Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    As in; It was too much for their computers to handle? Or did it seriously distress them that it was raining? I find it calming
    They saw that a lot of players simply logged out when the rain/darkness were enabled in zones. While the rain is very soothing and looks great, it also decreases your visibility by a shit ton

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Stormheim says hi. Borderline annoying to play when it rains there. Though I must say its pretty immersive and would never like it removed or reduced. Id like them to do the same with fog and snow.
    stormheim does not say hi, stop it allready the says hi fad has gone too far just end it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People that can't move away from Potato class computers are the reason I'd be willing to bet. It wasn't just like that in Classic though, since I remember rain of that nature from WOTLK and Cata as well..
    There is a reason why blizzard support a variety of hardware, some of it very old by some "standards".
    And not just blizzard either.
    It obviously represents a substantial number of players.
    Stop being so damn ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Stormheim at night when it rains is visually challenging to say the least. I love weather effects, but in other MMOs I've played they're temporary flavor usually lasting less than 10 minutes (if that) while in WoW they can continue your entire play session.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    It's an MMORPG.
    So?..

"Hey, look at me, I'm not making sense, let's just use a canned phrase and hope nobody will notice."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
    It caused "visual distress" in some players.
    The rain in game causes "visual distress" right now. I can barely stand to play when it's raining and it rains everywhere all the time right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    I'm sure there's a reason for it, I just don't know it. I wish we still had this

They were removed because the current devs couldnt understand immersion even if you bashed them to death with it.

You been in the new zones?
    The new weather is far better than that shit. Its not all over the world, but its way better than nothing.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
    It caused "visual distress" in some players.
    It's part of the experience though. I mean a flat green landscape in the day time with sunny weather would get annoying too if that was all we ever got.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There is a reason why blizzard support a variety of hardware, some of it very old by some "standards".
    And not just blizzard either.
    It obviously represents a substantial number of players.
    Stop being so damn ignorant.
    Woah, triggered over nothing, are we? And I'm anything but "ignorant", I was part of the Potato-class computer crowd for a long time and still am compared to many modern setups. Fact still stands that changes in graphics to make them less taxing are probably made for that crowd.

If you don't remember, it was REALLY irritating when it was happening in game. I used to turn it off completely while playing. The noise and the overall visuals was just obstructive and you couldn't see much in front of you. The rain sucked, glad its gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    They were removed because the current devs couldnt understand immersion even if you bashed them to death with it.
    wat. It was removed in vanilla dude. This is a great heroic leap of logic you made there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormheim says hi. Borderline annoying to play when it rains there. Though I must say its pretty immersive and would never like it removed or reduced. Id like them to do the same with fog and snow.
    It's annoying as fuck, so http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1670093294 makes it a bit better.
    What's really annoying is how the day/night cycle is tied to your computer's time. Or the server's, I don't know. The point is that I'm always playing in the dark. And it's way too dark.
    I just want sunlight in-game.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

People crying is the most likely reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I forgot all about that. It is a shame that they got rid of it. I still remember seeing the rain in STV on PTR when it was added. I was blown away. It looked and felt great.

When i played on nost i had to turn that setting down. It was a bit annoying cuz it happened all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    well the massive storms where just horrible for FPS and seeing far, so people dident like it

darker nights has returned slightly, as it does get rather dark in legion, but they dont want to make it very dark, because at night it would be hard to play normally, and of corse those who only could play at night, would be as an unfair time

its mostly yes its cool, i love rain and snow!
    but it uses up alot of CPU and few people will use it, as it makes it hard to see when its happening...
    i would love them to return the old "weather" slider, maybe have a "darkness" slider, but the amount of people who will turn it to max, will be SUPER low, cause, who doesent like to see what their doing..?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Woah, triggered over nothing, are we? And I'm anything but "ignorant", I was part of the Potato-class computer crowd for a long time and still am compared to many modern setups. Fact still stands that changes in graphics to make them less taxing are probably made for that crowd.
    He felt that you may be in someway be criticizing Blizzard and that is something that cannot be tolerated. You will notice that Pull My Finger has also attacked someone for no reason too. It upsets them.

That is more then 12 years down the line with completely different ways to process things on the players end and execute them on Blizzards side. Even with that mist, fog, weather effects and other random see through moving things is murderous on fps for a lot of players.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    if i recall right, it was removed to get improved, but they scraped it or it got forgotten. Same thing with the "Nights" in vanilla actually beeing dark.
    nights were removed because people complained that they couldnt see anything at night....no crap. thats what night does. Basically anything like this that gets removed was done so because of bitching. I wish night was like the Rexxar hunter campaign quest, where you need a torch just to see 5 feet in front of you.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.