Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahahaa @Shakou. You're kicked from groups often enough that this is a concern?

But to your point: a weekly cap on how often you can vote people out of groups. How often do you run into the same people in these random groups? I can't imagine often enough that a weekly cap is going to solve your problem; that problem being that you are often kicked out of random dungeon finder groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    ... Just to be clear, none of you have demonstrated a good argument for not implementing a system that would force people to think carefully before deciding to vote someone out.
    Here's the argument OP. You started shit-posting and then people told you it was probably you being the problem. You shit-posted more thereby cementing the idea that you are the problem. Stop being a dick in group and you won't get kicked. It's pretty simple. So simple that you might even gt it.

Or maybe just shit-post some more. Seems to be working out great for you. Just like that time you got kicked for being a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

this looks like narcissism...just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    You're absolutely wrong. The damage was fine, that elitist retard did it for fun, and I called for his ignore after the run ended.
    I don't disagree with you in principal, but I think you gave a really bad example. There is no way a level 110 hunter that is geared enough to queue heroics is doing 50k dos unless they're mostly afk and auto attacking. This is a class I happen to know incredibly well, ffs I was doing over 100k in heroics when still using HFC 4 piece.

You don't know if the other guy was whispering him before trying to vote to help him out or get him to participate. You don't know that at all.

Generally, I don't care to kick people for low dos because I practically kill almost all trash in a few global cooldowns myself, and boss fights in heroics barely last a minute or so for me, but that's not an excuse for people to just not participate.

But hey w.e not shocked that the forum that was all so certain silence penalty would be the best thing ever even when Blizzard was acknowledging that people were abusing it would have difficulties seeing the wisdom in curbing people's ability to vote anyone of a groups unless it's really necessary.

I take anyone's posts about ragers here with a heaping tea spoon of salt because more and more players find creative ways to grief by just not speaking in chat channels. Certainly the guy pulling their weight and doing the up most to assure group success isn't ever your biggest issue, and that's not just a gear thing that's a participation and actually paying attention and being on point thing.

Typically the kind of player I'm talking about is well geared and experienced but a shitty team player that isn't concerned with ruining other people's experience. Much more common than anyone here would admit.

Ya I've actually been in a situation where I got queued with some people from my server who are from a decent guild but have a notoriously bad rep for their attitude and had their shaman facepull a bunch of mobs and blame me for it. Nevermind that whatever was pulled got killed quickly, logic obviously doesn't come into play when dealing with people who just like grieving others. And voting them out of groups is definitely a way people do that and it's nothing new.

I'm saying this as a player that's very much not a douche, totally does not mind helping out others and no offense but I'm pretty sure I'm better than at least in the top 20% of players time willing.

But ya lets just keep having people vote people out of groups for completely arbitrary reasons that's clearly healthy for the game. >.>

Deleted
    Dunno mate, but haven't had that issue ever.. I only been kicked out of a dungeon once, and that was in the time you could invite friends after you kicked someone.
    I dont see it as a problem. If you get kicked out, and yes I know you defend yourself here, but we don't have chatlogs so can't see if you communicated as a prick or not. But yeah, mostly if someone is kicked out, they either were afk or huge pricks/elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Hahahahahaa @Shakou. You're kicked from groups often enough that this is a concern?

But to your point: a weekly cap on how often you can vote people out of groups. How often do you run into the same people in these random groups? I can't imagine often enough that a weekly cap is going to solve your problem; that problem being that you are often kicked out of random dungeon finder groups.
    How often something occurs that it is a problem for someone is relative. For me once was enough, the fact that people can do it is the issue. Your 2nd paragraph is purely irrelevant, almost no one is constantly meeting the same people from other servers again let alone frequently in lfd/lfr.

What seems to have been lost in all of this is that this type of system already exists.. the more often you vote to kick, the longer you have to wait before you can initiate a vote to kick again. It's not hardcapped per week, but at least it does incentivize people not to abuse it.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Vote_Kick
    Patch 3.3.5 (2010-06-22): The functionality of the Vote Kick feature in the Dungeon Finder will now behave differently according to a player's history with the system. Players using the Dungeon Finder who rarely vote to kick players from a group, or rarely abandon groups before a dungeon is complete, will find that the Vote Kick option will have no cooldown. For players who frequently abandon groups or vote to kick other players, the Vote Kick option will be kept on a cooldown. This functionality will adjust itself as a player's behavior while using the Dungeon Finder changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    How often something occurs that it is a problem for someone is relative. For me once was enough, the fact that people can do it is the issue. Your 2nd paragraph is purely irrelevant, almost no one is constantly meeting the same people from other servers again let alone frequently in lfd/lfr.
    Exactly! And as such, putting in a weekly cap would NOT solve the problem for you because the likelyhood of you running into people having reached the cap is VERY unlikely.

