Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Draenei-Ogre, what do you think? New ogre race?

What are your thoughts on this? and I wonder if we might see actual models for Half-orcs, Half-elves and other half-draenei

the half breeds are very limited in wow lore, only a handful of races could have that we know of, enough of a population to be a playable race or sub-race.

Half-elf - probably the most numerous half breed between humans and high elves
    Half-orc/draenei - these have had centuries to exist like half-elves and could be enough out thre
    Half-orc/human - few in number, they'd currently be enough around to have a generation possibly 2 - was first war was over 40 years ago.
    Half-orc/ogre - Mok'nathal - well we know these are a solid community of themselves unlike the others listed above who are either part of one or the other of their parents' societies or outcasts.
    Half-draenei-orgre - now that would also be a group that has had centuries to develop

If they were going to add ogres as a playable race, i wonder if we're going to get ogres on the horde, and draenei-ogres on the alliance... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

if this is the case, i take it they didn't like the neutral race thingy, and are now going to give variations to races they double up.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-10-16 at 01:05 AM.

you created that yourself? impressive

This is likely a scrapped model they had planned to use in WoD, but then didnt. Dont expect to see it ingame anytime soon, or ever.

'course, i could be wrong about that, but I doubt it. They wouldnt be using it as an example in the way they did if it was a preview of new content.

This is part of an art contest entry from last year

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    if this is the case, i take it they didn't like the neutral race thingy, and are now going to give variations to races they double up.
    They've already said they don't like how the Pandaren work out as regards the neutral race situation.

I very much doubt any half-breed races will be made playable races in anything other than a cosmetic variation on the existing races. (IE: Half-Elf variation to Blood Elf)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks more like a half draenei/orc to me

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    They wouldnt be using it as an example in the way they did if it was a preview of new content.
    sometimes they let things slip - "accidentally"? Is there established lore for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes they let things slip - "accidentally"? Is there established lore for them?
    It was an art contest submission.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It was an art contest submission.
    It was their example of what they expect from the art contest this year. They showed something never seen before, and it looks like it could totally fit in game.

Deleted
    It's for an art contest back in 2015. It's credited to LCAD (Laguna College of Art and Design) and is a year old. Blizzard artists/designers had nothing to do with this.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2016-10-16 at 01:32 AM.

Looks just like a purple coloured orc to me nothing special or anything i would bother to roll.

Maybe if blizz Could be arse to make all the doors taller they could eliminate the clipping issue that would make giving us ogres feasible.

I prefer the normal style of ogre to a hybrid, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a hybrid of ogre and draenei.

Why are ogres so easy to hybrid with?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Created by this artist.

This isn't any kind of official artwork, or new.
    It has nothing to do with any future content. It's the fan creation of someone who is not a Blizzard employee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It has nothing to do with any future content. It's the fan creation of someone who is not a Blizzard employee.
    He actually is currently, but at the time he created this piece he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Funny, but Matthew Mckeown is a blizzard employee

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    He actually is currently, but at the time he created this piece he wasn't.
    probably how they scout for new talent.

7+ Year Old Account
    god no....
    enough with half breeds.

Formerly known as Arafal

That looks pretty awesome! But I'd rather see the usual ogres for Horde while Alliance gets something that.. well.. isn't another type of ogre.

Can you imagine a playable 2-headed ogre? The devs could make the two heads interact with emotes such as /silly, /flirt, etc.