Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    All the people who play on private servers, would be my first guess. But, then again, there were other attractions, which you snubbed .. the ones that retail no longer offers, etc.
    Vanilla does not offer me jack shit that I'd want back. Level grinding was boring and easier than in Everquest. The raid bosses have few mechanics to keep me engaged in the fight, most class 'rotations' are a single button or two. I wouldn't be "allowed" to play my favorite spec in a raid.

What does Legacy offer me that I can't get in retail? Sitting in trade for an hour trying to find a group? Woooo damn! People talking in party chat? I get that in Mythic+ dungeons. Mobs with interesting abilities to deal with? Oh wait that is just Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh hell no. I WANT them to mention Legacy and then say NO right after it.

You don't KNOW if the game will get worse without Legacy, that is just the narrative you are putting forth. I got plenty to look forward to, unlike you. We get a new patch in a week or two, a new mythic dungeon, new small raid and some other small things to tide us over until the new year in which we get another raid. The future is looking just fine for me.
    Keep pouring money into the cash-shop as well. Watch all those dollars go to other games in development. WoW in in end-of-life, currently - essentially without an influx of interest, it's on minimal budget. Keep hoping, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    In what way? Stop making this bullshit up. We get you and others want a legacy server, act like adults and accept it may not come out for a while.
    Because without Legacy Blizzard is DOOOOOMED or something. Hell most of these die hard Vanilla people are out of their mind with some of the delusional shit they come up with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    We don't wait for the buff. We are waiting for all our guildmates to gather before our guildmate who has got the head, pops the head and we get the buff.

This is what actually happened during Vanilla with decent raid guilds. You cleared Onyxia every week and thus got the head to pop every week prior to the raid (once).

No need to thank me for the lesson in Vanilla.
    Ah, the joys of vanilla, how I almost miss them.

Because without Legacy Blizzard is DOOOOOMED or something. Hell most of these die hard Vanilla people are out of their mind with some of the delusional shit they come up with.
    Read your own posts, and you might conclude the same about yourself

Keep pouring money into the cash-shop as well. Watch all those dollars go to other games in development. WoW in in end-of-life, currently - essentially without an influx of interest, it's on minimal budget. Keep hoping, though!
    Hey don't worry, I and my guildies that i'm going to meet with for our yearly Blizzcon viewing party will be ready to go to buy anything they announce this year if we like the sound of it, or we want CE pets or whatever reasons. If we like a company we support it. I've given Blizz plenty of money over the years to show my support for what they are doing and I get things I want for it. One of the many reasons they don't need subs to keep the game going if they have other things that can get money, be it products, in game pets/mounts, services and whatever else.

The difference between me and you though? I'm not playing on Private Servers and cursing Blizz as I don't give them money for playing their game. I am getting a game that I enjoy for a stupidly fair price each month. You? You get nothing. Have fun.

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly do you think is in the cash shop that people are "pouring money into"?
    *cough* No comment! I mean I'm a pet whore...

- - - Updated - - -

Read your own posts, and you might conclude the same about yourself
    Yeahhhh but I'm not the one waiting around hoping they release some 12 year old shit. I am getting the game I want to play. If I find myself unhappy with the game I'll do something else. You can't get over Blizz not catering to YOUR needs. I'm doing just fine

What exactly do you think is in the cash shop that people are "pouring money into"?
    I'm referring to added-value servies, cash-shop inclusive.

Would be fun to play a pristine vanilla, impossible to revive the old feelings but neat almost, but i would get some PTSD once i get to naxx and waste my life at 4horseman #feelsbad

Deleted
    I doubt normal people think very much about where the money goes and how it's spent when they purchase things from the cash-shop.
    At least I don't have a burning desire to research where my $20 went after I buy a bunch of pixels for my character - I'm just happy I got my mount/pet/transfer/name change/whatever. The money I use comes from my disposable income budget so I'm fine using it for cheap thrills without having to think consequences of getting "the best return value" out of it. It's entertainment, after all. I have other budgets and accounts for the serious stuff, like any normal person would.

