Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Wait...so you only enjoyed the game, when one practically fell in your lap? I mean...gosh...those things never felt legendary. It was a participation trophy...congratz....you were the kid that was always picked last in Basketball weren't you?
    Well, one, no. And two, with your attempts to insult me aside (which were infantile at best), it didn't require any more or less effort in the grand scheme of things than many of the other legendaries prior to it. From Shadowmourne to Atiesh to the Firelands staff and the Ulduar mace or the Dragon Soul daggers or even the ring (which I did not get because I quit WoW before the release of the final raid)...the majority of legendaries in the game had a requirement of participating in raid content and completing some form of solo or small group content mixed in. I don't see that as "falling into your lap". If you do, and somehow think that some greater amounts of skill went into getting Thunderfury, Warglaives, the Sunwell bow, or the new legendaries (which don't even require you to even do raids to obtain, it should be added)...I'd have to wonder where you got your definition of the word "effort" from.

Also, as a side note, my statement said that I was not in line for one until the cape, which I did and enjoyed. It did not state anywhere that I did not enjoy my time in the game prior to Mists. I did, and that was without a legendary. I commented on the system. Had my raiding situation not had to change at the beginning of Ulduar, I probably would have been the first one in line for the mace. And I would have enjoyed that, as well. But currently it's just a case of "hey, that guy got lucky"...no skill required, no effort, just hey show up and maybe one will fall into your lap somehow! THAT is a participation trophy.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    For me personally?

I got 3.

All mediorce/trash. 1 has a bonus, the other one has a bonus. Effective throughput bonuses? None. One cooldown is considerably shorter and another grants few abilities a minor heal. One-time deal for somewhat miniscule amounts, basically disregardable.

There's only 1(2) good ones for my class and spec, that I am figuratively still fishing for.

This system can royally .l.. off.

Based on pure chance...

Great incentive to addict people into playing the game longer though. It succeeded in that field.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    And if someone beats you in anything by just having two legendaries, you just plain suck. Stop exaggerating.
    rng is rng and what not. im not expecting to get a legendary any time soon, but this line right here....

if someone has ONE good legendary, their dps can go up 40-60k depending on the class. if they have their TWO best legendaries against someone that has none? if THEY cant beat your dps, THEY just suck. you got that a bit backwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Well, I agree with you, but they have a different opinion so until they see that RNG does not really make people sub for longer, they won't believe it.
    Haha, they should have asked me at the end of Vanilla when I still didn't have chromaggus shoulders I remember back then telling my guildies on vent that there should be a system in place that after certain amount of kills you can just get the loot you need... so currency or sth.

For now we can discuss all we want, but this legendary system needs a fix. They can't revert it ofc but some damage control will be needed soon cause frustration is reaching high levels (and not even speaking about me - I'm a strange animal that will always find a reason to play WoW cause I can make my own goals noone else understands ^^ )

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    So basically, everyone who tells people to stop crying about the system being unfair asks them to stop being human... or stop caring about their character progression all together but that's another ridiculous notion to expect people to change what motivates them to play the game.
    It's not that people are saying "stop crying" just to be assholes. It's being said to the people who say they're going to "unsub because it's NOT FAIR." It's shit like this that makes WoW suck, because Blizzard loves to cater to the casual schmuck. Getting RARE gear should be an exciting and few and far between kind of thing. If everyone has legendaries, no one has them. It's just another piece of gear at that point (which is the way it's going).

Yeah, it's like saying: "If anyone beats you in anything by having a higher ilvl, you just plain suck". There are situations where that is true (I.e., their stat priorities are messed up, they're worse at the game overall). There are also situations where that is really hilariously not true (you two are about equal in skill level).

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    So? It dosn't fucking matter. No content is tuned for legendaries and if your guild is benching you in favor of another pala then your guild has severe trust issues. You have over 3 months to get a legendary and they're getting plastered left and right now due to the bad luck.
    Who the ef are you to say it doesn't matter? it matters for plenty of people. end of story. Far more people play for big numbers, than actually clearing content.

It's worse than the horrible design itself, the fanbois that actually defend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I know blizzard joked about it, but they really should have implemented good luck protection.

Seeing casuals with 3+ legendaries completely ruins the idea of legendaries being fun and exciting when they drop for you.
    There should be a vendor with clocks next to each Legendary that tracks your time played. As you play more each Legendary will open on the vendor.
    Each item should cost 1,000,000 gold so filthy casuals can not afford them.

Thanks for being one of the "Hardcore"

Quote Originally Posted by Doebino View Post
    It's not that people are saying "stop crying" just to be assholes. It's being said to the people who say they're going to "unsub because it's NOT FAIR."
    No, they are indeed just being assholes. There's no reason to stoop to such a low level at any point. If you are using personal attacks to prove a point constantly, it means you're looking at the world through a lens where those who agree with you are cool and those who disagree with you are losers. I think that's about as an asshole as it gets.

It's being said at the very least to me and some other people in this very thread who have never mentioned unsubbing. The legendary issue doesn't even really affect me, I just recognize it for an unfair system that it is, but people can't even look at that word clearly.
    It's shit like this that makes WoW suck, because Blizzard loves to cater to the casual schmuck.
    Actually, random high power drops benefit casuals a lot more than they benefit the hardcore.

These are not that kind of rare. If they were truly rare, nobody would have one, but right now, a chunk of the population has them, a chunk doesn't, and it's not based on anything whatsoever but luck. They do feel like just another piece of gear that everyone has to have due to the fact that they are not, in fact, sufficiently rare.

Some hidden appearances are more rare than these "legendaries".

Deleted
    Retarded system this legendary welfare lewt

Quote Originally Posted by Shuedo View Post
    No, they are indeed just being assholes. There's no reason to stoop to such a low level at any point. If you are using personal attacks to prove a point constantly, it means you're looking at the world through a lens where those who agree with you are cool and those who disagree with you are losers. I think that's about as an asshole as it gets.

It's being said at the very least to me and some other people in this very thread who have never mentioned unsubbing. The legendary issue doesn't even really affect me, I just recognize it for an unfair system that it is, but people can't even look at that word clearly.
    Actually, random high power drops benefit casuals a lot more than they benefit the hardcore.

These are not that kind of rare. If they were truly rare, nobody would have one, but right now, a chunk of the population has them, a chunk doesn't, and it's not based on anything whatsoever but luck. They do feel like just another piece of gear that everyone has to have due to the fact that they are not, in fact, sufficiently rare.

Some hidden appearances are more rare than these "legendaries".
    thank god for some common sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Who the ef are you to say it doesn't matter? it matters for plenty of people. end of story. Far more people play for big numbers, than actually clearing content.

It's worse than the horrible design itself, the fanbois that actually defend it.
    Yeah no, sounds like a case of git gud to me

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not that people are saying "stop crying" just to be assholes.
    Except they are because they don't try understand why people "cry" and there are some valid issues with the system.

It's being said to the people who say they're going to "unsub because it's NOT FAIR."
    "unsub because <reason x>" is childish in any case. But most people who discuss the topic aren't saying anything about unsubing. And those who do should stop cause they are hurting their own cause. But hey, not everyone knows how to discuss.

It's shit like this that makes WoW suck, because Blizzard loves to cater to the casual schmuck.
    The thing is this system was implemented for casuals. Hardcore people already felt rewarded.

Getting RARE gear should be an exciting and few and far between kind of thing. If everyone has legendaries, no one has them. It's just another piece of gear at that point (which is the way it's going).
    Then they should not implement legendaries at all. Power in a power based game should not be hard to obtain. Gear is a tool. Rewards should be prestige things but not power things. This is a design issue. There are so many possible forms for prestige rewards like: mounts, transmogs, titles, toys, etc. They can be as shiny as possible. And they can be rare.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    For me personally?

I got 3.

All mediorce/trash. 1 has a bonus, the other one has a bonus. Effective throughput bonuses? None. One cooldown is considerably shorter and another grants few abilities a minor heal. One-time deal for somewhat miniscule amounts, basically disregardable.

There's only 1(2) good ones for my class and spec, that I am figuratively still fishing for.

This system can royally .l.. off.

Based on pure chance...

Great incentive to addict people into playing the game longer though. It succeeded in that field.
    We'll see how long even that lasts, I am slowly giving up after doing 50~ M+2-4 and 30~ M+5-9, every week full clear EN hc and norm, still haven't raided mythic sadly yet so after I try that and if I don't get anything useful its a bye bye from me, gonna play some less rng game as this is so much rng that it's not even fun to play anymore, 10 years here and still they make horrible mistakes like this just because one Ion said so, guy plays 30-60 mins/day to get emissary chest and thats it. I introduce to you blizzard team that "plays" the game and based on that team they implement changes.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    I will stop wasting my time on this game if I don't get a legendary by the end of this subscription period (ends Nov 15th).

If thats the case, thank you Blizzard for ending my passion and hype for this expansion so quickly.
    Do it! I did it and have no regrets. F*ck this game of RNG-based rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Yeah no, sounds like a case of git gud to me
    you are apparently trolling.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    RNG is RNG, everyone has the same chance as everyone else to get a legendary. Just because you don't feel that it is fair doesn't mean that it isn't fair.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Sot4 View Post
    I laughed so much when Ion the director game designer said: "...for example you have warlock pants, and the guilds will want YOU because of that because you bring such great mobility in certain situations".
    Ion, my guild doesn't want my pants, they want me to summon them and give them healthstones, and do dps, I got pants around 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for you to explain when will my guild start wanting my super pro pants. God I'm pissed.
    Getting legendary is nice sure, but getting bad one after grinding and grinding and grinding is just big - for this game, people will give up eventually.
    He even mentioned for m+ and mythic raids u want to bring the player not the class, I am less and less convinced that he actually plays this game, as I heard him also saying "Yeah I am one of the people that don't have legendary, every day I log on and do the emissary quest and hope to get a legendary from chest", I'm like, hello bro there are people that are doing 10+ m+ dungs/day, raid normal/hc and mythic EN just for the legendary you implemented. Why? Because progression is easier with them, guild will easily bench you if you don't pull your weight, it is extremely easy not to pull your own weight if player of the same class as yours just have bis legendaries...while u have...pants... that... give... u... INSTANT GATEWAY OMG GZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can even use it twice, so useful my guild must want me now I can aimlessly use gateway twice and ignore dps-ing! Honestly I think they are either trolling or totally oblivious, or just don't care, Ion said and it will be that way, change your game director soon pls.
    People have every right to be pissed off about legendaries, it earns them spots in raids and improves performance, things should be fixed sooner better than later when ppl will just quit the grind, I heard Ion saying its not a grind its just rng. Stop lying, it is a grind, if you introduce something to a game and say ok this will most likely drop from higher difficulaties like m+ dungs, mythic raids, but will also drop from lower ones, then u MUST EXPECT PEOPLE TO GRIND IT !!!
    I just wish they removed legendaries now after they implemented them, they are utter garbage.
    Ignore DPSing? Mobility is one of the biggest issues for warlock. An instant cast 40 yard teleport for your entire raid is pretty good.

Yeah I am defintely offended. I finally get a legendary and I got the shit neck. I got a 895 neck piece that isn't even an upgrade stat-wise because there is no primary stat on jewelry. It's the worst out of all 8 legendaries I could have got. Call me "entitled" all you want but you are a giant moron if you think this system is any type of fair. This caused me to unsub. All because I get an unlucky legendary drop, I now have a severe disadvantage over somebody else who may have got a BiS legendary.

If RNGesus hates you, you might as well quit now and save the trouble. I got to the point where it was actually annoying logging in cause I would have to look at that piece of shit legendary every time. I will resub when they make improvements to this retarded system.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuedo View Post
    It is crying though, WoW is infamous for that. No matter what Blizzard does, a section of the population will complain about this or that, because I didn't get my legendary, or why do I have to raid, or why do I have to PvP? It's just complaining and crying because you don't get what you want, the way you want it.

Randomness is thing in itself, that will always bring about discontent from people, jealousy of others, and everything else. You heard the same complains with Draenor, Pandaria, Cata, and Wrath systems as well...people not wanting to "HAVE" to raid, or do other things. Heck the Pandaria cape required you to win Battlegrounds even and the forums were flooded with people yelling about having to PvP.

Honestly, this is the best system so far. Just randomly drop it, if you get cool, if not oh well. Heck, with my gear the way it is now, if I don't get either of my 2 BIS legendaries, I can't even use the other 6 so it's whatever imo.

This is the same complaining and crying just like Balance of Power quest line, Flying, and everything else all because some group of population don't get the game in the cookie cutter way they want it.