Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Most of us have probably realized that Blizzard is childish as fuck about flying and isn't going to listen regardless. Though the official forums are still full of complaints about it.
    Says the guy with the childish argument No flying is the best thing to happen to WoW in a long time, this xpack nailed it.

Deleted
    The megathread is already a cesspool of circular arguments and people jerking off over semantics. I'd rather that shit didn't overspill into other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    In WoD the no flying idea was so hated that you could see a new thread almost daily.
    In legion, we have no flying aswell, but the amount of QQ about it, is so small compared to WoD.

How did this happen? People started to grow font of the idea of no flying or people have just accepted it better that it comes in later?
    No, they left.

Whistle, multi Hearth depending on class, and the knowledge that it is coming at a latter time. WoD there was a disconnect on if it was actually going to be implemented or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    and then you had to bring it back up...

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    They framed the conversation every way they could so that they could have their own way
    Yes, because that's exactly how WoW is designed. They start a debate with the player base on the forums and the winner gets to make the game. And here I thought they were a business that could design it how they see fit without needing the player's approval.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I am concerned, lack of flying is not my #1 problem for Legion so far. Useless proffs and RNG gearing is.
    For WOD, given the lack of content, it was much higher on prio list.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    I would prefer if we got flying when we hit 110 but I can live with it coming in a later patch, no reason to complain about it.
    Flight master's whistle is a pretty good substitute in the meantime

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair we are not that long into the expansion and no flying hasn't started to be an annoyance yet. Also flighmarter's whistle is nice.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Im fine with 7.0 not having flying but by 7.1 it really should be showing up. Theres is no reason why there shouldn't be any flying.

In WoD the no flying idea was so hated that you could see a new thread almost daily.
    In legion, we have no flying aswell, but the amount of QQ about it, is so small compared to WoD.

How did this happen? People started to grow font of the idea of no flying or people have just accepted it better that it comes in later?
    I think a lot of people have realised the game is better off without flying, and have quietly backpeddled into not voicing their desire for flying anymore.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    There is essentially no need for flying. It's so easy to get around these days, that you barely need it as there are even faster ways to travel now.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    There is essentially no need for flying. It's so easy to get around these days, that you barely need it as there are even faster ways to travel now.
    Some places in the Broken Isles are annoying as hell. Just depends on how the zones are designed. Stormheim...

;...;
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The only time I'd like flying is when you die. Some places its really tedious to do corpse runs.

The whistle certainly makes navigating easier. The fact that there's content out there to do and the flight paths are well-placed in most cases helps as well. It was somewhat ironic in WoD that people complained about flying, yet there was no reason to fly anywhere, because there was nothing to do outside of raids and garrison. Why people cared, I don't know.

They will decimate the herb market and drop prices on consumables when they allow flying though. We will have the same situation as in WoD where potions are basically free and raiding costs nothing. Not sure that's a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account

Sufficient alternatives.

Deleted
    Personally(!), I still miss it and will probably unsub for a while quite soon (not just because of that, but it's a factor).

What I find really amazing is the fact that "no flying" was commonly described as way towards better immersion. To me, the whistle (= teleport) breaks the immersion much more and I'd gladly give it away for flying. Anybody else feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    They will decimate the herb market and drop prices on consumables when they allow flying though. We will have the same situation as in WoD where potions are basically free and raiding costs nothing. Not sure that's a good thing.
    Weren't people complaining that the prices of herbs were too high anyways since everyone was coming off of WoD with big money, and suddenly the supply of herbs was low because high demand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Becasue its not as big deal as you fly babies make it out to be. Its just like in real life, people that aren't lazy do not mind walking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    Personally(!), I still miss it and will probably unsub for a while quite soon (not just because of that, but it's a factor).

What I find really amazing is the fact that "no flying" was commonly described as way towards better immersion. To me, the whistle (= teleport) breaks the immersion much more and I'd gladly give it away for flying. Anybody else feel this way?
    /Wave More bandwidth for the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account

People got their babysitter's item. Though, you just now did a 'flight' topic thread..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..