Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Straight back orcs - what happened?

Like really, they spoke about it being an option. The movie is out and like everything, but there is still no option for straight back. Why Blizzard is so lazy that they won't allow it, simple toggle option? I don't get it, other mmos get many different features everytime, but WoW's customization is still in 90'. Sometimes I think it might be because of how many people are defensive bout WoW and praise Blizz for everything, there is not enough voice in the crowd, I don't know. I'm not maining orc or anything, butI was rewatching movie today and I thought: whyyyy. They look heroic standing straight, prideful and strong. And in game they well, you know.

option, optional thing, why is it not theree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there's no reason for them to put it in.

Orcs are hard working, that's why they don't have straight backs.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like the hunch play a belf or goblin or something.

Deleted
    cause they got lazy making orcs originally and too afraid to give them straight backs. people might like or gotten used to hunch back orcs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Because there's no reason for them to put it in.
    Sure there is, Orcs do stand up, it's just WoW is unique in this time orcs are hunched back when really they aren't supposed to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    They are carring the sin of drinking deamon blood.

Deleted
    Blizzard are worried not enough people will play bloodelf if they straighten orcs' backs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because orcs getting something unique would result in uproar obviously. It would have to be part of a sub-race/cosmetics feature and that requires massive amounts of new art for all races. Art is expensive, that's why this is not a thing.

Their stomach hurt ever since they drank mannoroths blood.
    "You were surrendering? Why? Because these invaders can break down a wall? You have got another wall... and it's made up of the people who call this place HOME. Any one of us would lay down our life to protect this land. This land, it belongs to us... It belongs to our ancestors... It belongs to our children. And we are not about to let that change."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    option, optional thing, why is it not theree?
    I think the art team had to focus a lot of efforts into Artifacts and that basically became their "one big art project" this expansion.

Most likely upright orcs will come as part of a larger art project involving character customization, like subraces. They're not going to change all of the existing models and I don't think they're going to give just a single race the option to use a different animation rig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because it would be unfair to do that to them but not to other races, and he prob wants to bundle all the different sub-races in one single expansion. For example, i do no think that we will have a new race next espansion, but sub races. Alas, that is wishful thinking.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Because orcs getting something unique would result in uproar obviously. It would have to be part of a sub-race/cosmetics feature and that requires massive amounts of new art for all races. Art is expensive, that's why this is not a thing.
    ^ 100% it'd make a lot of people angry and thus require blizz to make something similar for all other races which yes would be expensive but it would also be very time consuming.
    So would you rather have more content or some on/off switch on all races? i'd choose the first option any time of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz said during WoD beta they would like to make it an option but nothing has been said since.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Probably because it would be unfair to do that to them but not to other races, and he prob wants to bundle all the different sub-races in one single expansion. For example, i do no think that we will have a new race next espansion, but sub races. Alas, that is wishful thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vims View Post
    ^ 100% it'd make a lot of people angry and thus require blizz to make something similar for all other races which yes would be expensive but it would also be very time consuming.
    So would you rather have more content or some on/off switch on all races? i'd choose the first option any time of the week.
    there is no uproar that goblins and worgen use old tech models, because yes, they have been made with old stuff in mind, yet I don't see screams.

reallly, straight back is not something large. but I see people are finding excuses for blizzard, so yeah, what I said, legit defense team.

You can have a variation to your race as soon as they update goblin and worgen models. It'd be nice to have facial animations like every other race and not have 2d alpha'd eyelids

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    You can have a variation to your race as soon as they update goblin and worgen models. It'd be nice to have facial animations like every other race and not have 2d alpha'd eyelids
    I fuly agree, but let's be honest, straightening orcs back is far easier than updating models for these races. but of course they should have get their fixed long time ago, at the beginning of legion.

it is just orcs are so iconically straight standing. I just thought while reading some post on official forum:

how would you feel if you were to visit cinema, watch warcraft movie, get a starter copy of it, install thinking I DURATAN AXXE YOUU, and then you realize that your orc is broken, you try to make another character, check settings, different options in character creation and finally you are stuck with peon. and no, I don't mean that hunched back is wrong, it gives a sense of savagery and such, but optional straight back is a long looong missed feature option

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I think the art team had to focus a lot of efforts into Artifacts and that basically became their "one big art project" this expansion.

Most likely upright orcs will come as part of a larger art project involving character customization, like subraces. They're not going to change all of the existing models and I don't think they're going to give just a single race the option to use a different animation rig.
    I think this is probably the right answer. And I assume we'll see subraces sooner rather than later as I don't foresee the addition of "new" races going forward. I sense more subraces and class/race combos showing up rather than new races. But I could easily be totally wrong.

Thralls had like 3 model updates outside the original, Cata he was still hunchback and then in MoP and WoD he had the straight back. Time to get with the times, its long past due..

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    ...They look heroic standing straight, prideful and strong...
    Yet orcs are none of those things. They are invaders that brought death and corruption with them. However, that corruption consumed them because they were too weak to fight it off themselves... so they had to be subjugated for their own good.

Orcs are a broken people and their posture supports that.