There is, really, only one solution to your problem and you already know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Wait, Shakou? From Illidan? Always in LFG chat raging about some random thing that no one can make sense of?

Yeah, I'll bet anything that you're 100% the problem in any group that you're kicked from.
    Are you seriously trying to defend LFG chat here? It's a cestpool full of blatant racism, bigotry and every kind of vile thing you can imagine, not to mention spam 24/7 because lfg is not your personal space to hang out and talk off topic bs all day. To be sure, if people were properly reporting people almost everyone that regularly uses that channel would most definitely be silenced for a very long time.

But thanks for making my point for me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Exactly! And as such, putting in a weekly cap would NOT solve the problem for you because the likelyhood of you running into people having reached the cap is VERY unlikely.

There is, really, only one solution to your problem and you already know what it is.
    Wrong. This would simply fix the problem while still allowing people to vote others out, they would just need to have a good reason. Let me be frank, your argument sucks. This isn't a few bad apples problem, it's most of the player base. You assume you're never going to see that player again so you treat them like shit because you can. No different than people were doing with silence penalty. Except this has been an issue even longer, and Blizz stopped auto silencing people already because of abuse.

This game actually used to have a cap on how often you could vote people out for this very reason. In fact that was the case up until MOP.

Thank god you're probably just a bagger at Wal-Mart and not someone that writes public policy. Good lord.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-10-18 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auton View Post
    What seems to have been lost in all of this is that this type of system already exists.. the more often you vote to kick, the longer you have to wait before you can initiate a vote to kick again. It's not hardcapped per week, but at least it does incentivize people not to abuse it.
    This..

And then OP.. I've not been kicked from a heroic a single time in Legion.. and I've only had to kick twice, because of tanks going afk before a boss without a word, and not showing up again inside 5min..

If you constantly get kicked.. you are obviously the problem.. you can "bullshit" all you want, trying to say you're such a good guy.. But it's not gonna help your case here, we don't have chatlogs from your runs, so the most likly scenario is that you are the douche, which is why you constantly getting kicked..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. This isn't a few bad apples problem, it's most of the player base. You assume you're never going to see that player again sp you treat them like shit because you can.
    Oh yeah, I see people complaining about this ALL the time.... not.

Thank god you're probably just a bagger at Wal-Mart and not someone than writes public policy. Good lord.
    Not able to hide that toxic personality at all are you.

Wrong. This isn't a few bad apples problem, it's most of the player base.
    lol, no it is not.. again, if you're constantly getting kicked.. the most likly scenario, is that you are the problem..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I'm glad I can kick people like you with no restriction.

You won't get vote kicked without a reason. It's pretty simple.
    Do your best and don't call people out, you most likely won't see a single vote kick against yourself.

Deleted
    So now it is once while you clearly state in the OP
    And it happens more often than you think.

I could list out too many times I've been kicked just because I spoke up and called someone bad out something a long those lines and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    It is pretty obvious you think you are the elite in the group and call out anything you don't like which is frankly really annoying.

I random group all the time and people with that attitude get kicked faster then a bad player since they not only slow stuff down with their whine, but they bring the whole group down.

Deleted
    -snip-
    Having read the entire thread and every single one of your replies to people I'm lead to believe that the reason you get kicked is because of you.
    It's true there are a handful of people that do childish kicks for no reason, definitely - but they aren't THAT many. The fact that you even see this as a problem is a warning sign and on top of that if your demeanour in the groups is that alike it is in this thread... what I see is a negative attitude and a player a bit full of themselves to be quite honest.

There's no proof of what you've said in the groups or in what way you've said it, but with the evidence available to me I conclude you've talked in a non-constructive way most likely fuelled by annoyance in the moment which might add another layer of "douchebagness" into whatever you whined about (even if what you said was true).

The key to this is simple. You have a few options.

Option 1: Stop being a jerk. Don't look at the chat, hide it completely if you can't keep yourself from any possible confrontation that it might cause - same for damage meter, turn that shit off. You have gear your dps is more than enough to carry it, unless you see someone literally physically afk for 5 minutes there's no problems. If the group sucks with a tank like you had feel free to LEAVE. Accept you CAN NOT fix other people. If you TRULY want to help, whisper tips in a constructive manner. "Btw, if you did it this way it would be better because...." not along the lines "wtf are you doing you idiot you don't do it like that".

Option 2 (the most viable option) : Stop running with randoms. If you find yourself kicked often and if you think there's nothing wrong with your attitude or demeanour even tho people would seem to think that - get friends, guildies, leave the randoms. Run content with people you know who accept you as you are and maybe share your way of life. If you're short and end up with a pugger....LEAVE them ALONE. Constructive comments, again, fine. If they suck ass feel free to rip on them on comms or guild chat but leave them alone if you don't want to help them; everyone will be happier.

And that's really how simple it is.
    I've been kicked a few times this expansion but it's extremely rare - a few of those times I can see being due to my annoyance with people (priest pulling packs with penance, blaming on me for it and that sort of thing) and regardless of how fine I am with everyone from noobs to elitists and leaving everyone to their own glory, I too, am a human. And it's human to get annoyed and probably say something in a way you shouldn't have. The human reaction to it is to get annoyed. Some enough to get rid of you as they cba running the rest of the run with someone who might whine more along the way when they can easily kick you and get in someone that's happy and silent even if they might perform worse.
    REAL childish kicks for no other reason than LULwe'replayingtogetherandusuck-buddies that seem to have some odd power trip in LFG content are extremely rare.

People will always rather have the person who ninjapulls over the person who whines about the people that ninjapull. People don't give a shit about your e-peen and how you did 60% of the entire instance damage but rather they care to do it without douchebags. Speaking of which stuff like "I pulled more than my weight" is completely irrelevant when it comes to kicks; it's completely irrelevant bs if you act like a douchebag.

But on topic; I think this limit would worsen the community even further. You know you'd end up in that moment where -everyone- afks because you know the system is in place; you're bound to join enough groups afking where the other poor team mates already used up their kicks on the other douchebags afking and can't kick you. And they have to finish or leave.
    And if they leave and new people who can kick you start again and try again. This would take no effort. People would abuse it.
    This would be only avoided by having a very high amount of kicks per week you can "consume", but this again would make it useless to have a cap.
    Not to mention there'd be the silly-af "you start the vote kick I'm not gonna waste my kick-quota on this" and "how many kicks you have left? I only have x" (which aren't real problems, again, kicking pointlessly is -not- common. -At all-.)

As I see no problem with the amount of kicks I've seen throughout hundreds upon hundreds of pure LFG groups I've joined alone (which really isn't that many) I don't see this as a real problem and thus the addition of some kind of cap would be pointless. The only people who see this as a problem are those that get kicked frequently and in those cases it's most commonly a problem within themselves and extremely rarely a problem within the community. Due to the kicks for douchebag reasons from the people who initiate the kicks being extremely low I don't find it warrants any other action other than "dust yourself off and hope to be paired with decent people next time".

Pretty sure OP is the problem. I'd also rather keep a bad player than someone making a fuss about every non issue and disrupting the game. If you get kicked constantly, it's you who is the problem.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If its "trivial" content then how about you just slog through it since its already so easy it doesn't matter? Why don't you save your finger pointing and crying over bad players in situations where it matters?

Also your idea is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    oh man, i've got to remember that one.

seriously OP, if i'm in a random group, and the second something goes wrong and a guy starts raging, I'd instantly vote him out. its a pisspoor attitude, especially since you don't know who you are playing with.
    Agreed. If there's a terrible player in my group, and another guy raging at him, I'll vote to kick the rager 100% of the time. I can carry a bad player a lot easier than I can tolerate a temper tantrum.

TC is a doucher, and he knows it. Feels like a troll thread.

"I am an insufferable douche bag in groups, I wish people couldnt kick me out anymore."

Pro tip, q up do your job, be friendly and you will never get kicked out.
    READ and be less Ignorant.