Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOL - FUCK Media Matters. Media Matters is owned/run by David Brock - a Clinton operative and the founder of the Correct the Record, the Hillary Super Pac that hired trolls to go online an attack everything Trump and promote Hillary. You have the audacity to say that O'Keefe is not credible and then post as you source of refutation a COMPLETE PIECE OF BIAS SHIT AS MEDIA MATTERS?

LOL, un-fucking real. Yea, sorry Edge, but your source is complete SHIT and a total fucking joke.
    Facts usually gets labeled fucking joke etc by thge right wing extremists out there. EVERYTHING okeefe has been involved in when it comes to videos is proven beyond any doubts it is fabrications and LIES galore. So explain why the far rights views on shit is so superior that you have to LIE about everything in those videos. really if the far right was actually right for once wouldnt just the FACTS be enough to point things out with?

But i know you will cry liberal lamestream media waah waah blah blah excuses since you cant accept the FACTS

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Has any of them ever been discredited by anything other than blanket assertions that they lack credibility? Every time he's put out raw footage, it always confirms the release versions were accurate representations of the recorded encounters. It's like... well, it's like Clinton scandals. Say "discredited" enough, and they just become so, even though nobody ever actually did discredit anything.
    In February 2014, Project Veritas released a video purporting to show employees of the progressive voter registration group Battleground Texas using “potentially illegal methods to change elections.” Outraged Republican state officials pushed for an investigation into the video, ultimately resulting in two Texas special prosecutors disparaging O’Keefe’s tactics and the video itself. The special prosecutors concluded their investigation by asking that complaints against Battleground Texas be dismissed, calling the Veritas video “little more than a canard and political disinformation.”

O’Keefe’s brand of performance activism first made national headlines in 2009, with the release of several heavily edited videos that O’Keefe said showed staff from the nonprofit Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) engaging in criminal behavior. In the videos, O’Keefe and an associate are portrayed as if they had dressed as a “pimp” and a “prostitute” attempting to elicit help from ACORN staff in eight offices across several cities in supposedly setting up a child prostitution ring. It was later discovered that, among other misrepresentations in the edited videos, O’Keefe and his associate were not, in fact, dressed flamboyantly during their secretly recorded meetings at ACORN offices, and the audio of ACORN workers was muted and edited. An independent investigation, state-led investigations in California and New York, and a federal investigation through the Government Accountability Office all found no evidence of illegal activity from ACORN staff, and a Congressional Research Service report found no instances of ACORN violating the terms of its federal funding, but it did note that O’Keefe and his associates may have violated state bans on secret recording in California and Maryland. The California attorney general concluded that O’Keefe had engaged in “highly selective editing of reality.” An ACORN employee who was terminated because of the videos subsequently sued O’Keefe and his associate Hannah Giles, and O’Keefe had to settle the case and issue a public apology.

In a video posted on the late Andrew Breitbart’s BigGovernment.com in June 2010, O'Keefe stated that he had been hired as a U.S. Census worker and attended two days of training. He said, "What I found were census supervisors systematically encouraging employees to falsify information on their timesheets." The video includes clips of census employees who, according to O'Keefe, "didn't seem to have a problem with the discrepancy" of the hours recorded on his timesheet versus the hours he claimed to have worked. O'Keefe omitted a clip that was later aired by ABC during a Good Morning America interview with O’Keefe and Breitbart that showed a census supervisor emphasizing the importance of accurately reporting on miles driven by census enumerators.

In January 2010, O’Keefe and three associates were arrested on criminal misdemeanor charges stemming from a botched attempt to tamper with the phones at the New Orleans office of then-Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA). In May, the group pleaded guilty and O’Keefe faced probation, a fine, and community service for his illegal antics. As The Times-Picayune reported:

The four defendants who were arrested in January in Sen. Mary Landrieu's office in the Hale Boggs federal complex in New Orleans pleaded guilty Wednesday morning in federal court to entering real property belonging to the United States under false pretenses.

Magistrate Judge Daniel Knowles III sentenced Stan Dai, Joseph Basel and Robert Flanagan each to two years probation, a fine of $1,500 and 75 hours of community service during their first year of probation.

