blizzard for you , 2 button spam is far more rewarding than a complex rotation , as shadow i was pulling 60k dps at 110 with 800ilvl gear
    You know that your damage scales in dungeon until you're lvl 110, right? Dps usually goes down significantly when you go 109 > 110.

You get a power boost in a dungeon as a low level (like your hunter), so that you can compete with Lvl110s (the lock and shaman). Things will be different for you once you hit max-level and do actual content.

Also shadow is pretty decent. Are you sure you're not doing something wrong? Did you try one of wowhead's class guides? Pretty easy to follow.

Nope, I rerolled last week and downed heroic a couple of days ago, as long as you have people to help you good