Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cop Who Took 11 Minutes To Report Shooting Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/...ghter-charges/
    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/...-manslaughter/

Dashcam footage from Nov. 25 shows the driver, 26-year-old Andrew Thomas, crashing his SUV. his estranged wife was ejected from the window and died at the scene. Officer Patrick Feaster walked toward the car and fired one shot, hitting the unarmed Thomas in the neck as he tried to get out through the window.

After 25 seconds, Feaster describes Thomas as being uncooperative.

“I’ve got an unresponsive female, I’ve got a male in the car refusing to get out,” he said in the dashcam video.

It took Feaster 11 minutes to report firing his gun.
    Immediately following the shooting, Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey said he would not charge Feaster in the shooting, calling it an accident.

Hundreds protested the move, calling for Feaster to face charges. After Thomas’ death on Dec. 19, Ramsey said he would reconsider potential manslaughter charges. He’s awaiting autopsy results.
    A police officer who shot and killed a man who was climbing out of a crash on Thanksgiving has been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Patrick Feaster was with the Paradise Police Department when dashcam footage showed him driving up on the scene of a crash on Nov. 25. Andrew Thomas, 26, was crawling out of the vehicle, but before he could get out, Feaster shot him once in the neck, leaving him paralyzed. Thomas died on Dec. 19.

Investigators say it took 11 minutes to report that he had fired his gun.

Prosecutors initially said they would not be pressing charges, leading to protests and the eventual trial.

Feaster lost his job with the department in February.

The investigation revealed Thomas left a local bar with his headlights turned off. Feaster followed him. Thomas struck the median and rolled his vehicle ejecting his wife who died at the scene.

Feaster failed to tell dispatchers that shots had been fired. No shell casings were found, but Feaster can be seen searching the ground as Thomas told other officers he’d been shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I remember mmochampion talking about this. That was a fucked up video cause the cop literally quick drawee that man. I didn't know he died tho, but I'm glad at least one cop was finally punished for thier bullshit.

Sounds like someone got a new toy and wanted to test it, should probably have picked the shootingrange tho. Fuck that guy, roast him.

So a drunk driver that kill his own wife and could have killed others meets a much deserved fate and we go after the officer who's only mistake was taking his sweet time reporting the shooting?

Pff... well that's fucking dumb.

And fuck this Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey asshole for caving into mob justice.

*update*

Since this post triggered a ton of people, and since I'm getting a ton of quotes, I'll just save everybody some time and say here what has been lost in subsequent pages.

I have a strong hatred and bias against drunk drivers and I realize that my attitude towards them is hostile and unreasonable.

But I won't be changing my mind about it or responding to any more quotes here.

So keep that in mind if you want to make a post solely to tell me "what a horrible person I am".
    Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2016-10-20 at 03:41 AM.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    So a drunk driver that kill his own wife and could have killed others meets a much deserved fate and we go after the officer who's only mistake was taking his sweet time reporting the shooting?

And fuck this Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey asshole for caving into mob justice.
    No, we punish a murderer.

no, we go after the cop that went cowboy, shooting the driver out of nowhere as he was crawling out of the car, and then acts like the driver is just being stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    No, we punish a murderer.
    Pfff...

The murderer was the guy who drove drunk at night, headlights off, crashed, and killed his wife.

The hero of this story is the police officer who didn't let him escape.

Did the drunk driving subhuman piece of shit need to be killed?

My opinion is yes, drunk drivers should be executed because they are become mass-attempted murderers once they drive drunk.

Now did that form of enlightened justice need to have been carried out right there in the street?

No, but the degenerate chose that fate for himself by trying to flee.

*update*

Since this post triggered a ton of people, and since I'm getting a ton of quotes, I'll just save everybody some time and say here what has been lost in subsequent pages.

I have a strong hatred and bias against drunk drivers and I realize that my attitude towards them is hostile and unreasonable.

But I won't be changing my mind about it or responding to any more quotes here.

So keep that in mind if you want to make a post solely to tell me "what a horrible person I am".
    Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2016-10-20 at 03:41 AM.
    MAGA

He didn't try to flee. Watch the video in the first link.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    no, we go after the cop that went cowboy, shooting the driver out of nowhere as he was crawling out of the car, and then acts like the driver is just being stubborn.
    It was totally cowboy, that's for damn sure.

But honestly I'm ok with everything that happened, including the conviction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    He didn't try to flee. Watch the video in the first link.
    I can see that interpretation as being valid as well.
    MAGA

he wasn't fleeing. the only thing i found was he forgot to put on his headlights after leaving the bar with his wife, nothing about any blood tests confirming alcohol or anything else in his system.

I can see that interpretation as being valid as well.
    Being entitled to your opinion doesn't mean you're entitled to have your opinion be validated.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Being entitled to your opinion doesn't mean you're entitled to have your opinion be validated.
    Odd thing for a person who's trying to validate them to say.
    MAGA

Pfff...

The murderer was the guy who drove drunk at night, headlights off, crashed, and killed his wife.

My opinion is yes, drunk drivers should be executed because they are become mass-attempted murderers once they drive drunk.

Now did that form of enlightened justice need to have been carried out right there in the street?

"is a criminal" isn't a legal justification for a police shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    "is a criminal" isn't a legal justification for a police shooting.
    Apparently that's a controversial opinion.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pfff...

And what about the man who shot him in cold blood then waited for him to bleed out before doing anything about it?

Why manslaughter? It seems like an open and shut case of murder to me...

This may be hard for you to understand, but just because the victim of a crime was a criminal himself doesn't mean it wasn't a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

This is murder.

That is all.

I'm guessing his other mistake was shooting the guy, not just failing to tell anyone he shot him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Pfff...

I'd say the degenerate is the one legitimizing a cop shooting someone, who isn't even moving, with the justification of not letting him get away. :P