Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    *snip*
    I see nothing surprising about a political party doing what they cant to ensure their continue hold on power, the only thing that DOES surprise me is that people actually fell for their lies and bullshit.

Here is a lesson, any politician that tell you they are for limiting the power of the party or the office they want you to elect them to, is a liar.

Yes, I know you called it right, but it takes more than one person to make sure the truth gets out there.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Like i said in the other topic, its kinda logical, if you thought any leading party would change the election system, you havent paid attention. Trudeau will run this country for 10 years at least, like Harper and Chretien before him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Oh please you'd be crying crocodile tears if Mr Trudeau changed the system from FPTP to Ranked ballot.
    So you support Trudeau's lies? How refreshingly honest of you. Thanks for sharing.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Kinda the point exactly duders

Anyone who believed it was going to happen weren't paying attention to history.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Well he DID balance his cabinet, so really we can call it a day at this point.

I mean. Nothing else matters right? Exactly!
    And don't forget, poverty is a sexist problem!

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you not seen the backlash against ranked ballot? You should be grateful that our PM is adjusting his policies based on the will of the people. He isn't a dictator.
    its 2016 Tennisace, our supposedly noble and benevolent politicians shouldn't be lying to us.

- - - Updated - - -

♪ Strawwwwmaaaaan. Shitposting on demand. ♪

I'm fine with the electoral reform being scrapped. Had you read the OP you'd know this.

How do you feel about being lied to by your hero?
    You know, this is a brilliant question.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    And don't forget, poverty is a sexist problem!
    Actually in General in Canada it kinda is for many different reason. Women makes up most of the single parents and overall Parental support given is never high enough to make it so that single parent dont have some of the lowest income on average in the entire country. It just happens a large majority of them are women. Country wide childcare is a decent start to alleviate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Actually in General in Canada it kinda is for many different reason. Women makes up most of the single parents and overall Parental support given is never high enough to make it so that single parent dont have some of the lowest income on average in the entire country. It just happens a large majority of them are women.
    "Poverty affects far too many women" is like 24000x better than "Poverty is sexist" though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    classic liberal party of canada really. say some shit, pretend it aint no thing later. that being said, i am fine with first past the post. some sort of a more representative democracy is more harmful in my opinion. if the seats in the house are awarded based on % of popular vote, then it gives way for shitty loser parties to nab a couple seats. extreme right/left fringe parties. 1% popular vote means they get like 4 seats in the house. theres certainly at least 1% of the population with stupid ideas about how things should be
    the libs did get almost 40%, good enough for me. i vote ndp but really anyone but harper is a good thing. would have prefered a lib minority government so theyd have to play ball with the ndp to get shit done but oh well. of course, an ndp win would have been even better but they ran a poor campaign and underestimated trudeau. they were trying to beat harper, not trudeau.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

7+ Year Old Account
    More harper would have been preferable to the train wreck that is trudeau

"Poverty affects far too many women" is like 24000x better than "Poverty is sexist" though lol.
    Welll yes, the latter kinda sounds dumb. But in General the idea is true. Poverty has no thought of its own, it cant be sexist. But it does have a much harsher effect on women in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you support Trudeau's lies? How refreshingly honest of you. Thanks for sharing.
    Would have certainly been better if he changed the system but this is politics.

Would have certainly been better if he changed the system but this is politics.
    Yeah it's not like government decisions affect the people living under them or anything... It's just politics yo! Nothing they say or do matters!

Is it time for another #Elbowgate yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Is it time for another #Elbowgate yet?
    He's currently elbowing every person in the tits who voted for them on the basis of electoral reform. Soooo, maybe??

It's really troubling to read the level of hate you have for the Prime Minister. It's not healthy.
    Its politics. So its quite normal. Just in Canada u have to say sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's not like government decisions affect the people living under them or anything... It's just politics yo! Nothing they say or do matters!
    He's followed true on many of his other promises. Why are you throwing a tantrum over just this one issue? Fair is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    More harper would have been preferable to the train wreck that is trudeau
    Train wreck make it sounds like he actually did something, which so far, aside from doing solid international diplomacy like his father, hes done nothing. You need to do stuff to actually wreck something. You arent gona be happy if him doing nothing right now is a train wreck, because hes gona be the PM for at least a decade, just like Harper and just like Chretien lol.

He's followed true on many of his other promises. Why are you throwing a tantrum over just this one issue? Fair is fair.
    "Laughing my ass off at gullible people" = "having a tantrum"...wicked.

Deleted
    The last part tickles me the most, since the LPC has done almost everything in their power to limit real debate on the matter, as well as deflect the possibility that it would go to a nationwide referendum. Because they knew full well that their mandate is utter bullshit when it comes to a matter of this importance and they will lose a referendum. I'll give them credit for not just forcing it through the House of Commons, bonus points for that one for sure. But here we are with yet another, decidedly monumental, failure to deliver on a party platform element, within their first year in office. Add it to the pile with revenue neutral tax hikes, deficit neutral spending on infrastructure (it went to a bunch of other shit instead), refugees, f35, crime task force funding, fossil fuel subsidies, and so on...
    There is a solution - Brexit the motherfucker, hold a referendum that most people wont understand, vote for reasons that have nothing to do with what's on the ballot, with a badly designed question that ultimately does not reflect the actual question.