Deleted

Balance seem to be missing something important

Heya, english isn't my mother tongue so i hope that i will be understandable. I don't know if i had to start a new thread but i didn't find any general thread for log analyse/help (might have not search enought). I started WoW at legion, playing a resto druid cause i've alway played heal in MMO RPG and druid seemed to be pretty fun. Long story short i'm in a small casual guild and we had too much healer for too less dps so i decided to switch to Balance. I read a lots of guide and thread on this forum so i manage to play this spec properly but i seem to be missing an important thing to raise my dps.

Yesterday night after some problem in the guild we finaly manage to beat Ursoc Heroïc and after looking at the log and debriefing i feel like i should do way more dps. I understand the basic rotation:
    -keep moonfire and sunfire up
    -don't let the moon cap
    -don't overcap the solar and lunar bosst
    -don't waste astral power

I'm curently sitting at 861 ilvl and i did 248k dps. After all this wipe i think i manage to understand how i should moove to keep casting and don't waste dps and i don't think that i made a big mistake during that fight so i don't really understand why i'm so low (46% log). I read something about snapshooting but i need a special trinket for this right ?

(can't post link so i deleted the first part of the link)
    Here is the log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/4DAgqHhkLcNQytF3#type=summary
    my armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathi/A%C3%ABlya/simple
    and my current artefact talents (upgraded the life relic since the log): fr.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/druid/balance/KrchI7ciAFIf_yJ9hAoBQLA0DANA0DQOA0EARBEEQTAUFAFBYBQXAUGQFQ4B

Thank you for thoose who will take the time to help me :3

Deleted
    other logs can be influenced by
    a) stronger groups, of course their individual score is higher
    b) legendary items, to a degree

snapshotting is about having something to increase your mastery, then proc your first buff of empowerment. all following procs will use the strenght of the first as long as you have at least 1 charge that does not expire

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post

snapshotting is about having something to increase your mastery, then proc your first buff of empowerment. all following procs will use the strenght of the first as long as you have at least 1 charge that does not expire
    If by "Legendary items to a degree" you mean "Emerald Dreamcatcher is a 30k DPS increase" then I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Aely View Post
    Heya, english isn't my mother tongue so i hope that i will be understandable. I don't know if i had to start a new thread but i didn't find any general thread for log analyse/help (might have not search enought). I started WoW at legion, playing a resto druid cause i've alway played heal in MMO RPG and druid seemed to be pretty fun. Long story short i'm in a small casual guild and we had too much healer for too less dps so i decided to switch to Balance. I read a lots of guide and thread on this forum so i manage to play this spec properly but i seem to be missing an important thing to raise my dps.

Yesterday night after some problem in the guild we finaly manage to beat Ursoc Heroïc and after looking at the log and debriefing i feel like i should do way more dps. I understand the basic rotation:
    -keep moonfire and sunfire up
    -don't let the moon cap
    -don't overcap the solar and lunar bosst
    -don't waste astral power

I'm curently sitting at 861 ilvl and i did 248k dps. After all this wipe i think i manage to understand how i should moove to keep casting and don't waste dps and i don't think that i made a big mistake during that fight so i don't really understand why i'm so low (46% log). I read something about snapshooting but i need a special trinket for this right ?

(can't post link so i deleted the first part of the link)
    Here is the log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/4DAgqHhkLcNQytF3#type=summary
    my armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathi/A%C3%ABlya/simple
    and my current artefact talents (upgraded the life relic since the log): fr.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/druid/balance/KrchI7ciAFIf_yJ9hAoBQLA0DANA0DQOA0EARBEEQTAUFAFBYBQXAUGQFQ4B

Thank you for thoose who will take the time to help me :3
    What trinkets do you use ?

Do you use consumables ?

Outside of that I will go over what I do for Ursoc.

Our group moves the boss clockwise and the person that gets charge runs to the middle and we switch between two soak groups.

If the boss is facing the tank going in a clockwise direction down the wall then I position myself 25 yards from the boss. I am on the front right side of the boss to make sure I am always ahead of him or if I have a long cast and they move him I am not to far from getting back to position. I then move every time I need to cast starsurge. It lowers the amount of movement you need, you will never range the boss on a long cast and you are out of the way of charge but close if you need to be in.

If it is my groups turn to take the charge then I slowly place myself in preparation about 5 seconds before. I make sure I have enough AP for when he charges to cast a starsurge in the air (also make sure your cast ends before he charges). I then slowly move my way back by using my starsurges as movement.

Displacer beast if you get the charge on you or if you don't have enough AP when he charges you, angle your character to where you will need to go and cast it so you are back to your normal location.

This basically limits lost dps on movement.

EDDIITT** If you use a pre pot and a pot, make sure you are far enough away when they are active to make sure you get the full duration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post

What if I get a mastery proc while I have empowerment, I have been meaning to look at this, If my 2 piece court of stars/arcway procs a bit into the fight and I have empowerments, does it snapshot the following empowerments going forward or does it not change the damage at all ?

Deleted
    Okay i got it now for the snapshotting, will give it a try if i'm lucky enough to drop one mastery trinket. Do you know how much dps we can gain with this method and if we need a particular amount of stat to use it at its full potential ?
    As for the legendary i was very unlucky and get the boot one (at least i'm almost everytime the last one to die during hight damage phase xD).

For my trinket i have a 860 "Chrono shard" (Intel + hast proc) and a 840 "Naraxas tongue", i have some others trinket in my bank but this seem to be the best combination.

During the last pull (when we killed ursoc) i had almost every consumable, but i have to say that i didn't pay attention to my range totaly forgot about this mecanic :x.
    We had some problem with people not soacking the roar so i was trying to alway be in the range but for next time i will try to alway stay at 25meter.

After talking with an other druid in my guild i seem to have a lower critic rate on starsurge than other druid so it might be an other reason (i don't have the artefact talent for it yet).

Anyway thank you for your advice, happy to see than i'm not mising something important and i just need to train what i already know.

Deleted
    I would guess it doesnt overwrite as long as one charge exists as it doesnt dissappear. Though it will get fixed according to recent news to not snapshot anymore.