Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warcraft logs dropped the ball here.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...96&end=1124733

So im going to start by saying that dps is absolutely pathetic, im not even sure its possible to down that encounter with such low dps. That rogue was pulling over 300k dps on most bosses so was the druid and i.

Now ill get into my specific log, im the havoc dh Srpouncealot. My dps on the raiding dummy is 245k or so, no food, pots, flask or rune. According to this log i did only 216k overall and like 138k to the boss WHILE using 2 pots, flask, food buff, and eye beam + fury of the illidari on the adds which is a huge dps boost. But hey, according to this log i didnt even use 2 pots, according to this log i only used chaos blades twice on a 6 min pull, according to this i only used meta once like 3 mins in which doesnt make sense whatsoever. Whats more, the boss died shortly after my 2nd meta so im not even sure it was a 6 min pull.

Obviously you can choose to believe what u want, but this log proves to me and everyone in that raid that combat logs are not 100% accurate, or at least warcraft logs isn't. Not all the time anyways.

What if... you actually did screw up? Pressure of a boss fight, you have to move around, switch targets, stop dps, avoid things, switch platforms. This is not a Patchwerk fight.

Deleted
    My dps on the raiding dummy is 245k
    I will stop you right there.

That's in no shape or form similar to real encounter with spider boss where you have to move quote a lot and you lose 1 second of focus here and there, you have target switching AND platform switching (recount/skada doesn't care that you have to run), miss a cooldown or two, still move when you never move in front of dummy. It's like looking at simulations and think that's the exact dps you will get.

Warcraftlogs provides a tool for parsing WoW log. If it says that, that's either what happened, or it's what WoW reported happening. Nothing less, nothing more. But I see nothing irregular in the log, maybe you just suck in a real fight scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post

So im going to start by saying that dps is absolutely pathetic, im not even sure its possible to down that encounter with such low dps. That rogue was pulling over 300k dps on most bosses so was the druid and i.

Now ill get into my specific log, im the havoc dh Srpouncealot. My dps on the raiding dummy is 245k or so, no food, pots, flask or rune. According to this log i did only 216k overall and like 138k to the boss WHILE using 2 pots, flask, food buff, and eye beam + fury of the illidari on the adds which is a huge dps boost. But hey, according to this log i didnt even use 2 pots, according to this log i only used chaos blades twice on a 6 min pull, according to this i only used meta once like 3 mins in which doesnt make sense whatsoever. Whats more, the boss died shortly after my 2nd meta so im not even sure it was a 6 min pull.

Obviously you can choose to believe what u want, but this log proves to me and everyone in that raid that combat logs are not 100% accurate, or at least warcraft logs isn't. Not all the time anyways.
    Do you have advanced combat logging enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Warcraftlogs provides a tool for parsing WoW log. If it says that, that's either what happened, or it's what WoW reported happening. Nothing less, nothing more. But I see nothing irregular in the log, maybe you just suck in a real fight scenario.
    WarcraftLogs reads the Combat Log information, right?

Could disabling Filters in the Combat Log settings prevent Warcraft Logs from picking up certain things?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Last 2 weeks i did 256k and 241k, now all of a sudden this week i only did 216k? No...but again im not trying to argue here, just posting a log that has absolutely nothing to do with what actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    WarcraftLogs reads the Combat Log information, right?

Could disabling Filters in the Combat Log settings prevent Warcraft Logs from picking up certain things?
    No, you can only filter the in-game chat combat log. The one it logs to the file is entirely different.

Last 2 weeks i did 256k and 241k, now all of a sudden this week i only did 216k? No...but again im not trying to argue here, just posting a log that has absolutely nothing to do with what actually happened.
    So you do actually perform worse and worse.

Looks to be less of an issue with WL and more of an issue of your log. Either you didn't record every action / event and therefore your missing data in your log or you performed at the 39th percentile for a DH of your item level. What's more likely?

Edit: Given your top DPS all performed at the 19th - 23rd percentiles for their ilvl and spec, I'm going to venture a guess your log is missing data. The only way to tell rather than claim logging or WL is unreliable is to compare to a log from another member of that fight.
    Last edited by veloreum; 2016-10-20 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Looks like it, you don't get the replay otherwise?

Either way that log looks fine to me. Your DK went the long way around on second transition?

Ofcourse much like my account is flagged for no legendaries, yours might spit out bogus combat logs.

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    So you do actually perform worse and worse.
    It's the same shit that happens in a lot of guilds. "It's never me! it's the logs!" These are generally the members that don't survive their trial period

I'm more amazed by the 72k dps hunter.. that is amazing. Either he died early in the fight, which is bloody hard in that encounter, or he just sucked.

Deleted
    Sure you been attacking the correct target dummy...

Deleted
    Correct me if i'm wrong; but prepoting doesn't count as a pot-cast during the encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong; but prepoting doesn't count as a pot-cast during the encounter.
    Prepotting shows up in logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I don't think WCL accepts non-advanced logs.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    It's the same shit that happens in a lot of guilds. "It's never me! it's the logs!" These are generally the members that don't survive their trial period

I'm more amazed by the 72k dps hunter.. that is amazing. Either he died early in the fight, which is bloody hard in that encounter, or he just sucked.
    Its totally me though, not the log at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I don't think WCL accepts non-advanced logs.
    It does. But you won't be ranked or able to use a few features like the replay

How come the guild you were with doesn't have logs for that one fight but they have for every other in that run?

Seems like something fucked up with the logging, why is that such a problem? I mean, you can always simply check the other fights to see yourself.

I dont use 1 fight, from 1 log to determine anything, if you think the log bugged, report it to your guild, simple as that to clear any problems.