Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Mythic raid and raid leaders

Alright this is my opinion and you can argue with me if you want to but I am gonna say it anyway
    The real reason why people are complaining about Mythic raids is the power the raid leaders has over the raid itself. For people like me who haven't played the game for a long long time and are just returning it is difficult to start raiding in mythic not because it is so hard but because we still don't have the right equipment. Keep in mind that this happens (to me and to others) when you mention that you have for example 680 level equipment when you need 700 (or and yes this happens when you mention that you are new in wow), two things will happen the raid leader will refuse to accept you in the raid (fair is fair I could try to get a 700 equipment) or if he is a (cut from fear of infraction ) he will kick you out of the raid at the last possible second before defeating a boss (WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ). So if you wants us to stop complaining remove the raid leaders ability to kick raiders out of the raid or add Mythic in raid finder

Again I sorry if I insulted anyone

10+ Year Old Account
    But why you posted in lore forums?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    No one is going to care in a lore forum. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    No one is going to care in a lore forum. At all.
    Nononono I get it!
    Remember how in terms of lore we are a bunch of adventurers at first? He's role-playing the mentally handicapped one in the group and we have to use lore information to find out what disease on Azeroth or other exotic places could do this to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Nononono I get it!
    Remember how in terms of lore we are a bunch of adventurers at first? He's role-playing the mentally handicapped one in the group and we have to use lore information to find out what disease on Azeroth or other exotic places could do this to him.
    Like Donald from that comic strip?
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

10+ Year Old Account
    As a mythic raid leader I'm deeply insulted sir.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-10-19 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    Like Donald from that comic strip?
    Fuck I forgot about that, been a while since I read them.

I present to you, our op!:

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Moving this thread to a more appropriate subforum.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Even then, this would make more sense in the Role-play forum.
    (Granted, it doesn't make sense to be there either)

nothing the OP says has ever happened to me. ever.
    and I've been playing this game since beta.

Deleted
    sounds like you are describing a standard pug raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    In Organised events, you need someone to have the utmost power to make decisions in case of conflict, therefore a "leader" role is required.

A randomly put together group, doing Mythic, it is a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    Alright this is my opinion and you can argue with me if you want to but I am gonna say it anyway
    The real reason why people are complaining about Mythic raids is the power the raid leaders has over the raid itself. For people like me who haven't played the game for a long long time and are just returning it is difficult to start raiding in mythic not because it is so hard but because we still don't have the right equipment. Keep in mind that this happens (to me and to others) when you mention that you have for example 680 level equipment when you need 700 (or and yes this happens when you mention that you are new in wow), two things will happen the raid leader will refuse to accept you in the raid (fair is fair I could try to get a 700 equipment) or if he is a (cut from fear of infraction ) he will kick you out of the raid at the last possible second before defeating a boss (WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ). So if you wants us to stop complaining remove the raid leaders ability to kick raiders out of the raid or add Mythic in raid finder

Again I sorry if I insulted anyone
    Sorry if I insult you, but your post showed a great lack of understanding or experience in organized raiding. Pretty much every single points are bad when it comes to progression.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Sorry if I insult you, but your post showed a great lack of understanding or experience in organized raiding. Pretty much every single points are bad when it comes to progression.
    I was not insulted yes I am new in the game so of course there will be a lack of understanding, could you explain about the progression

This guy definitely reminds me of Donald from Dark Legacy

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    This guy definitely reminds me of Donald from Dark Legacy
    who? please don't let it be me

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically all your points are countered by "it's organized raiding."

ilvl matters fuck all compared to stats. Decent RL's should know this.
    And if you get kicked mid-raid? Much more mid-boss fight? Then either that guild will die 3 seconds later, or you fucked up in more ways than just mechanically.

- - - Updated - - -

who? please don't let it be me
    The guy in the picture from post #7.
    He's a comic relief character in the "The Dark Legacy" comic strips

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    And if you get kicked mid-raid? Much more mid-boss fight? Then either that guild will die 3 seconds later,
    Damn that made me feel good, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    or you fucked up in more ways than just mechanically.
    Yeah I am not very good player T^T ...at least I think I am not very good

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I had an occasion not too different from the one the OP is detailing just last week during the Nightmare raid (Normal difficulty). I had joined a majority guild raid that needed a tank and a healer, and together we set off to do a full clear. Things were going pretty well, with only a wipe or two on Il'gynoth and Renferal. We got in one disastrous attempt on Cenarius where Phase 2 of the fight appeared to kill basically everyone (DPS throughout the raid was on the low side). After rezzing up and prepping for the next attempt I was booted out of the raid without warning, and one of the DPS told me to "leave their presence" before I was teleported out of the instance after the Raid Leader ignored any of my messages.

Turns out that particular guild's Tank had logged on, and so I was ejected so he could get the loot from Cenarius despite having completed the majority of the raid with them beforehand. I don't really blame them, though; those are the chances one takes when pugging their way through raiding. It was just a really terrible way of going about it as I would've actually willingly dropped out had I been asked.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The real reason why people are complaining about Mythic raids
    Who is complaining about mythic raids? Can you point to an example of the sort of complaint you're talking about? I've never seen a complaint to which this response would be relevant.

For people like me who haven't played the game for a long long time and are just returning it is difficult to start raiding in mythic not because it is so hard but because we still don't have the right equipment.
    Yes, since mythic raids are tuned on the assumption you have gear from heroic raids, you'll need to go through the gearing process first. And if you joined at the start of the expansion, you'd be in exactly the same position as everyone else in terms of your gear, regardless of how long you've been away.

when you mention that you have for example 680 level equipment when you need 700 (or and yes this happens when you mention that you are new in wow), two things will happen the raid leader will refuse to accept you in the raid (fair is fair I could try to get a 700 equipment) or if he is a (cut from fear of infraction ) he will kick you out of the raid at the last possible second before defeating a boss (WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ).
    #2 doesn't happen. Nobody kicks people in mythic raids just before the boss dies. It just doesn't happen.

So if you wants us to stop complaining remove the raid leaders ability to kick raiders out of the raid or add Mythic in raid finder
    You've not thought this through.

Option 1: so, I've invited a bunch of people to a raid group, we've gone in and we've wiped a few times. Turns out that RandomRaider the warlock is not good enough / not geared enough / is AFK / logged off and forgot to leave the group / whatever. So... what am I supposed to do? Say "sorry everyone, we've got a group of 19 people who can do this and 1 person who can't, game over, bye for now" and disband the group?

Option 2: you've just made it abundantly clear that either you've never seen a mythic raid, or you've never seen raid finder. I guarantee you, I bet you every gold I have: if you could queue for a mythic raid via raid finder, no group would ever manage a single boss kill.