James O'Keefe, as leader of the group and famous for posing as a pimp in ACORN office videos, received three years of probation, a fine of $1,500 and 100 hours of community service.
    Project Veritas released a video purporting to show "the 'misogynistic' nature of the Hillary Clinton campaign and its organizers, who joke about sexually harassing women and committing voter fraud on the campaign." The six-and-a-half-minute video features heavily edited undercover footage of two field organizers with the Florida Democratic Party -- not the Clinton presidential campaign -- making out-of-context statements about "acceptable conduct" on "this campaign" and about "the ballots." The only context provided to viewers about the discussions is provided by Project Veritas text, not by video. O’Keefe repeatedly compares the out-of-context footage of low-level field staffers to Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s 2005 hot mic comments describing sexual assault. All three staffers shown by name in the video identify themselves on their LinkedIn accounts as field organizers for the Florida Democratic Party, not the Clinton campaign. A search of the Federal Election Commission database returned no results indicating any of the three staffers have been paid directly by the Clinton campaign in 2015 or 2016.

In a September sting operation, O’Keefe baselessly accused Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign of money laundering after releasing a video in which an undercover operative with Project Veritas purchased a campaign T-shirt on behalf of a Canadian attending a campaign event. The money laundering accusation was widely ridiculed by political reporters, with one journalist reportedly asking O’Keefe at a press conference promoting the video, “Is this a joke?” O’Keefe later reportedly admitted that his group likely broke the law by facilitating the $30 to $40 purchase.

And so on, and so on, and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    You all do realise Foval was just fired right? So still fake?
    Almost certainly for having been caught on tape, not for anything he was saying. Get rid of him to begin marginalizing the content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    O'keefe a proven liar
    What about the people he's interviewing? Are they making all the stuff that they're saying up?

It's hard to believe anyone who edits his videos so heavily. The OP has been pushing a ton of click bait as of late. Most of his posts are refuted nearly instantly, because he's being disingenuous about what he's actually posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Quickly! Attack the source, not the message!
    So how seriously would you take another article written by the Rolling Stone "journalist" responsible for the UVA rape hoax? I bet you wouldn't question the source at all, right?

Funny how they decided to disband on paper and rebrand themselves as several smaller operations because of how vindicated they were, huh?
    You just described a bog standard agitprop attack of the current right.

-Snap fingers.
    -Tell your attack dogs to believe that ''grossly edited agitprop video number 103'' is ''dah truth''. If they don't believe it, they are ''libural beta cuck'
    -The attack dogs fight each other to post hundreds of times your piece and flood comment sites.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-10-18 at 08:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's hard to believe anyone who edits his videos so heavily.
    There's quite a bit of unedited conversations in those videos though. Conversations where the context is clear as day, and not just two or three words taken out of context.

Actually, yeah, going with "none of that happened", at least not things that you think were that, actually were that. Which is to say, whatever motion ruling you read about in some case involving ACORN means, legally or factually, that the accusations were false. No, PP never showed shit was untrue, they are the archetype of "just keep saying desu-- er, discredited". Their salad-munching soulless monster said what she said and its meaning was readily ascertainable. You thinking James O'Keefe is an asshole is not the same thing as factually discrediting what he said. He managed to be handed Eric Holder's ballot at a polling station, I remember that as well -- nobody ever showed that that was faked, i.e. what "discrediting it" might look like in a world governed by rational thought, they just kept saying "well, he's an asshole".
    You've been provided numerous links to demonstrate these things, and you just refuse to read them or consider the evidence. Instead, you just keep repeating that he isn't discredited. You are doing exactly what you are saying everyone else is doing: Ignoring the evidence provided, and repeating yourself over and over again. It isn't fooling anyone, and it is reaching the point where I am getting embarrassed for you.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how they decided to disband on paper and rebrand themselves as several smaller operations because of how vindicated they were, huh?
    1. They didn't "choose to disband", they were driven into bankruptcy.

