Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Arthas vs Ner'zhul

Arthas as a Paladin with the Hammer of the Light before using Frostmourne
    VS
    Ner'zul as a Shaman

who would win

I myself would say Ner'zul would win this fight, more experience and cunning, even if he was too old and slower than Arthas
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerzhul stomps. Arthas wasnt even that great of a Paladin.Guys like Uther,Tirion,Turalyon,Mograine etc. would hand him his ass.Nerzhul on the otherhand was one of the most powerful Shaman ever.

Deleted
    Ner'Zhul did cast the most powerfull spell in Warcraft history by a mortal by destroying a planet so i give it to the shaman.
    I dont see Arthas doing anything of this scale as a paladin.

Deleted
    Ner'zhul, and it's not even close.

Deleted
    Ner'zhul, until the fight starts in melee or Arthas somehow manages to reach him. Then Ner'zhul would be seriously fucked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Ner'zhul, until the fight starts in melee or Arthas somehow manages to reach him. Then Ner'zhul would be seriously fucked.
    Totally agree on that.

why? shamans arent bad in melee and we only saw ner'zhul as warlock and dark shaman/spriest, maybe he was a very skilled enhanced fighter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    why? shamans arent bad in melee and we only saw ner'zhul as warlock and dark shaman/spriest, maybe he was a very skilled enhanced fighter
    There is no indication that Ner'zhul was ever a warrior and most shamans are more spiritual advisors. On the other Hand, Arthas was still a Paladin, a well trained Knight and User of the Light who had the best teachers possible. Arthas would crush Ner'zhul in Melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another thread about who would win an hypothetical fight between two fictional characters.

The correct answer is : who ever the writer wants.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yet another thread about who would win an hypothetical fight between two fictional characters.

So Thrall would win?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Ner'Zhul did cast the most powerfull spell in Warcraft history by a mortal by destroying a planet so i give it to the shaman.
    I dont see Arthas doing anything of this scale as a paladin.
    Wasn't he a warlock at this point?

- - - Updated - - -

Can't we debate and imagine ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    Ner'zhul, and it's not even close.
    Light is so powerful in warcraft universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted

Thrall then, going by the last 4 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ner'Zhul. Arthas sucked, he became an arm to wield the sword, nothing more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Ner'Zhul. Arthas sucked, he became an arm to wield the sword, nothing more.
    An arm to wield the sword, whose spirit was so much more powerful than Ner'zhul's that he was able to destroy him without a second thought.

Seriously, I cannot think of a way in which Ner'zhul would be able to defeat most characters in Warcraft.
    Was he a powerful Shaman? Sure.
    Was he some world breaker that people say he is? No, at least not any more than a kid with matches who lights a field on fire is a fire mage.
    Hell, he was one of the most powerful psychic entities on Azeroth by the time Arthas donned the Helm of Dominion, and Ner'zhul was still destroyed.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    An arm to wield the sword, whose spirit was so much more powerful than Ner'zhul's that he was able to destroy him without a second thought.

Seriously, I cannot think of a way in which Ner'zhul would be able to defeat most characters in Warcraft.
    Was he a powerful Shaman? Sure.
    Was he some world breaker that people say he is? No, at least not any more than a kid with matches who lights a field on fire is a fire mage.
    Hell, he was one of the most powerful psychic entities on Azeroth by the time Arthas donned the Helm of Dominion, and Ner'zhul was still destroyed.
    I think Arthas managed to dominate him not through strength of mind, but peace of mind. Ner'zul was a mix of emotion, at a loss for what to do and why, completely consumed by rage, sadness, loss, lust for power and destruction. Arthas was a mind wiped clean by Frostmoure. He had one goal in mind, the goal of purging life, exactly what Frostmourne was made to do. Just like what happened to Teranas, Arthas came before the throne and King was felled by a sword.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ner'zhul should have won in Northrend when Arthas went super emo, but Christie Golden had other ideas. Heh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Ner'zhul should have won in Northrend when Arthas went super emo, but Christie Golden had other ideas. Heh.
    Ner'zhoul and Arthas should have merged into one powerful being that is neither Arthas nore Ner'zhul but still both of them at the same time, like it was canon before Shit of the Lichking.

Ner'zhoul and Arthas should have merged into one powerful being that is neither Arthas nore Ner'zhul but still both of them at the same time, like it was canon before Shit of the Lichking.
    This so much, they butchered both their stories with Wrath of the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    This so much, they butchered both their stories with Wrath of the Lich King.
    Agreed. We have Orcs vs Humans, but what if Orc AND human?

Deleted
    How old and experienced was Arthas before WC3 and Ner'zhul before KD trapped him? I think Ner'zhul was way more due to the fact that he was already at WC2 (times before) and has more experience before they "assimilated". Arthas just lost his horse and was driven by anger and fear where Ner'zhul had his stand against one of the greatest in the legion.

Ner'zhul is no pup where Arthas became a deceiver to his own kind.