Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As someone who enjoys Mythic+ and did not enjoy Challenge Modes in previous expansions, I hope they don't add a reset option. I enjoy being able to complete the dungeon outside of the timer and get loot even if it costs a depleted key. I have had bad pugs, but I have not had any leave or stop playing so I guess that is fortunate. We did get a mage once who did around 20k dps on trash but did ok on bosses, but you can't really prevent that if you are in the unfortunate situation of having to pug. It doesn't really seem viable for me to leave my guild to find one who has more people willing to run mythic+ given the short notice that is my healer friend's schedule. I mean it'd be great to be able to log on and have people available to fill dps or tank slots in our group at all times but with a casual guild that raids 2-3 nights a week it can be difficult for people to commit the time to just always be on from 8-10 pm hoping a group starts up.

if KEYHOLDER LEAVES, keyholder can no longer receive loot from said key until it upgrades
    if ANY PLAYER HAS RECEIVED LOOT FROM A KEY, they can no longer receive loot until said key upgrades
    if NON KEYHOLDER LEAVES, the keyholder may reform group if they do NOT decide to finish the instance, also, the NON KEYHOLDING PLAYER, who willingly left, is banished from said key's instance, until it upgrades to a different key.
    FAILING TO UPGRADE A KEYSTONE 3 TIMES (WITH DIFFERENT GROUP COMPS) RESULTS IN SAID KEYSTONE BEING DOWNGRADED TO A +2 PERMAMENTLY. (to prevent people from selling/abusing +10 and letting timer expire right before final boss to avoid key upgrade)

They should separate M+ dungeons from the LFG tool and give it it's own tool. Let people who are forced to pug come together and form static 5 man groups with the option to do standard M dungeons with a timer as a trial. If everything meshes and everyone gets along, one click adds everyone to friends so you can run together when you please. The problem with the current system doesn't stem from not being able to penalize people who leave, but from the fact that doing timed, challenging content with a bunch of randos from LFG is a crap shoot. Personally I've yet to run a M+ outside of a guild group, and I don't plan on it in the near future, but If there was a way for me to find a group of 4 skilled and dedicated strangers to run with consistently, I totally would as I'm working nights ATM so I can only run with guild on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    if KEYHOLDER LEAVES, keyholder can no longer receive loot from said key until it upgrades
    if ANY PLAYER HAS RECEIVED LOOT FROM A KEY, they can no longer receive loot until said key upgrades
    if NON KEYHOLDER LEAVES, the keyholder may reform group if they do NOT decide to finish the instance, also, the NON KEYHOLDING PLAYER, who willingly left, is banished from said key's instance, until it upgrades to a different key.
    FAILING TO UPGRADE A KEYSTONE 3 TIMES (WITH DIFFERENT GROUP COMPS) RESULTS IN SAID KEYSTONE BEING DOWNGRADED TO A +2 PERMAMENTLY. (to prevent people from selling/abusing +10 and letting timer expire right before final boss to avoid key upgrade)
    Haha, yeah, good luck with that.

I actually like the idea of getting rid of depleted keystones altogether. You either finish within the timer or you don't get loot at all. The timer is already at the point where you can wipe a few times and still make it as long as you're not treating it like a miserable slog through content you obviously aren't prepared to handle. That leaves the two- and three-chest timers as nice bonuses without being overwhelmingly important, without leaving open the option for these three hour wipefests that some people seem willing to inflict on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    This has to be a joke? Like this has to be some kind of joke the developers of a million dollar company really can't be this stupid to not have an idea on how to punish players for leaving M+ dungeon groups???
    I doubt they strictly don't have an idea.

btw, you all guys seems to be very smart and came up with a lot of awesome ideas. why not developing a game? or a phone APP to win money and then develop a game? you know it all.

If someone leaves a Mythic + while the timer is still above the +2 mark (~5-6 mins for most?), have a popup to the person who used the keystone:
    "Would you like to teleport your group outside of the instance and reset your keystone? A 30 minute cooldown will be placed to your keystone."

for the person who left:
    "If you leave this group, you will be locked out of Keystones for this dungeon for 24 hours. Would you like to leave this group?"

If a group kicks someone from a Mythic +:
    "Doing this will forfeit any bonus loot chests using this keystone, and will cap any keystone upgrades to +1"

This has to be a joke? Like this has to be some kind of joke the developers of a million dollar company really can't be this stupid to not have an idea on how to punish players for leaving M+ dungeon groups???
    the joke is that humans can be this stupid. like thinking you know more than them in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by xazrael View Post
    If someone leaves a Mythic + while the timer is still above the +2 mark (~5-6 mins for most?), have a popup to the person who used the keystone:
    "Would you like to teleport your group outside of the instance and reset your keystone? A 30 minute cooldown will be placed to your keystone."

for the person who left:
    "If you leave this group, you will be locked out of Keystones for this dungeon for 24 hours. Would you like to leave this group?"

If a group kicks someone from a Mythic +:
    "Doing this will forfeit any bonus loot chests using this keystone, and will cap any keystone upgrades to +1"
    I have exactly 0% understanding of why anybody thinks it's a good idea to try to punish people who leave a group or kick somebody from a group. Haven't other people in this thread already explained in sufficient detail why that's a bad idea? Or is the thread already long enough that nobody is even reading it before they jump in with the same ideas?

They are saying well well if if if we let you kick people you will just invite your friends!..........These guys really cannot be this stupid to think the only alternative to people leaving is to add people in? They are thinking strictly on how to benefit the keyholder and the other individuals rather then to punish the person that actually left.

If you come up with a system so that people get punished severely for leaving WHILE THE TIMER IS ACTIVE then you will have A SIGNIFICANT drop in the amount of people leaving. Not the final solution no but definitely an appropriate medium-long term fix for a detrimental game mechanic.

EXAMPLE: If you leave a M+ dungeon while the timer is active you will get a debuff for double the amount of the time of the timer you left at. This debuff instantly breaks your armor and applies a Coward Sickness(exact same as resurection sickness) to you. Enjoy the 400g repair bill and not being able to play your toon for 20minutes-1hr

That whole Q&A shined light to me of how stupid these developers actually are, not even stupid but how ignorant to not only what the players need to be happy but what the game needs to prosper and be enjoyable long term.

/rant end
    Quite clear why you are not a designer. That may be the most idiotic thing I've seen. You should probably just not ever play this game again

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem is the depleted keystone more than anything else. If you have to abandon a run or miss the timer deplete the keystone but reactivate it with order resources or gold with progressively increasing costs.

Punishing people for leaving is stupid. They mat have a legitimate IRL reason for leaving or the group might be a bag of dicks. No reason for a person to face negative consequences for leaving in those scenarios.

And yet you were unable to come up with a viable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    So my solution is this: If you have a depleted key, and get four people to help you run the dungeon, and end up completing it within the timer, then those four people should get 3 or 4 Artifact Power tokens. No gear will drop, same as now. You (the person whose key it is) don't get any artifact power tokens, same as now, because you already got a reward - a reenergized key.
    This would be worse, it would just encourage key depletion so others get more rewards. Artifact Power will be worth way more than gear most probably won't need.

personal penalties don't belong in organized environments.

I've done literally hundreds of mythic+ runs and i've only had issues with people leaving maliciously ~2-3 times. I've never had issues with people leaving my mythic raids, either.

This would be worse, it would just encourage key depletion so others get more rewards. Artifact Power will be worth way more than gear most probably won't need.
    One of the main rewards for mythic+ spam is the legendary (& high warforge/socket) chance. A single legendary right now would give me a bigger DPS gain than 6 million artifact power would, not an exaggeration!

You really need to be able to leave these groups though. It works well as it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could do something like pause the timer if someone leaves or disconnects *once* you exit combat. The moment you enter combat it starts again. That could resolve the leaving issue and allow you to replace someone. If you remove someone from the group while they are online this pause won't trigger. Similar to vote kicking in LFR or Dungeons. Offline people are immediately kicked and it resets your votekick timer.

As far as kicking someone that's tricky. Aside from restoring the person's keystone if they were kicked there isn't a lot of wiggle room. That could be exploited by selling your keystone over and over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    If you reset before timer runs out, the keystone is not depleted. BAM, problem solved.
    There's no incentive to reset if you're close because you still get the loot. The time saved by resetting wouldn't be worth it since you can run it again with the depleted keystone and if you complete it, it becomes new again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Well idk for punishment about leaving but keyholders must be protected abit
    Its somehow looks stupid to be able to kick the keyholder
    Also key can not get depleted if the whole group leave the dungeon before chests are open but adding something like this will open a backdoor for exploiting the system

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    not for the party trying to energize it back up. Which I doubt is going to be the same group that missed it the first time
    You said you get no loot if you miss the timer. I'm just showing you where you're wrong.

Cancel the run without depleting it if someone leaves. I don't see an issue with this and hell you can't exploit it because you would have to start fresh anyway. Had a fucked keystone before because someone afk'd because they didn't like the fact the mage was arcane.