Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have 5 chars at 110 and 2 of them geared, 1 is 810 and the other 2 are ~800. I just don't do daily WQs. I level because at some point I want other chars 110. I refuse to participate in Blizzards insane rng BS. If I get a legendary fine, but I ain't farming for it. Might as well farm Time-Lost Proto-drake. I gear through raiding, and some items mythic dungs.

Detaching oneself from the ridiculous grind can be difficult if friends/guildies have AL25+ and you're around 20 or something, I appreciate that. But I have a life.

This game is pretty much pure sh*t now. They make you do so mucn unfun shit just to get anywhere. All the dumb f*cks that were crying these games praises are dumb little kids and helpless adults that have no concept of the value of their time.

WOD was actually a step in the right direction, but instead of taking what worked in WOD (garrisons was actually one of them) and actually creating more content, they re-added the huge daily grind from Burning Crusade and WotLK.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got 8 level 110 chars and I still cant decide which one is better for raiding this expansion. I have them all sitting chewing through artifact research.

One day I love healing the other day I love playing one of the underperforming DPS specs, frost DK or Frost mage... Maybe I should hurry up and make a decission.

Quote Originally Posted by Xords View Post
    Hi guys!

I've been enjoying Legion sincer the first day and it's the best expansion from my point of view, but for a few days I find myself logging in just to do world quests for legendary drop (still nothing) or for reputation with Valaj or Nightb.

After I do those / if those are not available I do the PVP WQs then I just wait around then log out bored. I'm at prestige 2 level 10 so I've been doing the whole 1-50 Honor levels thing the past weeks. Think it started from this, but I really want that mount from prestige!

Am I alone?
    Nah, there's a routine to settle into unless you decide to start in with alts. Not much different than it's been in the past, aside from WQ's being your new, more interesting daily.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Going thru the entire intro suramar questline AGAIN just to unlock WQs is honestly the most aids thing ever...thank god this gets fixed on the 25th.
    Good thing you don't have to go through the entire thing to unlock the WQ just get to friendly which is only a few quests

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I think people need to realize again that WoW isn't meant to be the one and only game you play in a day.

You log in, you do your world quests for legendaries, PvP WQs for honor, and log out. Maybe you don't consider that enough, but that to me is actually more than what we did back in the day - Which was log in for dailies, then log out when they're done.

I don't know when this started being "I'm burned out" but that's... Just the game.
    Yeah I do my emissaries and if I don't want to play more that day I go play Witcher 3.

I think it is that they rolled daily quests , apexis bar filling and rep grinding into one activity and then gave it better loot than normal/heroic dungeons and LFR. Unless you do Mythics and Raid this expansion is pretty boring i guess. My main is only at the 64k ish AP talent and that already seems insurmountable. I would have to do every WQ and then some for days to get the next one. Will be having a break after my timecard runs out personally. Legion is kinda WoD like as it caters more to the raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same to be honest, so just playing Overwatch instead. Have 3 110s now, and 30 WQs to do for my Priest Order Hall thing. It's like again? Kinda glad I can't, and didn't commit to raiding, there's a lot of repetitive grinding to "keep up" with peers if that's what you want to do. While there's not really a gear 'cap' on lesser content than raids; it's still a formidable RNGfest that essentially applies it anyway. Barely even get useful drops from dungeons or LFR, nevermind the upgraded versions.

As for Artifact power, no, it really doesn't do the "well at least I got something from it" feel. It's a part of the grind, and it, like the WQs is one without end. Whooopety fucking woo I got 2K AP from a thing, when I need 34k for the next upgrade. I'd hate to feel obligated to do that for a guild.

Deleted
    Personally I got burnt out mostly due to the bad RNG I've been getting and the slow AP grind. I currently don't feel like my main is progressing at all. I would normally an alt, but the artefact system makes Legion feel extremely alt-unfriendly to me. I just started playing other games, I'll log on every once in a while to keep the AK going, and for the occasional guild raid, but that's it really...

I just ... log out when I'm bored. For instance, I find myself bored with Suramar (city). While I'm 3 Suramar chapters away from Legion Pathfinder, I can't at the moment bring myself to do it. I know it comes in handy (the pathfinder) but... meh, you know? :P

I used to do more world quests but now I'm checking if they have some gear upgrade for me.

Unless you're pushing really highend PvP/PvE, what's the point in forcing yourself to play?

Lastly, I think too many people consider WoW to be their obligation, not reward, especially if you like me don't work. Do something meaningful before WoW, like cleaning or working out, then you feel a bit better about playing. At least that's how it works for me. You should play because you want to, not because you have to

Edit: though yes, I'm playing less now than closer to launch as I feel it's easier to reach that point of "erhm, what now?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Yeah, I think I'm about to burn out myself. But it's certainly not because I'm bored. Currently a huge part of my free time is wasted with just trying to keep up with the useful WQs, Raidind, doing at least a few somewhat decent keystone runs and farming materials to keep myself supplied for the raids (because there is no way I could pay these AH prices since I skipped most of Shitenor). The awful RNG based systems in place certainly aren't helping here. I guess I could stop with the WQs, but I feel kinda bad if I don't try to do at least the AP ones, to squezze the last few usefull points out of my weapon and try to get a legendary for the raid from the emissaries..

