Deleted

Question Is regular ghoul DPS loss ??

I was just checking our logs for mythic nythendra progress/kill, and i have noticed that my fellow DK sludge belcher did almost twice as much dmg as my regular ghoul. I always thought that that talent row is mostly cosmetic and only bonus from it is extra hook. I was using using Asphyxiate because i was testing my crappy legendary ring which i have just dropped and forgot to swap back to belcher. Am i missing something.

Here are my logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejw View Post
    I was just checking our logs for mythic nythendra progress/kill, and i have noticed that my fellow DK sludge belcher did almost twice as much dmg as my regular ghoul. I always thought that that talent row is mostly cosmetic and only bonus from it is extra hook. I was using using Asphyxiate because i was testing my crappy legendary ring which i have just dropped and forgot to swap back to belcher. Am i missing something.

Here are my logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Thanks in advance
    yes the abomination does more damage, just read your ghoul abilities, and then read the abom abilities

Deleted
    Well thats pretty shitty to loose almost 10% of DPS just for 5 second stun....

This is indeed interesting, perhaps your pet was set on following you instead of attacking the boss?

Deleted
    Well after further checking into my logs i have noticed that for that pull my pet used only claw, and completly forgot to use sweeping claw during his dark transformation, thats what caused almost half dps. Other pulls are completely fine. Thats strange. What a slacker.

Both pets are dps neutral but aboms aoe is a full 360 where as the regular ghoul is only a frontal cone.

15+ Year Old Account
    What protosync said. Both do the same dps, the difference being Bobbys 360 aoe vs. 180 from Timmy. The grip is another thing to keep in mind although it's irrelevant on Nythendra.

Bear in mind that pet damage scales with gear too... that's probably why other people's pet are doing more damage than yours.

Is there any macro to force our pet to attack/use spells?!

Sometimes I check I my log and seems that I am missing those too!

Quite a few of us said many times during the beat feedback that Abom should be baseline....and have a new skin. >.>
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    Uptime of dark transformation, and thus by extension also shadow infusion, can also explain differences in pet DPS between players.

Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    Is there any macro to force our pet to attack/use spells?!

Sometimes I check I my log and seems that I am missing those too!
    Depends on if you making your pet use an ability incurs your global cooldown or not. It didn't before legion, but I don't know if it was changed since then.
    If it doesn't incur the GCD, then you can just macro the pet ability you want it to cast to your own attacks. This used to be a solution to an old problem where the ghoul would waste energy since it didn't use claw often enough to avoid capping its resource.

Deleted
    Well yes, thats what i thought. We are 2 ilvl appart, so thats not what caused the DPS loss. BUt can soeone explain to me why my pet wasnt using his sweeping claw during transformation, and its cleary visible that ability was enabled to auto cast.

Abom's ability to spread wounds with IC, in a 360 degree area is what makes him a DPS increase. Alone he does do more dmg than ghoul, but thats secondary to the wounds.

Um... no. This isn't how the sludge belcher works.

Read the talents again. It says "Raise Dead now summons an abomination instead of a ghoul, with improved innate abilities."

This means the attacks do the same damage, however, they are more versatile for certain situations. It is NOT a DPS gain. The belcher does wider attacks, therefore making it appear as it does more damage, which is false.

- - - Updated - - -

yes the abomination does more damage, just read your ghoul abilities, and then read the abom abilities
    Um... no. This isn't how the sludge belcher works.

Read the talents again. It says "Raise Dead now summons an abomination instead of a ghoul, with improved innate abilities."

This means the attacks do the same damage, however, they are more versatile for certain situations. It is NOT a DPS gain. The belcher does wider attacks, therefore making it appear as it does more damage, which is false.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Abom's ability to spread wounds with IC, in a 360 degree area is what makes him a DPS increase. Alone he does do more dmg than ghoul, but thats secondary to the wounds.
    Abom and Ghoul do the EXACT same damage, only difference damage wise is the Abom has 10yard AoE vs ghoul 8yard cone when under DT.

7+ Year Old Account
    The abomination's Dark Transformation drops AoE on the ground. I know on AoE trash mobs the DPS from the poison cloud is significant but I am unsure if it is also significant on single target... ?

This is probably an idiot question, but does dark transformation make the ghoul's stun into an AOE stun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    The abomination's Dark Transformation drops AoE on the ground. I know on AoE trash mobs the DPS from the poison cloud is significant but I am unsure if it is also significant on single target... ?
    I think single target it would be the exact same, but the abomination shines on trash.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight