Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

better to ask for forgiveness than permission

Why do people say that it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Because people are ego focused assholes.

Because it cuts out the middle man. When I was in the military, shit needed to get done fast. Often times, than meant doint what needed to be done, then worrying about the fallout later. It can be a more efficient means of achieving one's goals.

Nobody says that, they say it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Never heard of this. Who says that? Rapists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Never heard of this. Who says that? Rapists?
    I've heard of it before...

Basically if you ask permission and get denied and go against someones back you went against orders...were as if you didn't ask you technically didn't ignore a direct order.

Besides...since when do rapists ever truly ask for forgiveness?

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Jesus christ.
    Jesus was also pretty big on doing things without asking permission, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Because it cuts out the middle man. When I was in the military, shit needed to get done fast. Often times, than meant doint what needed to be done, then worrying about the fallout later. It can be a more efficient means of achieving one's goals.
    You made me think of that Navy sailor who took pics of restricted/classified areas of submarine and then used the "didn't know, didn't intend" Clinton defense to try and get off.

Did you ever get busted?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    You made me think of that Navy sailor who took pics of restricted/classified areas of submarine and then used the "didn't know, didn't intend" Clinton defense to try and get off.

Did you ever get busted?
    Did I ever get busted for doing my job efficiently? No. However, I did get awards and medals for it. It wasn't as if I was stealing a plane, or shooting a prisoner. The Marine Corps is a bureaucratic mess much of the time. People never want to stick their necks out, so things often take far too long to get handled. I simply chose to take the initiative and get it done, even if it meant getting my ass chewed later. it was still faster to do it, then get yelled at, than to sit around waiting for someone to finally give the go ahead. Mostly, it involved stealing shit that was needed for a mission/operation, going around people's backs to establish communications plans, and avoiding the officers... since they had careers they actually cared about. I became the guy that people went to when they needed something "acquired."

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus was also against the idea of armed forces.
    The same mentality can be applied to all avenues of life.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2016-10-19 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Jesus was also pretty big on doing things without asking permission, yes.
    Jesus was also a pacifist but that's besides the point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    They say it's easier, not better.

I have never heard of this saying before in my life honestly. And it does sound ridiculous either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm mostly a pacifist... except towards mimes.

Jesus christ.
    Yes, I am pretty sure the entire concept is satire and not actually a "thing".

Speaking of Jesus and satire:

When I was young I used to pray for a bicycle, but when I got older I realised god did not work that way so I stole a bicycle and prayed for forgiveness.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Scenario - your buddy asks you to go grab a drink. You end up drinking for 4 hours and come home at 2am. Your wife is mad. You can A) just have done it without saying anything and her only complaint is you stayed out all night. Or B) tell her you are going, she says she doesn't want you to go out and you did it anyway. No she has "you stayed out all night AND dilberately went after I told you I didn't want you to.

Most people find A to be easier to deal with.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Basically what im saying is please don't talk about being in the army.
    Then don't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well he did scourged the phariees. Which if you look into what that means is worse then being whipped. But go head and think he was all peacefully and shit..you would be wrong.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

In a day and age where self interest is the name of the game, I have found it much easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

The thing with a forum is that posting is like shouting in public.
    Then walk away. You seem to have a real problem with me, and that is your choice. Good for you. However, that does not give you any power over me, and it sure as shit won't shut me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Well he did scourged the phariees. Which if you look into what that means is worse then being whipped. But go head and think he was all peacefully and shit..you would be wrong.
    Not gonna take a forum's person's word for it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi