View Poll Results: What do you expect to be announced at blizzcon about classic servers?

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • The question will not be asked of them.

2 6.45%
  • They will say no comment/no reply.

4 12.90%
  • No classic servers will be done.

9 29.03%
  • No classic servers 'at this time,' maybe later.

5 16.13%
  • We are investigating how to provide them.

2 6.45%
  • We will offer an alternative, (e.g. Pristine) instead

6 19.35%
  • Classic servers formally announced as planned.

3 9.68%
    10+ Year Old Account

What (if any) statement from Blizzard about Classic servers will occur at Blizzcon?

Poll hopefully is self-explanatory.

The question is not 'what you you WANT?' but what you think will actually be said by blizzard. I leave a 'no comment by blizzard' option but unless they rig the panel questions I don't see how they can avoid some question at some point.

I am not trying to start a separate classic/nost thread, but rather just accumulate poll responses. Discussion of the nost/classic server isue should continue on the dedicated thread.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

The Internet will explode. There's just no way this isn't touched. Sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be nothing since I don't really see it being all that talked about anymore (though I'm sure there is still a demand). Probably be the obligatory question during the Q&A which will most likely get the same answer it's gotten almost every Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they announce anything, it'll be pristine or something like that.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Deleted
    They are not going to announce legacy servers, not with the insane growth of Legion. and patch 7.1 coming out, and most likely a 7.2 trailer.

"Shut up about Classic servers, it's not happening." is what I'm expecting.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Too big of a thing to not be talking about, so most likely there'll be a Yes or a No from Blizzard. Imagine the outcries if Blizzard doesn't even mention anything related to.. Outdated content.. It's far better to outright deny the possibility for using their technology on these servers than to let it remain unspoken about in official meeting(s) with the players/fanbase.

I'll put my gold on a No on pure "classic" servers; a Maybe on the so called "Pristine" servers.

Deleted
    It's not happening.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully people will be smart enough not to bother asking. If they do, the answer will almost certainly be "nope, never gonna happen", just like every other time it's ever been asked.

Blizzard doesn't want to do vanilla servers though, they want to do that pristine bullshit. were they turn off heirlooms, rescale the leveling EXP and cap you at 60. Every other aspect of the game remains the same. Same talents and abilties, same UI.

I want the old quests back too! I want the old barrens back, I want old stratholme and scholomance back. I want old UBRS back. These aren't things blizz said they would do with their pristine servers.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

7+ Year Old Account
    With Nost going stating "As a consequence, if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will."(just a sentence, full post can be found here) and potentially hosting from russia, I honestly dislike them a bit. They'd be pretty damn happy about blizzard dropping the lawsuit and now they're saying this crap. (<- Im not sure about this part, i've heard rumors but i havent been able to find anything about it, so i might be wrong about this part. If so, do correct me.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted 'investigating,' mainly on the assumption they might rather kick the can down the road rather than give an outright no, after the response this spring.

I did not choose pristine (a subset of no) because the idea got no traction when offered at the time.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    With Nost going stating "As a consequence, if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will."(just a sentence, full post can be found here) and potentially hosting from russia, I honestly dislike them a bit. They'd be pretty damn happy about blizzard dropping the lawsuit and now they're saying this crap. (<- Im not sure about this part, i've heard rumors but i havent been able to find anything about it, so i might be wrong about this part. If so, do correct me.)
    Nost are just being petulant children at this point. They were invited over and given their good graces and to turn around and post a thinly veiled threat is quite pathetic and childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nost are just being petulant children at this point. They were invited over and given their good graces and to turn around and post a thinly veiled threat is quite pathetic and childish.

I hope to avoid having this poll closed.

I'd be shocked if they don't release a vanilla server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how many people on their forum are cheering on for them to defy Blizzard and basically hijack their IP just for their own personal amusment. Hard to claim you are a Blizzard fan when you're actively championing criminals who seek to steal their work.

Honestly I'd rather they say nothing, and Nostalrius comes back (which I think they're planning to do if Blizz doesn't give us legacy realms). However, if Blizz does legacy, they will have my business again.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I want the old quests back too! I want the old barrens back, I want old stratholme and scholomance back. I want old UBRS back. These aren't things blizz said they would do with their pristine servers.
    Except you probably don't really want all those things back. More likely you just want to run old-school Strat once or twice for the nostalgia.

Let's face it, nostalgia is a very powerful thing. It lets us remember the good things while forgetting the bad. We all miss the old days, but realistically do you really want to go back to the days of literally broken specs and talents, faction specific classes, 5 minute blessings, terrible transportation, 16 slot bags, bags full of ammo and soul shards, going into a dungeon for profession training, and millions of other things most people are glad to leave behind?

We have a classic servers mega thread. Closing.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.