Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bad-luck protection isn't working because I've been doing Mythic+ dungeons all day and no Legendary drop for me! Please fix Blizzard!

Seriously though, it's not bad-luck protection, it's EXTREME bad-luck protection. It doesn't mean that you will get a Legendary to drop in 1-2 weeks, even if you spend most of your WoW time doing M+ dungeons and clearing the raid on LFR/NM/HC (and M for those with guilds).

I got my first one yesterday, which was ~2 days after I unlocked my Equip 2x Legendary perk. I've been playing the same character/spec since Legion's release on the EU and I've cleared the raid and done multiple Mythic+ dungeons since they were released. That is around 6-7 weeks of completing PvE content that has a chance to give me a Legendary.

Now what the devs should really look at is balancing Legendaries. The one I got was semi-decent, but luckily it was still an upgrade for my class. However, there are some very unfortunate players out there that obtained a Legendary (CC ring comes to mind) which isn't even an upgrade for them, as a result their bad-luck protection reset back to its default value, now THAT is bad-luck. Hopefully we will see some Legendary balance fixes as there's a huge gap between some Legendaries.

What an entitled child you are. You play the game so should get something you think you deserve. If you deserve it you will get it simple as that. I have almost every mount in the game (missing the glad mounts) you know how i did that? by doing the shit i needed to do for it until i got it not crying on the forums of a fansite.

I play at least 8 hours+ a day even with a job and other responsibilites doing everything possible there is to do in the game atm and iv yet to get one but i see a warr in my guild get two in the space of an hour in our raid. Im not bothered i'll get one eventually if something so silly botheres you so much maybe you shouldn't be playing wow.
    Last edited by Muffin the Manslayer; 2016-10-17 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Oh, I get it. The chance of getting a legendary is lower then getting a BiS weapon. That still doesn't answer my question why you would compare yourself to someone with those legendaries when before you didn't compare yourself to people not in your league. You whine because you can't get what you want right away and, which seems to be the biggest problem for whiners about this, a casual *queue horror sounds* can! Awwwwww.
    "not in my league"

i am better than people, who according to you i am not in "their league". yet they get picked over me.

that's a problem isn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yikes.
    I had a few "all nighters" back in my day too but that level of sustained play is not healthy. You're bound to end up burned out and hating the game in the end.
    i know it is not healthy but i play this game for 12 years and i need to do it to keep up with rest of the team. So it is not a choice to be fair it is a must. If i will pass for a week i will be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    "not in my league"

i am better than people, who according to you i am not in "their league". yet they get picked over me.

that's a problem isn't it?
    Gear > skill. Always has been, always will. So you compare yourself to people with the same(ish) gear, as then it will show you who has more skill. When two people have equal gear, you can compare them. When one has better gear, you can't compare them. Whether they have better gear due to lucky BiS drops, more titanforges, better stats or a legendary, makes no hecking difference. So why do you insist on comparing yourself to people with legendaries, while you don't compare yourself to someone in ilevel 850 (for example)?

Deleted
    A guildie rerolled to another character, join 1st raid ever and on 1st boss kill got a legendary.

But hey, whining does help. Thats why they will buff shitty legendaries because lucky people who got them are whining.

So brace yourselves, more whining is coming with upcoming buffs and upgrades for legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    i know it is not healthy but i play this game for 12 years and i need to do it to keep up with rest of the team. So it is not a choice to be fair it is a must. If i will pass for a week i will be cut.
    Man, that really sounds like shit (no offence). One of the major reasons I don't raid with a guild anymore. As if keeping 3-5 nights free (or the whole week in some cases..) for your guild raids wasn't enough. How do you not hate this game yet?

I'm much happier nowadays. I love the Pug Life. Sure, I don't get to raid on the highest difficulty anymore, but I get to raid whenever I want and leave whenever I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    And you like that? You enjoy being in a top raiding guild (I assume you are ahead of the curve, or this would just be sad) so much, that you will do things you don't like at all? Well, then it's not a must, but something you want, isn't it?

I bet you'd enjoy WoW even more when you are in the top 20 on your server, instead of top 5 (example numbers) and not have to do all that stuff you don't really like. But hey, that's just me. If you enjoy doing things you don't like in a game... be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Legendaries in their current form are just straight up stupid. Funny all the people trying to defend it but then agian we are on mmo-champ
    And funny all the people hating blindly on wow without any good reason, but then again we are on mmo-champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    You're pretty much twisting the issues a lot of people have with legendaries.

People dislike the Legendary system because it's incredibly random. Some people have played nonstop for a month and a half and still haven't gotten a legendary, meanwhile some people hardly play at all and get one or more legendaries. So yeah, people don't like that legendaries are common, for some. But they also don't like that they are rare for them.

People also dislike the variety of legendaries available, because they swing from litterally useless to borderline gamebreaking.

It's ridiculous that you seem willing to ignore the huge issues with the system, and instead try and paint people as having attitude issues and hope they leave the community for expressing frustration over a system that by all metrics is shit. And I say this as someone with the BIS legendary for my class/spec
    People say RNG is "too much" when it isn't going their way.
    That has summed it up very well.