2. They were always a collection of smaller operations. It's right in the name "Association of Community Organizations".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What about the people he's interviewing? Are they making all the stuff that they're saying up?
    If you've ever done video editing, you know how insanely easy it is to cobble together a conversation and create a narrative.
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a thread started on this yesterday that was quickly closed?

Oh look, yes there was:
    Hillary-Campaign-and-DNC-paying-protesters-to-harass-people-outside-Trump-events

And further, I'd swear I've seen these videos discussed in at least one of the election mega threads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Almost certainly for having been caught on tape, not for anything he was saying. Get rid of him to begin marginalizing the content.
    Holy crap, are people really this delusional? That's scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, yeah, going with "none of that happened", at least not things that you think were that, actually were that.
    This makes no sense... I didn't say "none of that happened", but gave you examples of his lies, from actual court ruling to the absurd of him dressing like Bin Laden to prove terrorists cross the border. I fullfilled your request and you just ignore it, as if you didn't just quote it?

Which is to say, whatever motion ruling you read about in some case involving ACORN means, legally or factually, that the accusations were false.
    Some case? You mean the case explicitly brought up due to that video? This video is true, but you cannot be bothered to read what courts actually ruled? This is all you had to do:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asso...for_Reform_Now

No, PP never showed shit was untrue, they are the archetype of "just keep saying desu-- er, discredited".
    Yeah, he did... that wasn't even an actual aborted fetus in the video. It's why Feorino got so much shit for it. Planned Parenthood released their financial records before and after his video and it included nothing that he claimed was in it... yes, down to the part where he doesn't actually show an aborted fetus, but implies that's what it is.

Their salad-munching soulless monster said what she said and its meaning was readily ascertainable. You thinking James O'Keefe is an asshole is not the same thing as factually discrediting what he said.
    I didn't call him an asshole either... starting to see why you take his "word" at face value and ignore both that his claims these vedeos are unedited and the fact that the assertion of a punishable crime in connecting Hillary to coordinating with super PACs, is completely missing from the videos.

He managed to be handed Eric Holder's ballot at a polling station, I remember that as well -- nobody ever showed that that was faked, i.e. what "discrediting it" might look like in a world governed by rational thought, they just kept saying "well, he's an asshole".
    Link please...

Also, in a world of rational thought, you don't need to pretend I said thing, that I never did and ignore what I am actually saying.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    If you've ever done video editing, you know how insanely easy it is to cobble together a conversation and create a narrative.
    And if you've never done any video editing whatsoever, you can easily spot stuff in the videos that can't really be said to have been taken "out of context". I mean, the bit where this guy says this, for example:

He says a lot more, too. That's not edited together. That's him saying those words.

Deleted
    MMO-ControlTheRecord in full force as always.

You don't understand how the brains of the usual suspects work.

if one of their site orders them to believe ''that Hilary iza lezbian witche'', they have to obey. Thinking is for weaklings, not for real man.

Holy Breitbart decreed that ACORN was bad for getting black electors out to vote. Therefore, it's okay to lie and slander : if you don't, your Holy Scripture told you that the communist gay jew feminists would steal your guns !

There's quite a bit of unedited conversations in those videos though. Conversations where the context is clear as day, and not just two or three words taken out of context.
    When he releases full, unedited videos, I'll think about paying attention to them. Whenever someone posts or publishes something, the first question I always ask myself, is WHY they are doing it. O'Keefe is a partisan political activist, so he's clearly trying to sell an agenda. It's the same reason I don't pay attention to hacks like Al Sharpton.

And if you've never done any video editing whatsoever, you can easily spot stuff in the videos that can't really be said to have been taken "out of context". I mean, the bit where this guy says this, for example:

He says a lot more, too. That's not edited together. That's him saying those words.
    That quote doesn't mean anything out of context.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, funny how propaganda works. How many videos did James release saying ACORN was not guilty? Did 0 match the media push his story received? I'm glad you can at least admit that the truth doesn't mater, as long as you make enouph noise lying.

So, congrats, those you have support for and MSM teamed up to ruin ACORN and then did nothing to clear their name. This is where you bitch about MSM and liberals subverting the truth... again, grats! gg
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi