Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No champ you are, otherwise raid quality would be massively cut or just outright gone.
    Because not having LFR in the first 3 expansions was a clear indicator of this.

If we can cut LFR and go back to Ulduar or ICC style raids, I'd be all for it. There's nothing wrong with a 'you can kill it- or you can't' raid progression style.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Because not having LFR in the first 2 expansions was a clear indicator of this.
    Fixed that for you, LFR came in cata.

Also once again what worked in 2007 doesn't work now, go ask wildstar how well its doing with its 2007 model.

Clearly LFR is needed or blizzard would have removed it with legion, since that was the perfect time to. They didn't and its still here. Your only comment as to why is because people cried.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    If you sub just to do lfr then you deserve to have it gated.

its like with Bieber. The content is absolute shit but people pay for it anyway. Then they deserve what they get

10+ Year Old Account

Also once again what worked in 2007 doesn't work now, go ask wildstar how well its doing with its 2007 model.

Clearly LFR is needed or blizzard would have removed it with legion, since that was the perfect time to. They didn't and its still here. Your only comment as to why is because people cried.
    Blizzard has commited to not locking people out of the story. how well they've done this is up for discussion, but LFR is there to cater to time-poor people who still want to play, not unemployed NEETs who can't deal with raiding but still play 12 hours a day.

LFR is a great idea, but it has been poisoned by entitled assholes who want to turn Azeroth into a communist utopia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Because not having LFR in the first 3 expansions was a clear indicator of this.

If we can cut LFR and go back to Ulduar or ICC style raids, I'd be all for it. There's nothing wrong with a 'you can kill it- or you can't' raid progression style.
    I'd only be against it on the principle that large story elements happen in raids, and people should not be locked from that. Especially new and returning players. Realistically, the last level between expansions should be replaced with a scenario that takes you through that expacs end game story (sans rewards) to keep the flow going. This would be done fr each new release (i.e. WoD gets one after Legion launches).

But at the same time, rewards should be commensurate with difficulty and serve to allow you to better yourself in the content that you participate in.

LFR is gated for two reasons, both of which give the same end result (gating).

1. WoW is built on the back of grand scale and epic encounters bolstered by an organised effort, which LFR is not.
    2. Staging LFR sucks an extra month out of the LFR only crowd. Regardless of whether or not you use tokens to pay, it is all money for Blizzard (because some people forget that tokens cost actual money to buy).
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-10-19 at 01:31 AM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

WildStar's 'Hardcore or Nothing' approach isn't the sole reason that game failed, and while it contributed to it's rapid decline- it wasn't the only reason. Nobody is saying that all raids should be super hardcore, although a few of us wouldn't mind a few less difficulties, as 3 seems a bit redundant (I don't consider LFR raiding, how you feel about that doesn't really matter).

You do realize, in your hyperbolic doomsday scenario where the entire mass of casual players quite WoW after they removed LFR, WoW would still have the biggest player base in sub based MMO's, right? Rift, Wildstar, EQ2, ArcheAge, Aion and EVE: Online combined have a user base about the size of a medium pop server. Not that WoW is Blizzard's sole earner by a long shot, but they'd still have quite a large budget available for development with even half a million users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing but the entitles crying of "hardcore" raiders- whose first line of attack on the official forums would be to comment on other posters progression here. Once again triggered that wow has moved on and the dreaded "casuals"are able to wear gear that looks kinda similar to, and has the same name as, their oh-so precious e-peen.

You're never going to get awed whispers about your gear. Get Over It
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Nothing but the entitles crying of "hardcore" raiders- whose first line of attack on the official forums would be to comment on other posters progression here. Once again triggered that wow has moved on and the dreaded "casuals"are able to wear gear that looks kinda similar to, and has the same name as, their oh-so precious e-peen.

I still get whispers about my gear, even at a paltry 862 (I'm a tank, so I pass on gear once I can live through a fight).

And at the end of the day, you sit there preaching about your game experience while turning around and cheapening the experience for others. Laziness should not be rewarded.

And before you jump on the fallacy of #notallLFRplayers, remember that the strongest opposition to threads like this come from not wanting rewards to be diminished. Story and a level of progression relative to difficulty should not be locked away.

And now it's not.

So take that energy you spend on whining and use it for something productive instead of crying that the mean PUG leader told you off for standing in fire.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I get them all the time.

These days I only whisper people over transmogs, not their actual gear. The "wow" effect of gear has been gone for a long time for me since it's so easy to get epics, nothing feels special...not even legendary's.

But when you get a rare stat like Speed, I get a little excited.

