Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime I think about Undertale's soundtrack it astounds me how good it was when you consider that Toby Fox himself made it. He has incredible musical talent as well as being a talented game designer.

Warcraft - been playing since vanilla and still not sick of the music
    Donkey Kong country 2 - rare does amazing music in all there games and this is easily there best snes effort
    Jet force Gemini - absolutely stunning soundtrack that's criminally underrated as is the game itself. Easily the best n64 soundtrack.
    Chrono trigger - best rpg soundtrack ever it's hard to think of a snes soundtrack this big that is so consistently good.
    Banjo kazooie - still has the best overworld theme of any game ever with its brilliant way of changing the music depending on what part of the overworld your in and the intro is just brilliant.
    Thomas was alone - powerful, minimilist, emotional and uplifting. I freaking love this soundtrack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically anything from Oblivion. Game had some of the most immersive soundtracks.

Shoutout to Metroid Prime Main theme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6jxRPH2KwU

And to any of the Dark Souls 3 themes, particularly the title theme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stWae6r7Blw

And lets not forget Dark Souls 2's Alonne theme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh7nTM6D-GU

Alonne's theme has got to be the best fighting soundtrack imo.
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-10-18 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    This is very much me being biased but :
    Caverns was the best one of the lot. Will always remember that music. Doing the mission on Secret Agent in like 8 minutes or w/e was pretty tough though
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nier all the way.

Glad to see some great soundtracks on here, especially some lesser know titles like Neverhood and Outcast (and the Lost Eden below).

I figured I'd leave some Tim Follin on here with the amazing Solstice and Silver Surfer soundtracks. Nobody could push the NES like Follin.

Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2016-10-19 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Terran 1 from SC1 is just badass and as for Good King Moggle Mog just a perfect song for a silly trial such as Thornmarch.
    It is a good song but it's not specifically a FFXIV song. The original song is from The Nightmare before Christmas square just remixed it

as for me, so many songs. I love the FFXIV soundtrack in general. Two stand out songs from games for me are

Final Fantasy 7 main theme. It's always been a dream of mine to hear this song being performed by a live orchestra... maybe one day!

and

from FFXIV Azys Lla zone music

and for something oldschool anything from the Commodore 64 version of Last Ninja 2 wins my vote. Love that music, so epic

I can't listen as i'm at work. But i'm hoping this is the song I want. I've always been in love with the music it plays in a rather unknown PC game called Lost Eden

Last edited by Nasriel; 2016-10-19 at 01:16 AM.

for those moments where you're playing emperor battle for dune, have a wave of tanks rolling towards an enemy base and this comes on...

have to say one my all time favs is the original music for KH. I know, everyone loves "dearly beloved" or the two main themes but dive into the heart is a song that really sucks you in with it's subtlety and mystery.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2016-10-19 at 01:33 AM.

Most nostalgic has to be Classic WoW soundtrack.

Echoes of the past, A call to Arms, Legends of Azeroth.

In game, it's probably this one, this takes me right back to 2005/6. The Wetlands, Un'Goro Crater, The Sunken Temple... tracks like this made Azeroth feel like it was bigger. There was no real identifiable story being told when you here these tracks, they were there just purely atmospheric and helped ease the drudgery of collecting Dinosaur bones or killing Gorilla's in Un'Goro crater.

Last edited by Morbownz; 2016-10-19 at 01:50 AM.

FATALITY!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Castlevania: SOTN obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Howdie. What is your take?

Mine is: Tenchu - Stealth Assasins

Not only it was the very first 3D stealth game that provided a very enjoyable gameplay experience, but also it delivered a god-tier soundtrack that I listen occasionally to this day. This music really elevated the mood. I spent countless hours just sneaking around listening to it.

What's your favourite soundtrack?
    First, Tenchu 1 & 2 were absolutely amazing games that don't get enough recognition.

Second. My pick for best sound track is a top three. Mega Man, Mario, and Secret of Mana.

Mega Man because well, the game was basically developed with the music in mind as a primary focus. Mario, because while the music may seem to be the same all the time, to change up the same tune into so many different ways is actually quite brilliant, and not as easy as it seems (coming from a musician). And Secret of Mana, because the music really was well placed, set the tone very very well, and was unique for it's time.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Some awesome soundtracks here. I'd like to add Alan Wake to the list. It's not my favourite, as I don't really have one, there are far too many good ones out there to decide. But I haven't seen much posted in that genre here yet.

Old Gods of Asgard - The Poet and the Muse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeSUvoY2oUk

Deleted
    The OST of the best videogame in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW actually has had some pretty awesome tracks over the years. Going way back though I am partial to the old SquareSoft game themes including ChronoTrigger, Final Fantasy III, Secret of Mana, etc. Honorable mention goes to Super Donkey Kong Country, Skyrim, and Red Dead Redemption.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Final Fantasy games have always had great music consistently. I'm not gonna pull a choice for best " in the history of gaming", but I LOVE these tracks

Finally, someone mentioned Mass Effect 3... I am not good with the links, but my favorites are probably: Leaving Earth, An End Once and For All, and Suicide Mission...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Finally, someone mentioned Mass Effect 3... I am not good with the links, but my favorites are probably: Leaving Earth, An End Once and For All, and Suicide Mission...
    I loveee Leaving Earth. Didn't wanna spam so I left it off but, it's definitely one of my favs. That mechanical noise of the Reapers adds such an intensity to the otherwise beautiful song.

Also, Future of the Krogan

http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Anything Matt Uelmen. Diablo 1 and 2 is obvious, but his Burning Crusade work was amazing:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Glad to see some great soundtracks on here, especially some lesser know titles like Neverhood and Outcast (and the Lost Eden below).

I figured I'd leave some Tim Follin on here with the amazing Solstice and Silver Surfer soundtracks. Nobody could push the NES like Follin.

tim follin did plok which has one of the most catchy soundtracks on the snes