Still haven't finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and I'm really itching for Shadow Warror 2 and Divinty: Original Sin 2.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-10-16 at 10:10 PM.

On days I dont really feel like playing WoW, I just login... do the WQs I need for the emisary and all the AP quests, then logout.
    Then I check my phone every few hours to send out my champions on missions.

Unless you're in a top raiding guild, you dont have to play 24/7.

Nope, just got my second alt (paladin) to 110, currently working to unlock world quests for it and getting high enough ilvl for LFR + finishing the Class Hall. Already done it on my first alt to 110 (Monk).

I don't burnout on WoW. Never have and probably never will, as there's always something I want to achieve in-game.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Good thing wow is just one game of literally thousands of good pc games to play. We're not in 2004 anymore, there isn't just wow and cs. PC gaming has been on fire for the past 10 years, most people have backlogs that they will never actually complete. No need to play a game you're even remotely burned out on.
    It's not that, the thing is people mostly played this game for several years. Like checking every patchnotes or be on mmo-champion on the juicy stuff. Being burned out on a game that you follow for quite some time can be quite weird tbh.

Yeah, I'm pretty burned. Been running instances for three weeks to get a Storm Relic to fill in my empty 1st Relic slot, and getting nothing, and honestly, without a group of people to do raids or Mythic+ with, I'm kinda not seeing the justification for my sub. I'll let it lapse and come back to see Nighthold.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Good thing wow is just one game of literally thousands of good pc games to play. We're not in 2004 anymore, there isn't just wow and cs.
    Not sure what bubble you were living in if those were your only 2 PC games in '04, but hey..... more power to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I think people need to realize again that WoW isn't meant to be the one and only game you play in a day.

You log in, you do your world quests for legendaries, PvP WQs for honor, and log out. Maybe you don't consider that enough, but that to me is actually more than what we did back in the day - Which was log in for dailies, then log out when they're done.

I don't know when this started being "I'm burned out" but that's... Just the game.
    But is that... fun? It sounds like 'login, do chores, log out.'

However, you're right - this is the game. The shiny newness has worn off - we've leveled, done dungeons, hit up EN at some level even if it's just LFR, etc. We're into the slog period... do some heroics or mythics for gear or raid to progress. Do some PVP. This is basically what WoW has always been and I think it works fine if one thing is true:

You have friends to play with.

The problem is that if you play solo and PUG group content or don't do group content, there's not a lot left that's not just repetitive and solo repetitive content isn't fun. Repeating 5 man runs with friends (IRL or in game) can be fun not because of the content but because you're hanging out doing stuff with friends. It's like RL - go out for beers by yourself and it's a bit sad usually. Go out with some friends and you're still drinking beer... but you're also shooting the shit with them, catching up, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Not sure what bubble you were living in if those were your only 2 PC games in '04, but hey..... more power to you.
    He was obviously referring to the most popular games by far back then but hey if you want to engage in pointless arguments of semantics, more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xords View Post
    Hi guys!

I've been enjoying Legion sincer the first day and it's the best expansion from my point of view, but for a few days I find myself logging in just to do world quests for legendary drop (still nothing) or for reputation with Valaj or Nightb.

After I do those / if those are not available I do the PVP WQs then I just wait around then log out bored. I'm at prestige 2 level 10 so I've been doing the whole 1-50 Honor levels thing the past weeks. Think it started from this, but I really want that mount from prestige!

Am I alone?
    You're not alone - surely - but I wouldn't call it "burnout" yet.

I feel similarly to yourself, where I don't even do World Quests unless there's compelling loot available, because getting 100 gold or a little bit of AP is not exciting at all.

Chars get to ilevel 840 quickly enough, and that's where WQ stop scaling rewards up. That is the main problem - no reason to do them anymore, while they were awesome game addition and the main reason World feels alive and populated yet again.

I don't kid myself that someone from Blizz reads this, especially if not the first reply to OP post, but wish they got the damn message.

We need incentives to stay on the same characters, and even if players resort to alts - like I do - there's also a finite number of those.

What happens once I run out of toons to take to 840?
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    I imagine most people who have been playing from the start and don't have an alt are at that point. Mythic + dungeons are a nice filler.

A new content patch is in 9 days.
    I found mythic+ nice at start... now its just man... I feel like they need to restrict mythic+ and how many times you can run a dungeon in a week, or else they gonna burn the content.

I mean everytime I go into a legion instance atm am ready to puke. Done them sooooo many times that literally I can't be bothered. And I bet am not the only one on that one.

Would be nice to have a system where for example you can run mythic+ 2 times a week in each dungeon so lets say we have x amount of dungeon multiplied by 2 thats hte maximum amount of mythic+ you can run in a week and thats it really you are saved, go do something else, maybe alt.

It would also give a point and maybe saving someone would fix the pug issues where you'll get the usual dude that joins and suddenly leaves a mythic+ run.

This is why you don't say expansions are the best one ever, after a few weeks, you jinx it. And because the newness factor wears off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.