I think some people (around here) are generally way too speculative and invested in how Blizzard spends and re-distributes their earnings. Sometimes I think MMOC is a some kind of strange investor-rumor forum! I've read my fair share of ATVI SEC filings when I've thought about investing and it's really not very easy to decipher what kind of money goes into WoW development specifically. And from investor standpoint, it doesn't really matter very much either. But in these forums I often find discussions about fairly fine grained financial analysis based on complete and pure guesses. It's strange.

Deleted
    Oh man! 100 people! Crazy! I mean it not like in my guild alone we have about 45-60 on raid nights with a mythic group going and others running M+ and other world content. Nope this one screen shot should be enough proof for blizz to make legacy servers!
    Who said anything about proof?

But if it's proof for legacy that you want I will give you that.

The current retail wow is a different game from what it was back in 2004-2008, there is nothing wrong with it, it's the best mmo on the market but it's targeted at a different crowd, that is why most players that want legacy servers do not enjoy retail.

Being two completely different games due to the design philosophy it's normal for current retail players to say the game was bad/unplayable back then, but the people that want legacy servers know how the game was and they like it that way, don't see the point in arguing with what people find entertaining or not because it comes down to personal preference and not everyone is the same/likes the same things.

- Blizzard will not change the current game in any way and blizzard will not force you to play on legacy servers.

- Legacy servers, if blizzard chooses to do so, will have an extra fee, that extra fee will not go to legacy servers development, but instead it will go to the development/ improvement of the current retail wow.

- Maintaining the server up for legacy will be a minimal cost because servers are really cheap now.

- Being able to play a game in its older version is something that blizzard has been doing since diablo2 expansion, giving the players the option to play a Classic character or and expansion character, so why not also do it on world of warcraf, some mmo's have done these "old school" servers, runescape and everquest and they are successful servers.

- Giving the players the option to go back and play an old games is good, for example you can always go back and play your old single player games that you have already beaten, but playing them again is still fun because you enjoy the game, Legacy servers are no different and as long as blizzard is profiting from them i see no reason no to make them available to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    Who said anything about proof?

But if it's proof for legacy that you want I will give you that.

The current retail wow is a different game from what it was back in 2004-2008, there is nothing wrong with it, it's the best mmo on the market but it's targeted at a different crowd, that is why most players that want legacy servers do not enjoy retail.

Being two completely different games due to the design philosophy it's normal for current retail players to say the game was bad/unplayable back then, but the people that want legacy servers know how the game was and they like it that way, don't see the point in arguing with what people find entertaining or not because it comes down to personal preference and not everyone is the same/likes the same things.

- Blizzard will not change the current game in any way and blizzard will not force you to play on legacy servers.

- Legacy servers, if blizzard chooses to do so, will have an extra fee, that extra fee will not go to legacy servers development, but instead it will go to the development/ improvement of the current retail wow.

- Maintaining the server up for legacy will be a minimal cost because servers are really cheap now.

- Being able to play a game in its older version is something that blizzard has been doing since diablo2 expansion, giving the players the option to play a Classic character or and expansion character, so why not also do it on world of warcraf, some mmo's have done these "old school" servers, runescape and everquest and they are successful servers.

- Giving the players the option to go back and play an old games is good, for example you can always go back and play your old single player games that you have already beaten, but playing them again is still fun because you enjoy the game, Legacy servers are no different and as long as blizzard is profiting from them i see no reason no to make them available to the community.
    You don't know how much it would cost to create these servers or to maintain them. Saying a 'minimal' cost is bullshit because you don't know how many employees would need to be hired/trained to handle extra servers. Blizz letting people play older games is all well and good but that is not the same as maintaining a MMO vs something like Diablo 2. TOTALLY different games and the amount of things required to maintain them.

Hell you don't even know if there would be an extra fee and then you say that 'fee' would go to current retail WoW? You don't know how Blizz allocates funds so stop making up fantasies that get you your Vanilla realms.

Everquest and Runescape are NOT WoW. Period. Smalltime shit like Everquest is not requiring the amount of servers/manpower/money/time that Vanilla realms would take to get going and you KNOW that. Same shit with Runescape, it isn't the same thing. Legacy servers ARE different than a single player game as well. You can't just wave it all away and wish really hard for Vanilla. I mean you can but that won't accomplish shit.