Just release all difficulties for all raids at the same time. If someone is worried that a person who plays LFR gets to see the content at the same time as normal and up raiders then that person in my opinion is focusing on fairly petty things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    If you sub just to do lfr then you deserve to have it gated.

its like with Bieber. The content is absolute shit but people pay for it anyway. Then they deserve what they get

M8. removeing LFR is not locking ppl out of the story/raid.
    What is locking them out is their own mind.
    Everyone has the option to make raids/join raids with the LFG tool.

Another "give all of it to me right now" thread.

Yawn.

Now I am sure there is going to be people who jump in this thread just to bash me or LFR.
    Yes, and for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    LFR is gated because it's content for baddies.
    You want the raid at peak freshness? Form a group.
    I would've said the same but with less nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Another "give all of it to me right now" thread.

Yawn.

Hey, don't be like that! Bads crying for handouts got the game to the glorious facebook farmville clone that it was in WoD! That was the best time and if you don't think so you're an elitist jerk who doesn't understand that people who can only play for 10 minutes per week should have two legendaries RIGHT NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    And people wonder why people from LFR don't step into normals. They want to avoid you and the people like you.
    Good, we want to avoid you too, at any cost.
    Last edited by Choda; 2016-10-19 at 08:37 AM.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    Hey, don't be like that! Bads crying for handouts got the game to the glorious facebook farmville clone that it was in WoD!
    * shudder *

There's a reason I took a year off.

Mind you, Farmville pretty much started in MoP, but it was not all the game then. And it was kinda cute with all the neighbours.

I am with the OP in this one. Not releasing it because raiders should see content before LFR people just sounds stupid.

Most of the top end raiders see the bosses before they even come to live.

The rest... simply are not raiders, they are part of an organized pug in reality. I mean in this expansion I've seen soooooo many guilds saying "HC progress" or took them 2-3 weeks to clear HC.

When a pug clears the content you can't, then you can't call your self an organized raiding group, but just a pug that has a time-schedule.

Now I am sure there is going to be people who jump in this thread just to bash me or LFR.

But like the title says there is no reason to gate the release of LFR anymore. With so many ways to get gear and even better get then LFR the reason for gating it is now zero.

Day 1 you can do NM rading, World Quests and even mythic dungeons. All rewarding better then LFR currently does. Then come the 2nd week you can step into Heroic raiding. To be quite honest there is no reason to gate any of the raiding modes but more so LFR.

Now people may say "If its there day 1 people will do it and quit" Well if it isn't there day one what stops them from quitting until its released?

Nothing in LFR is even close to being required and unless you get a sick ilvl drop good chance WQ/Mythic Dungeons and even heroic will be better.

Blizzard needs to start releasing LFR along with the other day modes.

I say this as someone who mainly does LFR and has finished EN NM before the final wing of LFR has released.

Edit: Also posted this on the official forms.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749856602#1
    I can't help but wonder, why are you so obsessed with LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I can't help but wonder, why are you so obsessed with LFR?
    It's the only content he can clear while playing the game for like 12 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post

Good, we want to avoid you too, at any cost.
    Splendid! I believe they call that a win/win. One less horrible human being i won't have to run into.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    LFR= Likes Free Rekt's
    LFR= Leave Fred's Raid
    LFR= Laughing For Real
    LFR= Losers First Raiding
    Pretty bad self loathing you have since your sig seems to indicate that you have done LFR plenty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Most of the top end raiders see the bosses before they even come to live.

The rest... simply are not raiders, they are part of an organized pug in reality. I mean in this expansion I've seen soooooo many guilds saying "HC progress" or took them 2-3 weeks to clear HC.

When a pug clears the content you can't, then you can't call your self an organized raiding group, but just a pug that has a time-schedule.
    This has to be the more elitist and stupid comment i have ever seen in these forums, and also a delusional knowledge of the average skill level of the majority of the playerbase who plays this game.
    There are a lot of people who are struggling to finish heroic EN, because it is quite challenging for their skill level, some of those guilds will not finish EN heroic pre-nerf.
    But i guess in your mind the only raiders at the moment are EXORSUS guys, the rest of the first world race contenders must be just a bunch of baddies.
    Seriously there is one thing i do not understand though, what the fuk is doing a super pro player like you playing wow, when it is clear it is not hardcore enough for you? you´d better go back to your classic everquest MMO raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Splendid! I believe they call that a win/win. One less horrible human being i won't have to run into.
    And one less 150k dps cry-baby I won't have to carry. You sir, would have been spot on if not for the fact that no matter how much I ignore people like you, you keep whining and whining until you get your way. I've been content for a decade of ignoring people like you, and if Blizzard shared my content we wouldn't have to have this inane discussion because LFR would never be a thing.
    You may now kiss the ring.