10+ Year Old Account

Restore Druid artifact scenario

I just did the rest of scenario... It was the first time, EVER, I healed anything, bar the odd heal I have thrown on myself..

How easy/hard was the Destromath fight to heal, for an experienced healer?
    5Man difficulty?
    Raid difficulty?
    Normal/Heroic/Mythic?

For me, it was the most difficult I have ever tried in-game. That includes earning my dragon in ICC as a tank with 0,8fps, when it was current content.

I wiped the group 6 times.. On the 7th attempt, I managed to complete it, but I died 4 (or 5??) times, but managed to run back and keep Hamuul alive..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2016-10-17 at 07:14 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I just did the rest of scenario... It was the first time, EVER, I healed anything, bar the odd heal I have thrown on myself..

How easy/hard was the Destromath fight to heal, for an experienced healer?
    5Man difficulty?
    Raid difficulty?
    Normal/Heroic/Mythic?

For me, it was the most difficult I have ever tried in-game. That includes earning my dragon in ICC as a tank with 0,8fps, when it was current content.

I wiped the group 6 times.. On the 7th attempt, I managed to complete it, but I died 4 (or 5??) times, but managed to run back and keep Hamuul alive..
    How was your gear? I healed it at 102 with like 750? ilvl. I had the 795 legendary ring and full mythic 2/2 HFC gear plus whatever erroneous upgrades I got while leveling.

For me it was a slight challenge - I hadn't healed as a druid since WotLK (granted I healed a bunch during this xpac, and the ideas aren't too different now). Once I realized I was expected to heal it, not dps, I don't think I died again.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

I healed it on launch, at level 100, with no legendary ring and ilvl of about 680 because I couldn't be arsed to do invasion stuff for gear that was going to get replaced anyway. Since I already knew my way around a resto druid, it was quite easy, definitely easier than heroic dungeons during the first days where PUGs had no idea what the tactics for the bosses were, and as a healer, you had to just suck it up and heal everything. I believe everybody who healed heroic/mythic raids had a very easy time with this scenario. Definitely more forgiving than tanks who don't know how/when to use their defensive CDs, or DPS who stand in the fire to maximize their deeps XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    How was your gear? I healed it at 102 with like 750? ilvl. I had the 795 legendary ring and full mythic 2/2 HFC gear plus whatever erroneous upgrades I got while leveling.

For me it was a slight challenge - I hadn't healed as a druid since WotLK (granted I healed a bunch during this xpac, and the ideas aren't too different now). Once I realized I was expected to heal it, not dps, I don't think I died again.
    I was level 110 (scenarios scales with level) and used my Moonkin gear (iLevel 852), except for the weapon, where I used the purple G'hanir (750) you get in the beginning. Total iLevel 830ish.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I was level 110 (scenarios scales with level) and used my Moonkin gear (iLevel 852), except for the weapon, where I used the purple G'hanir (750) you get in the beginning. Total iLevel 830ish.
    That's your problem. It scales ridiculously badly. At level 100, they're pretty tough, at level 102 they're a cakewalk. At 110 with decent gear they're practically impossible without pulling every trick in the book AND getting lucky.

I highly encourage everyone to do their alternate weapons quests at 102, or close to it, since you should be heading back to your class hall around then anyway to get your class hall quests rolling and follower recruitment going.

Deleted
    The scenario scaling works fine, people just don't realize how overgeared everyone is at the start of an expansion. If you played WoD at all you had at least 680 from the ultra casual content - but that's equivalent ilvl to mythic highmaul. Obviously, doing the scenario at level 100-102 where you're effectively first tier mythic geared, it's trivial. Once you're back to that ilvl equivalent for legion (880, mythic EN) it's just as trivial again.

So yea, if you're unfamiliar with a class it's better to do it at the start when you overgear it.

Must be a scaling thing. It was ridiculously easy at level 100. The only scenario that wasn't facerollable was the tanking one, and probably only because I did it as feral in cat form.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    The scenario scaling works fine, people just don't realize how overgeared everyone is at the start of an expansion.
    Not everyone leveled their old main, you know. I never did anything serious on my druid in WoD (though it was my main in MoP). I just didn't know what character I would want to play in legion and leveled a couple of them to 100. The gear I had was worse than the green level 100 quest rewards, and the first scenario was still really easy.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Must be a scaling thing. It was ridiculously easy at level 100. The only scenario that wasn't facerollable was the tanking one, and probably only because I did it as feral in cat form.
    I found both Cat and Bear scenario easy.. Did both at 110 as moonkin.. Never switched to Cat/Bear form in either scenario..

I did them all twice (got both alliance and horde druids). Did them as soon as I could, resto was 2nd and 3rd artifact though. So I must have been 102-103 when I did the scenario. One of my druids was a 100-boost, so had 640 gear with a few random quest upgrades.

I also did all my artifact scenarios in "correct" spec, just for the fun of it.

For an experienced healer it is pretty easy, even with lousy gear. I would rate it somewhat around proving grounds silver, as that is the only reference I can come to think of. It requires that you have basic understanding of your resto spells and a UI that will show healer-relevant information. If you are just used to watching a boss-arse and dps numbers flying I would imagine you are making it harder for yourself by not using the right abilities at the right times.
    One-shotted it both times, but the first time around I got pushed all the way to the ropes and only managed a narrow rescue.

Of all the scenarios I found the feral one with boost-gear the hardest. I boosted balance and had no feral weapon whatsoever, so did it knuckle-style. At around level 103 as I did it last of the 4 artifacts on that character. I did feral first on my WoD-geared druid, so there might have been a notable gear advantage and lvl100 scaling playing a factor there as well.

Overall I find the artifact scenarios pretty enjoyable. Enough that I will eventually be motivated to run my army of alts through them just for fun. A lot more entertaining than running them to a garrison and getting the same x quests done to unlock stuff.