- - - Updated - - -

In what way? Stop making this bullshit up. We get you and others want a legacy server, act like adults and accept it may not come out for a while.
    Here is another example of making bullshit up, the post above mine.

You don't know how much it would cost to create these servers or to maintain them. Saying a 'minimal' cost is bullshit because you don't know how many employees would need to be hired/trained to handle extra servers. Blizz letting people play older games is all well and good but that is not the same as maintaining a MMO vs something like Diablo 2. TOTALLY different games and the amount of things required to maintain them.

Hell you don't even know if there would be an extra fee and then you say that 'fee' would go to current retail WoW? You don't know how Blizz allocates funds so stop making up fantasies that get you your Vanilla realms.

Everquest and Runescape are NOT WoW. Period. Smalltime shit like Everquest is not requiring the amount of servers/manpower/money/time that Vanilla realms would take to get going and you KNOW that. Same shit with Runescape, it isn't the same thing. Legacy servers ARE different than a single player game as well. You can't just wave it all away and wish really hard for Vanilla. I mean you can but that won't accomplish shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is another example of making bullshit up, the post above mine.

Can you enlighten us how running an Everquest/Runescape server is different from Vanilla? Since you seem to know.

Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    Can you enlighten us how running an Everquest/Runescape server is different from Vanilla? Since you seem to know.
    Do you really think running an Everquest server takes as much money/manpower/servers? Really? Is this something you really need explained? I fucking hope not. Everquest does not have anywhere near the population of WoW, nor does it require the same hardware to run considering how fucking old it is. EQ was old when WoW came out.

Deleted
    I don't understand one thing - why some people are against Legacy servers?
    1. Other devs will work on it so it won't hurt the main game.
    2. If you don't want to, no one is forcing you to play on Legacy.
    3. If Legacy servers were P2P it would only aid the main game because more money would allow more developement of the main game.

There's absolutely no point to be against Legacy servers.

Do you really think running an Everquest server takes as much money/manpower/servers? Really? Is this something you really need explained? I fucking hope not. Everquest does not have anywhere near the population of WoW, nor does it require the same hardware to run considering how fucking old it is. EQ was old when WoW came out.
    So in other words you are just guessing and blaming others for guessing? Much hypocrite dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    3. If Legacy servers were P2P it would only aid the main game because more money would allow more developement of the main game.

True. But you can think it's unlikely Legacy servers will be released (for any number of reasons) and not be against them. A lot of people are conflating those two things, which is not helping the discussion in any way. I personally want to see Legacy servers (if anything just to test all the claims made on this thread), but I don't think they're going to happen any time soon.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

There is a reason and that is because the points you make are factually wrong. If they hire additional developers to work on a legacy server that money could be spent to improve the main game. Period. You cannot argue this.

While you are correct nobody is forcing us to play it people will play it which means splitting the main player base further which hurts the main game.

Finally on your third point that is only true if the amount of money made is more than what is invested which is likely not going to be the case as it would be a big undertaking to create those servers.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Back when Blizzard really put the WORLD into Warcraft, back when Warcraft really had a world, back when Warcraft had nights and weather effects and moonlight that mirrored that of the real world.

Original at 3440X1440:

Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Back when Blizzard really put the WORLD into Warcraft, back when Warcraft really had a world, back when Warcraft had nights and weather effects and moonlight that mirrored that of the real world.

Original at 3440X1440:

Looks nothing like real world night time. Give the weather effects credit though. And why am I not surprised you bashing retail again with your "real world" nonsense. Should have just made some Kung fu panda/my little pony comment like you normally do to antagonise the retail playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    There is a reason and that is because the points you make are factually wrong. If they hire additional developers to work on a legacy server that money could be spent to improve the main game. Period. You cannot argue this.

While you are correct nobody is forcing us to play it people will play it which means splitting the main player base further which hurts the main game.

Finally on your third point that is only true if the amount of money made is more than what is invested which is likely not going to be the case as it would be a big undertaking to create those servers.
    Nothing (apart from self imposed limitations) is stopping Blizzard from hiring additional devs to work on retail, the existence of a new project, be it Legacy or an new game altogether, will not change this.

Players play many other games, including other ATVI titles, why would a legacy service split the player base when other titles have not?

What figures do you have to support this claim?