Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the worst that could happen?

So i'm just so damn tired of all the bullshit happening social wise in the U.S and was wondering what is literally the worst that could happen if some high ranking Political figure came on T.V one night and just said stop it. To everyone, The Feminists,the anti-gays,the anti-trans, BLM, etc Explained in detail how they are wrong to be the way they are in detail and proved everything they believe is just misinformation?

PLEASE TRY AND STAY TO THE TOPIC OF WHAT IS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN if someone told all the anti this and that they are wrong.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

They'd lash out against this official. People don't spend their entire lives believing in and acting upon a great moral crusade only to give it up because someone told them to calm down. Too much investment. Too much opportunity cost to make up. Defense mechanisms would spring up in the mind in order to deflect any truth from hitting home.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    They'd lash out against this official. People don't spend their entire lives believing in and acting upon a great moral crusade only to give it up because someone told them to calm down. Too much investment. Too much opportunity cost to make up. Defense mechanisms would spring up in the mind in order to deflect any truth from hitting home.
    Then how could they be reached? With Evidence,detail explanations etc etc. If all of that doesn't help them then what actually can?
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Wait, you mean all we need is someone with power to tell people they're wrong? Well shit, that's less complicated than I thought?

It would be like in one of those movies where everyone is talking arguing, they stop look at the politician for 2 seconds and then go back to talking and arguing.

I don't think it's a big problem, myself.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    So i'm just so damn tired of all the bullshit happening social wise in the U.S and was wondering what is literally the worst that could happen if some high ranking Political figure came on T.V one night and just said stop it. To everyone, The Feminists,the anti-gays,the anti-trans, BLM, etc Explained in detail how they are wrong to be the way they are in detail and proved everything they believe is just misinformation?

PLEASE TRY AND STAY TO THE TOPIC OF WHAT IS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN if someone told all the anti this and that they are wrong.
    "Wrong."

Not even meme'ing. Too many people are too far gone in their state of denial. Everything that disagrees with me is a conspiracy and I can only trust certain websites (until another website calls that website MSM, of course).

It's not true, it's wrong, it's a conspiracy is what even the most rational and well-thought out argument made by god himself would get countered with.

Then how could they be reached? With Evidence,detail explanations etc etc. If all of that doesn't help them then what actually can?
    I don't know. How does an ideology die out? It loses its appeal on a personal, emotional level, because that's the basis for a person's beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people would tune out and only hear that they denounced the groups the listener already doesn't like and then people would argue over whether the speaker gave a stronger denouncement of X or Y group, with of course the speaker going easy on the groups they don't like and really taking their own to task while simultaneously really ripping the other guys a new one and totally vindicating the listener's own position.

Because people are idiots and doublethink is thing.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

It'll cause eventual heat death of the universe.

I don't think it'd do anything... may even make things worse. It's kinda like someone said above me... one person yelling STOP over a bunch of people arguing isn't going to accomplish much.

10+ Year Old Account
    People already do.

You can't really argue people away from irrational beliefs.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One problem with what you're suggesting is you're saying they should tell people that they're wrong, when some of these people are the exact opposites of each other.

Like most feminists are also pro-gay, but you're advocating telling people that are anti-gay that they are wrong as well? Wtf dude? Think about what you post before you hit post next time.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    People already do.

You can't really argue people away from irrational beliefs.
    I'm not sure if any true, hardcore, fundamental beliefs are rational anyways. In that case, you can't argue them away from the subjects being mentioned like you could argue them away from an incorrect application of modus ponens on a homework assignment.

Some people are actually just stupid and almost impossible to convince, they're not limited to a certain ideology though. Just try teach people to have an open mind to every idea perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Like if the President came on TV and said "Hey assholes, stop being assholes!"?

I'd assume that assholing would intensify.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    snip
    They should just throw a Literature Nobel Price at South Park in some years.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

So, one of the problems is that you are wrong about feminism and BLM. Are you willing to be educated about those movements? The reality, not the strawman that has likely been drilled into you.

Yeah, I didn't think so. Now do you at least see the problem?

Being anti-gay and anti-trans are pretty easy to talk about because prejudice is a fairly straight-forward conversation. Many other conversations (e.g. feminism, BLM, abortion) are actually pretty difficult conversations because there are a lot of components and issues surrounding the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Like if the President came on TV and said "Hey assholes, stop being assholes!"?

I'd assume that assholing would intensify.
    thats pretty much what he does

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, totalitarian dictatorship, I guess? I mean, this is what probably would happen in the end, were such a politician to succeed. The worst that could happen... Nuclear apocalypse, I guess, depending on how much the politician is willing to push this line.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.