Poll: Do you care about cheevos?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How much do you care about achievements?

So yeah, how much do you guys care?

(WotLK introduced them and it's coincidentally considered by many fans to be the best expansion.. hmm...)

10+ Year Old Account
    About as much as I care about you using a yellow font that is practically unreadable on mmo-c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    About as much as I care about you using a yellow font that is practically unreadable on mmo-c.
    Pro tip whisper: Try highlighting the text - it's yellow for a reason :O

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great satisfaction to complete them, any WoW account without all achievements completed is forever incomplete and not delivering the right amount of pleasure !

That said, they were not mandatory for a good and long game, it's just "an addition".

Also I think the more collectible like that they add, the less people care, the worse it is for the game.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-10-17 at 10:46 AM.

I'm actually somewhere between option 2 and 3. I've definitely commited serious time to some achievements, but it's not something I regularly do. I don't enjoy PvP too much, so I won't torture myself through it just to get those achievements for example.

After the story/lore, the collection aspect to WoW, that being achievements, pets and mounts (edit: and I guess transmog now too), is probably my biggest drive to even play.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    People are having a thing for transmog(thank god I don't have to use my time on that).

Instead, i'm addicted to achievements. Mainly why I log on. The satisfaction of getting one step closer to Loremaster or doing all the annoying Ulduar achievements. Mmmh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to get as many as possible, but achievements alone are no reason for me to keep playing. I still have some easy one I could do, like finishing some of the revamped Cata zone questlines, but I had no interest in doing them so far. On the other hand, I do work on things like "Doing each fishing World Quest once."

In wrath and cata I cared a lot about them then it sorta tapered off each xpac until it got to wod where I didnt care at all

I'm at 20k now. I love them they give me things to do every day.

I don't touch achievements unless they actually give a reward. Unfortunately, many of them don't.

Only the (very rare) ones that need some actual skills to get.

Deleted
    I don't care much for the most of them.
    However, some of them are a nice addition to the game, especially raid/dungeon achievements are a nice addition, and something worth trying if you outgeared those.

I like getting them, but I kind of wish my score was worth something more than nerd points.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Cheevos is a stupid as hell term.

But that aside, I like them well enough. They're fun, if I'm doing something with friends it's a thing we can try for or if there are solo achievements I'll often try to grab them for shits and giggles, but I don't really go out of my way for them. The system however is amazing as it allows things like Glory of the Hero/Raider to exist, and collection-based achievements.

Sometimes seek them, sometimes don't.
    Depends how I feel.
    They don't dictate my play.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Acheives/old content are the only reason i log in. Im already sick of legions world questing and especially suramar. When subs begin to tank and they give us the rest of the pathfinder achieve and allow us to fly in BS, my interest in the zone will be renewed.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-10-17 at 12:57 PM.

I dont mind them beeing there in game, i dont like most of ppl who are crazy about them tho. When u try to run fast random hc and some dudes join in sami pug for hc just to do some archivs. Or all those archivs u get for stuff that everyone have to do anyway like whats the point?

Nice addition, don't need them for everything. There was one for Tehd and Marius' Adventure, which was cool... unless I checked zone "rare" list and noticed a Tehd and Marius item... and then another in another zone. So it's like, you have 12 or so missions/rares whatever with them, but only like 4 needed for the achievement, so that seemed stupid and pointless. Sometimes, i'll go out of my way, if something is brought to my attention and I'm close to it.

Previous expansions with guildies, we'd go for things. Like a nice Saturday afternoon of going through heroics to get the glory of the dungeon thingy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    I like getting them, but I kind of wish my score was worth something more than nerd points.
    Pop a groovy achievement, no guildies online... /sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

When they were introduced, I didn't give a shit about them. Then one of my RL friends got back to playing and obsessed over them (namely the Long Strange Trip It's Been meta), and that pretty much fed the need to get as many as possible, which I did for the latter half of Wrath up through MoP. Then along came WoD and my desire to play WoW was eviserated. Armory still shows me just over 20k, which is still more than some of my friends who have played the game just as long (it's always fun to poke fun at them about that when we meet irl).

Other games I haven't been near as aggressive in getting achievements. GW2 I worked on them for a while, but I haven't played that game in about a year (think I have 8300 or 8400 there, which is chump change). FF14 I have 5.2k-ish, which is pretty meh as well.

Obsessing over achievements was fun for a while, but got boring and said boredom with the concept follows me to any other games I play.

A way to stand out, usually those who have 20-25k points are also the once who actually played the full game.

When Im /sigh in random 5 man group for say time-walk usually the shit-players are those at 5-10k or less anyway. So again high achievements is a quality sticker for me.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO