Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is no possible solution, its a group you agreed to join and people you agreed to play with. Imagine joining a team of 4 other ppl who just want to troll, you should have the right to leave.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    So what? At least then if people leave they have the option to reform it with decent players and aren't completely fucked.
    Good luck with that. What will happen is no one will be able to complete a single run for a long time because someone will be leaving after a single mistake to save their keystone to try to form a new group with "decent players", then one of those decent players leaves after a single mistake to form their own group of decent players and then...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Maybe a notice that an individual you're inviting has left during a keystone run with however many minutes remaining? Kind of like when you would be in some morons raid who said it was a fresh run and you'd zone in to find 6 bosses were killed(pre WoD)

Have a weekly debuff that allows players to see how many times you have left each week so they can choose to bring you along at their own risk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It might help 1 person in a group of 5 it is much eorse for the other people never mind the fact you now have to spend time running it all over again. Now if you have an endless amount of time great, but if you are a normal person with things to do you can't keep chaining off near misses. Say Halls of Valor, spend 45 minutes in ther and just miss the timer, nobody is going to run that again and hope for loot this time.
    You fail, you don't get any loot.

That seems like a pretty simple concept.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Maybe a notice that an individual you're inviting has left during a keystone run with however many minutes remaining? Kind of like when you would be in some morons raid who said it was a fresh run and you'd zone in to find 6 bosses were killed(pre WoD)
    That's creepy. The system doesn't know the reasons for leaving and a note like that implies the worse or rather players will infer the worse from it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Ban them from all instanced content for 2 days and double it each time they have an infraction after that.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It's really simple, give everyone who leaves mid-run a "leaver's mark", currency-type that only gets reduced by completing runs. And add this as a check-value the same way as min-ilvl in the LFG tool. Gives leaders a really easy way to know what kind of player they are about to invite.
    That is a really good idea. I approve.

the problem is: mythic+ is the wow version of G-RIft from diablo were you can enter with a 4 man team and finish it as a single player without any problem due to mob scaling, but wow is different first you still have the tank and healer that diablo don't and then you had all sort of lockout to prevent hard farming, that diablo don't have.

The fix is to make the key like it is in diablo farmable without restriction and remove the lockout so if someone leave no one gonna care, alternatively they should bind this system to guilds run making the key binding to the guild and requiring a minimum guild rep to use and enter (to prevent peoples hopping guilds or run selling).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Seems like most of the issues come from trollish random players who fear no repercussions due to anonymity to those they're playing with. They'll likely never encounter those players again.

Perhaps the problem would be better solved not with some punishing mechanics for randoms leaving groups, but rather, maybe some improvements/enhancements to the Battle.net friends list? To make it more of an incentive to not only add people you have good experiences with, but also encourage seeking them out for future runs. Maybe add more info to each person online, such as a list of things they'd want to group for if given the opportunity like raids, mythic+, reg mythic, pvp, etc...

I know I almost always try to add good players I encounter to my bnet friends and seek them out for future runs. But the UI for the friends list seems a little limited and has room for improvement.

Beats out trying to get the entire anonymous community to treat each other like humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Apply " instantly breaks your armor and applies a Coward Sickness" to the person that kicked the keyholder aswell. Then its a good idea.
    Or how about popup text when you hover over their invite? Has kicked x number of people, or Has left x number of mythics?

Then system can stay the same but leader will be able to see who has a history of it vs who will stick it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Seems like most of the issues come from trollish random players who fear no repercussions due to anonymity to those they're playing with. They'll likely never encounter those players again.
    Adding onto that, what i suggested would take away a small portion of the anonyminity, if they also add in a completed mythic vs attempted mythic, can see whos new or not as well
    Last edited by Christan; 2016-10-17 at 06:23 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    What is wrong with that? If anything it makes mythic + much more enjoyable, stress free and adds more longevity to it. The current system does the same thing but with no loot attached to it if you miss the one shot you have to make the timer.
    You still get loot.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You still get loot.
    not for the party trying to energize it back up. Which I doubt is going to be the same group that missed it the first time

10+ Year Old Account
    Lock someone out of the Mythic for the week if they leave on their own accord. After so many wipes depending on the + level, then a player can leave without the penalty.

I just don't pug, so this problem never happens.

If you don't want to deal with the crap that goes on, there's other solutions that you can do instead of waiting for Blizzard to fix it (if they fix it).

I think something should be done, had a simple conversation with a warlock the other day who complained because our mage was playing frost (who cares) and left over it because he wasn't playing his optimal spec >>

There should definitely be something in place to protect pugs, for guildies/friends runs obviously this isn't an issue.

Personally, I think the best solution has nothing to do with punishing the leavers (because as we've already shown in this thread, there's no good way to do it).

I think the best solution comes afterwards, when the key is already depleted. There needs to be greater incentive and rewards for people who help to reenergize a player's depleted key.

So my solution is this: If you have a depleted key, and get four people to help you run the dungeon, and end up completing it within the timer, then those four people should get 3 or 4 Artifact Power tokens. No gear will drop, same as now. You (the person whose key it is) don't get any artifact power tokens, same as now, because you already got a reward - a reenergized key.

This will encourage people to be more willing to help those with depleted keys. It will especially be an incentive for people who don't need the gear, and only need artifact power, to help out those with lesser gear and a depleted keystone.

The only caveat is the math on how many artifact power tokens you get and how much artifact power each rewards needs to be worked out so that it's not more "artifact power efficient" to run a dungeon, miss the timer intentionally, and then run it again to reenergize the keystone.

I think this solution works decently well because the reason the problem sucks in the first place is you're leaving someone with a worthless depleted keystone. If you made that depleted keystone not as worthless, then the problem of leavers wouldn't be anywhere near as bad. Will there still be leavers? Yeah, but I don't think there's a good way to prevent it. At least this way, the consequences are much more fair for whoever's keystone it is.
    Last edited by Ham on Rye; 2016-10-17 at 06:46 PM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if the group legitimately just sucks? I don't see a good reason to be punished because we as a group were failing hard.

I just like, bring people I know and trust.
    If I don't have enough people on? We wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    The solution is hard because Developers have a very specific idea for how mythic keystones work, and every solution that I've seen offered moves away from that idea slightly or allows exploits. It's very hard to make a set of binary rules for how to deal with complex social situations; you may unjustly punish someone, or fail to punish someone who figured out the work around and goes about trolling all day. Human moderation can be better, but can also easily have slants and bias, on top of being costly.

From what I can gather, the developers want mythic keystones to reward loot for completion, regardless of how long it takes. Handily beating the timer allows for additional loot and skips the next step or two in the mythic keystone progression. Failing a keystone, however, is meant to be punishing. It generally is meant to lock you out of keystones for a week, but if you can find an inspired group who's interested in pushing high levels, they may be inclined to replenish your keystone. (My group of 5 sometimes replenish an earlier failed keystone because all the others are too high level to be worthwhile).

In order to punish players for leaving, or to remove the penalty for leavers, the system needs to have a different goal; right now it achieves exactly what it was meant to. Unfortunately this allows for griefers to drop the group and cause the keystone to fail, but that is part of the inherent risk of keystone dungeons, and it's something everyone is aware of (or should be aware of).

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

All you have to do is give the key holder a way to cancel the instance and keep their keystone on a lock out. By that, I mean that if the keystone holder has someone leave their group and they are unable to finish, they can hit a button and the instance cancels and the keystone goes on a 8 hour cooldown. This punishes people who try to abuse resetting keystones when they miss +2 or +3. It punishes, a little, the people trying to actually complete it, but not screwing them over fully. This stops the ability of a group to kick out the keystone person and replace with friends.

Then, for the leaver, put in an hour long debuff for leaving that prevents any queueing at all. Each subsequent time you leave the debuff time doubles. 1 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours etc etc. This shouldn't punish too badly people who actually have to leave for real reasons as that shouldn't be something that happens too often. The debuff could be disabled once the timer in M+ runs out so that someone isn't locked in to the instance forever with griefers.

There, problem solved.

As others posted before, this is the correct solution:
    Get Rid of Depleted Stones.

Only Loot and Upgrade when you complete it in time.
    When you don't beat it in time, nothing happens: No loot, No Upgrade.

Kinda feels stupid to beat that 1x in 3 hours anyways.