Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    0 cents.

I reeeeeeeeally don't see the use for a car for myself. Anything I need to reach is within, at best, an hour of biking, usually within 20-30 minutes.
    yeah if your place of work is close no car is needed

Honestly... not more then 15k. Bought a 2007 Pontiac G6 with 68k miles on it 3 years ago, and it's served me well. Got it for 9,300. Not sure if I overpaid or not... but most dealers in my area weren't much lower or higher.

Most of the cars I'm interested in actually owning are in the 12-15k range, so I'd say around 17k to account for accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Honestly... not more then 15k. Bought a 2007 Pontiac G6 with 68k miles on it 3 years ago, and it's served me well. Got it for 9,300. Not sure if I overpaid or not... but most dealers in my area weren't much lower or higher.
    yeah if thats the cheapest in the area should be fine

Deleted
    As much as possible, how angry and jealous would it make the scrub society?

I probably won't buy a brand new car. I'd rather get a couple year old used rig, and let someone else take the big value hit.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Most of the cars I'm interested in actually owning are in the 12-15k range, so I'd say around 17k to account for accessories.
    some nice cars are in that range

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Got pulled over doing 280+ two times, never even a ticket. Once on a bike, the cop warned me about a bear and a moose on the road ahead. Once in my car, officer commented on how nice it was and obviously its speed, told me to slow down and enjoy my day. Stay mad though
    obviously a made up story :3. I wonder when you will end up like Ryan Dunn

Spending a lot of money on a car is stupid. The second you drive it off the lot it depreciates so much.

I would never spend over 20k unless it's a classic or will one day be a classic.

Current truck was $49500. Jewed them down to $46500 and 0% interest on loan. It is mydream truck. In 2 years I'll get another one just like it with 50k less miles

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Current truck was $49500. Jewed them down to $46500 and 0% interest on loan. It is mydream truck. In 2 years I'll get another one just like it with 50k less miles
    I'm guessing a GMC Sierra Denali? I know trucks aren't cheap, but that's one hell of a price tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoleivy5 View Post
    yeah if your place of work is close no car is needed
    I'm lucky in this regard. 20 minutes to the campus, maybe 25-30 in bad weather / winters... Exercise is good anyway!

The only use for a car I can see for myself is to have some transportation for the periods when my bike is in repairs. But that happens, maybe, 2-3 days a year, so it's barely worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    I'm guessing a GMC Sierra Denali? I know trucks aren't cheap, but that's one hell of a price tag.
    F150 platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    F150 platinum
    nice

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'm lucky in this regard. 20 minutes to the campus, maybe 25-30 in bad weather / winters... Exercise is good anyway!

The only use for a car I can see for myself is to have some transportation for the periods when my bike is in repairs. But that happens, maybe, 2-3 days a year, so it's barely worth it.
    Just get a spare bike
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    As I can in no way shape or form predict what inflation will be like and how old I will be when I purchase my last car, an exact dollar amount would be borderline impossible to estimate.

However, I would say that I would not spend more than half of a year's wages on a car, and even then that is pushing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Spending a lot of money on a car is stupid. The second you drive it off the lot it depreciates so much.

I would never spend over 20k unless it's a classic or will one day be a classic.
    yeah but if you are rich, a few hundred thousand would be pocket change so it doesnt matter if it depreciates

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I am seeing the average price is 10-15k...How the hell do manufactures sell new cars in this market? Are they all marketing solely to the rich?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    From what I am seeing the average price is 10-15k...How the hell do manufactures sell new cars in this market? Are they all marketing solely to the rich?
    You have to consider the demographics of MMO-Champion. While there are a number of us in our 30s and beyond there are also a large potion of younger people that can't go out and pay $20,000+ for a new car. If it takes off maybe there will be some sort of market among the younger folks for the Elio cars? $7300 for a car that gets 84 MPG....but looks ugly as sin.

If I had millions, I'd look at a Bugatti Veyron... and then I'd give to charity, something with animals.
    Spending on car to drive with: 4600 euro, tops. My dad got a REALLY nice mercedes for that price which feels more luxurious than most new cars I've been in. I'm not a big car person, but I can appreciate their beauty and the sounds they make.

I would never take a loan to "buy" a new car. Only loan I'll take in my life is for a future house.