Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Saber's Eye Dupes

• Level 1 Priest
    • First Account Achievement 10/7/2016
    • Only 20 Achievement Points
    • Selling Saber's Eye a couple hundred gold above cost when they are 5000g+ profit on AH. VERY odd after spending all the time to get to 800 JC (We know it's rough and expensive) that you would only sell for 140g profit.
    • Been spamming trade selling mass amounts of Saber's Eye for the past week.

Screams Dupe

Huge spike on the Auction House which started Sept 29th, though I think most dupers are selling via trade, not selling on the AH and it may be players thinking "They are selling very low, I'll flip on the AH for a profit" posting them. (Scroll down to regional)

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/kilrogg/item/130248
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/kilrogg/item/130245
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/kilrogg/item/130246
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/kilrogg/item/130247

Last edited by Elvine; 2016-10-15 at 10:15 AM.

There are a couple threads on the wow profession forums and apparently someone sent a twitter question to Blizz asking and it is being looked into. But yeah there is some shady stuff. I've had multiple level 1 characters posting gems for sub 3k gold when the mats alone are worth 4500-5500g on my realm. No one in their right mind would sell these things this cheap. It is nearly impossible to find and report all of the names they use because you can't always find the character to right click them and not all of them use chat. Some realms have over 100 of the same type of gem posted.

When they first started showing up on my realm I didn't know of this shady crap and thought someone was just really trying to crash the market. I bought them all out and reposted and a few hours later just more and more kept showing up. To see what would happen I started to undercut them and they went from where they started at 5500 all the way down to less than 2k gold. They would never buy my cheap undercuts and always tried to repost. When I saw them remove undercut gems to repost I removed mine as well and put them back at 5500g. They would only undercut by a small amount and the process would start over.

Deleted
    Something does seem fishy. That said, it might be botters as well. My market has experienced massive increase in ore dumps by select few characters (Realm avaibility of Felslate/Leystone doubled and Ghost Iron/Trillium increased by a factor of 5).

I would've thought it was a hacker or duper if I saw epic gems that cheap and in those quantities. Nobody who makes these legit would make so many to literally give them away. To invest 4.8k to make 150g to me sounds like insanity, you don't do that when you theoretically can make twice or three times the money you put in. Also announcing you sell them in bunch to me coupled with outrageously low prices tells me you wanna get rid of them before they're deleted by papa Blizzard.

To me it'd be weird to be just botters. It's much more effective and less risky to sell ore no? Expensive goods are the targets for duping.

For what it's worth, I have someone on my server spamming nearly the same exact post every single day too. Can't even get their level or anything though, it always says "0 Players Found" when shift clicking on their name, didn't know if it was an issue with connected realms though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    For what it's worth, I have someone on my server spamming nearly the same exact post every single day too. Can't even get their level or anything though, it always says "0 Players Found" when shift clicking on their name, didn't know if it was an issue with connected realms though.
    It might be an addon, or built into the ui, but I don't think you can /who anyone below level 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    It might be an addon, or built into the ui, but I don't think you can /who anyone below level 20.
    Would make sense. Even people actually on their server were having issues using /who to find them too.

Yeah, found this thread.. it's pretty wide spread with the same level 1 priest barking the macro.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749356963

bought my sabres eye of int 2 weeks ago from a lv1 spamming trade for 1k, tried to buy more than one but after selling the first they went unresponsive and suddenly the AH was flooded with them for much more. my guess at the time was duper, needed gold to pay deposit on posting their stockpile and thats why I picked one up off them for 1k

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the rules here state no public shaming/naming so that name should be blurred out ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I thought the rules here state no public shaming/naming so that name should be blurred out ?
    Shit like this needs to be exposed, its an lvl1 anyway
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

But remember guys Blizzard says duping doesn't exist

Every xpac they seem to focus on duping something

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    But remember guys Blizzard says duping doesn't exist
    Source on them ever saying that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Source on them ever saying that?
    It has been confirmed in blue posts that duping does not exist as we the players put the term to it. I mean it is a load of corporate speak BS if you ask me. Remember when all of the level 6 spectral kitten were the first pet being 'duped'? I sure do. I was able to get a blue response that said duping does not exist but they were doing something to exploit to cause the pets to happen.

Not like they did much about it as every TCG pet got duped, panther mounts, sandstone drakes and so on. I'll try to find the blue post but it is a year or two old at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I found it

The important part being: "To clarify, these items are not "duped" in the traditional sense (i.e. player doing something themselves in order to create a copy of the first item). These items are obtained through exploitative means."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    It has been confirmed in blue posts that duping does not exist as we the players put the term to it. I mean it is a load of corporate speak BS if you ask me. Remember when all of the level 6 spectral kitten were the first pet being 'duped'? I sure do. I was able to get a blue response that said duping does not exist but they were doing something to exploit to cause the pets to happen.

Not like they did much about it as every TCG pet got duped, panther mounts, sandstone drakes and so on. I'll try to find the blue post but it is a year or two old at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I found it

The important part being: "To clarify, these items are not "duped" in the traditional sense (i.e. player doing something themselves in order to create a copy of the first item). These items are obtained through exploitative means."
    Which is bullshit ofc. There was working dupes in WoD, pretty sure they still work.

The TGC stuff wasn't duped, they came from the algorithm for redemption codes getting cracked.

Bought a chunk of these Sabers from aforementioned Level 1 priest on my server over a few days.

Last night bought some more.

Later noticed I was locked out of all raids and dungeons.

Reload. still locked. Relog still locked.

put in ticket thinking something was hosed.

Checked again and mouseover lock graphic on raid list and "PlayerXXX does not have the supported Version of World of Warcraft" player name was toon I bought sabers from.

This morning all was back to normal.

regarding OP

Blizz is screwed if they cant stop this obv duping.

If I had chosen to level my JC alt I'd be furious.

Quote Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
    The TGC stuff wasn't duped, they came from the algorithm for redemption codes getting cracked.
    That is what I figured at the time but there was no proof of it. Also do not forget the first TCG pets to be hit were level 6 spectral tiger cubs, hundreds of them, maybe thousands. NOT from the algorithm in that case. Perhaps things changed later but then that does not explain Hatesparks when those got flooded all at the same time on many realms.

Either way, SOMETHING shady is going on.

Time to buy out all the cheap gems and re-sell them when the exploiters get banned