"too much rng" has been a persistent topic, almost a buzzword thrown at every part of the game suddenly, another bandwagon for people to jump onto.
    Yet nobody can define why it is too much, only that it isn't doing what they want it to.

It isn't bad by "all metrics".
    It is bad by "I got less legendaries than someone else" metric.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Gear > skill. Always has been, always will. So you compare yourself to people with the same(ish) gear, as then it will show you who has more skill. When two people have equal gear, you can compare them. When one has better gear, you can't compare them. Whether they have better gear due to lucky BiS drops, more titanforges, better stats or a legendary, makes no hecking difference. So why do you insist on comparing yourself to people with legendaries, while you don't compare yourself to someone in ilevel 850 (for example)?
    of course gear > skill.

But during the past expansions:

The average player who played 20 hours per week would have equal gear with the average player who played 20 hours per week, and we could see who is better skilled or not.

At this expansion, you get lucky players on 15 hours per week, having a substantial advantage over unlucky players who play 50 hours per week.

And you asked the player, who has put 3 times the effort, to see he is lagging behind, not to complaint and not to compare himself to players: "out of his league"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Did you ever farm for mounts?
    yes i did. Took me over 360 tries to get the mount from baron riverdale and killed the raptor boss in ZG over 150 times before it got removed. Never got the mount but hey, such is life.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    And funny all the people hating blindly on wow without any good reason, but then again we are on mmo-champ.
    perfectly good reason

Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    I will stop wasting my time on this game if I don't get a legendary by the end of this subscription period (ends Nov 15th).
    This is the correct course of action the legendary system is absurdly retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin the Manslayer View Post
    What an entitled child you are. You play the game so should get something you think you deserve. If you deserve it you will get it simple as that. I have almost every mount in the game (missing the glad mounts) you know how i did that? by doing the shit i needed to do for it until i got it not crying on the forums of a fansite.
    congrats. you do not even undertsand why people are so upset about legendaries in the first place.

Having a stupid mount =/= getting one of your BiS legendaries. The mount does nothing for you. (Okay some look cool I give you that)
    The legendary will increase your performance. It will help your guild/group. The system is made for people to get upset.

Some people are really competitive when it comes to raiding. They want to show their guild-mates/friends what they are made of. They want to outperform their class-mates by skill. They want to get some nice rankings. This is what motivates people. Not having the right legendary can ruin the game experience for those players. There's nothing they can do about it.

In the past you could have gotten unlucky by not getting a trinket or a new weapon but overall this could have been made up for.
    In legion some legendaries can increase your dps by 20-30k dps. This is something skill can not compensate unless your "opponent" is literally a shit player.

In my guild I'm the top hunter. My sidewinders mangement is on point and I often end up with more aimed shots and a higher amount of marked shots than my guild mates. I got the legendary neck. It's trash. My 880 titanforged neck (chest drop) is better unless I need the extra stamina.

One of the other hunters got the best legendary for his class and the withered jim trinket (all hail to the rng gods) before I would easily outperform him... we had round about the same ilvl and stats. Before he had the legendary legs. Now he has the legs and the shoes and can equip both due to the legendary double upgrade.

On our last raid he outperformed me by 7k dps due to his extra trueshot.(BiS for MM reduces the cooldown of your burst cd -trueshot-) (which he never managed to do so before. never) I casted more aimed shots, hit more markedshots and I am min/maxing my movement as good as I can.

It does not help. His aimed shots simply deal more damage than mine no (on average) due the legendary.
    It sucks. It bother me a lot. Call me a jerk or elitist or whatever but this game should reward skill and the time you invest into it accordingly.

I easily cleared 200+ mythic+ dungeons, cleared nhc+lfr+hc+some mythic EN bosses every week.
    This isn't fair. It's bullshit.

Not only is the rng-legendary bad by design but the fact that there are even shit-mediocre-BiS legendaries makes the whole situation 100 times worse than it had to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    My friend plays WoW 2 hours per day, and just do World quests and normal Mythic 5-man, he got 3 legendaries.
    I play WoW 4 hours a day and I do at least 20 Mythic+ 5~10 a week and N/HOC Raids, I got none.

Why am i spend so much more time and my item level is less than somebody who played much less? How is this fair? Am I get "punished" for playing more or something?? How am i suppose to compete with someone who got two equipped(especially the two important ones)?
    In short, yes, you're being punished and no, you can't compete. Ever. You're now a baddie.
    Oh! And let me add one more for you "time investment is now completely wasted".
    Oh! and one more! "My HC progression raid spot has now been given to someone with legendary"
    So nothing else to do but to post a teary eyed thread to MMO champion and pretend to be quitting.

So many tears.. lulz

Deleted
    Two some of the people in this thread: I've said it before and I say it again. The two concepts of

- 'You aren't supposed to be expecting a legendary at all this expansion'
    - The sole existence of the order hall upgrade to equip two

are completely contradicting each other. So for god's sake - stop parroting this stupid line. Thank you.

Another thread where people are crying they didn't get the best loot in the game.

Legendary items should be locked behind Mythic-only bosses that can only be gained after an immense gold and time sink with months of farming that become unattainable after the first kill per server. This RNG thing makes everyone so entitled.

Deleted
    Chillax... your time will come.. i'm a casual scrub, with no legendarys.. my hardcore raider friends got loads..