Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    Runic corruption is additive, so yes you would use it during Runic corruption as there is nothing wrong with extending its duration since your runes would be on CD anyways. Also in this hypothetical situation(by your design) there would be little problem with overlapping scourge of worlds.
    I never bothered looking if Runic Corruption was additive or not, since I wouldn't use a Death Coil after getting the proc. I did bother checking it out, and you're absolutely right. Still, even with this being additive, you probably don't want more than one at a time, since a single one is enough to get you enough runes to use due to the current GCD and the average Haste people want to stack, but it's still a good counter.

Regarding the macro, you'd still run into the problem of using up RP while having runes up, which would end up being an RP waste in the end if you end up rune-less and with no RP due to always spamming it. All it takes is a little bit of RNG, which during rather large fights, would happen once or twice. I still believe that better players wouldn't simply macro it to their SS, but they would definitely not let it overcap anymore to maximize damage, which is the intended change here.

Deleted
    I came with an idea to solve the death coil's bad design. Instead of consuming 35 RP (which gives us 35% chance to proc R.Corruption) it could work like this:
    Death Coil now consumes RP up to a point (lets say 70 for now) minus 35 . For each point beyond the first 35 RP, death coil's damage increased by 3% and the Rune regeneration rate of any possible R.Corruption procs by an additional 3% (to avoid losing any R.Corruption in a scenario where 2 normal death coil's would possibly give 2 R.Corruption procs in a row). With this change we can spend less GCD on death coils, have higher chance to proc R.Corruption without any dmg loss.
    Sudden Doom's death coils could be fixed at 50 runic power or at the maximum RP point that a normal death coil can consume and casted automaticaly (like it used to be) without losing any GCD.
    Last edited by mmoc29d33028c3; 2016-10-20 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    we are within about 10 of the top specs. if you take out the extreme cases that is the 90% parses from shadow priests it decreases to 6-8% on ilvl average across all parse percentiles.
    The problem you're doing is you're using all parse percentiles. DK has scaling problems, so obviously you should be looking at top percentile where we're nowhere near 5%

Hell even if you use mythic 75 percentile we're NOWHERE NEAR top 10 specs. Don't really know what you're talking about. We are on the bottom of the barrel next to Ele shaman. Anyone who says DK are close to fine are full of it

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-10-20 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyssey View Post
    I came with an idea to solve the death coil's bad design. Instead of consuming 35 RP (which gives us 35% chance to proc R.Corruption) it could work like this:
    Death Coil now consumes RP up to a point (lets say 60 for now) minus 35 . For each point beyond the first 35 RP, death coil's damage increased by 1% and the Rune regeneration rate of any possible R.Corruption procs by an additional 3% (to avoid losing any R.Corruption in a scenario where 2 normal death coil's would possibly give 2 R.Corruption procs in a row). With this change we can spend less GCD on death coils, have higher chance to proc R.Corruption without any dmg loss.
    Sudden Doom's death coils could be fixed at 50 runic power or at the maximum RP point that a normal death coil can consume and casted automaticaly (like it used to be) without losing any GCD.
    There is only one problem. It'll make DC even worse than what it is now. and the mchanics isn't that amazing to make us go rainbow. Thats about 27% nerf to DeathCoils damage per rune power spent on it and also your overall damage.
    green is the color!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akakishin View Post
    There is only one problem. It'll make DC even worse than what it is now. and the mchanics isn't that amazing to make us go rainbow. Thats about 27% nerf to DeathCoils damage per rune power spent on it and also your overall damage.
    I made a mistake back then, I wanted to write increases dmg by 3% not 1%. my fault. So either spending 35+35RP to cast 2 DC or 70RP to cast 1, the damage would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    The problem you're doing is you're using all parse percentiles. DK has scaling problems, so obviously you should be looking at top percentile where we're nowhere near 5%

Hell even if you use mythic 75 percentile we're NOWHERE NEAR top 10 specs. Don't really know what you're talking about. We are on the bottom of the barrel next to Ele shaman. Anyone who says DK are close to fine are full of it

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#
    I made this, querying from last weeks wow logs. unfortunately the conversion to excel to google docs somewhat destroyed the graphics but the tables still work well. you can see that from the 75th percentile we are 90% of the highest class' dps. You are right that the difference between the best specs and the lower specs grow based on parse and ilvl but its not the 20% that some people are complaining and whining about.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

this is used to compare specific classes so if you want to compare say, just melee specs, turn all ranged classes in column j to 0

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    That would defeat the entire purpose of the wounds mechanic which many enjoy. If anything they need to buff wounds to benefit more from mastery.
    No, it wouldn't. You would still be applying wounds and popping them, except bracer less DK's wouldn't feel utterly useless.

We are about 10% from middle of the pack and 20% from top tier spec, even with the bracers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    What is bad scaling, if having 1-3 UH's was a mandatory thing.

What is your point? That Priests are doing more DPS agianst Patchwork?

I'm sorry, these arguments are against my mindset.
    "Was" is the keyword indeed

Smile

All I want is for us to be mid tier and potentially reach top tier if rng + itemization goes our way, which Me means it can happen but not all the time. Our playstyle is centered around rng (rotation and even all of our golden traits, including one useless one). It's hiliarous that such an rng playstyle is rewarded with bottom tier dps results. It's obvious that blizz never wants us to be top tier ever. It's funny that pre legion talk was all about balance and staying true to "class fantasy." Blizz hasn't held up their end of the deal. We have two dps specs that are both in the bottom bracket, and we are the only class that has that problem. I don't understand why fixing dks aren't the number one priority for blizz. If they continue to ignore dks issues, this either means that blizz things we aren't playing the spec correctly or that they don't really care about our community at all.
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-10-20 at 11:43 PM.

I made this, querying from last weeks wow logs. unfortunately the conversion to excel to google docs somewhat destroyed the graphics but the tables still work well. you can see that from the 75th percentile we are 90% of the highest class' dps. You are right that the difference between the best specs and the lower specs grow based on parse and ilvl but its not the 20% that some people are complaining and whining about.

this is used to compare specific classes so if you want to compare say, just melee specs, turn all ranged classes in column j to 0
    You still link your heroic comparison. We are in a good spot in normal, slightly below middle of the pack in heroic and dumpster in mythic. And this only getting worse due to our scaling issues. There wouldn't be a problem if could keep up with other top performing classes when it comes to scaling.

I used to main mage through wotlk-cata and I would whine if I wasn't in top 5, fortunately mages were almost always in top 3. Now I don't even want to be top 5 dps just middle of the pack without scaling issues, playing a dk made me a monk.

Hell, most of us wouldn't even mind being the lowest still, just as long as the gap between the bottom and the top wasn't so fucking huge.

On the 75th percentile spriest is 73k dps ahead of UH DK which means they're apart by ~25%, that's not even close to 10% so fuck off with your false information.

Deleted
    Guys;

Go reroll.

Or suck it up.

It's MINDBLOWING that people are taking statictics for everything. Even a blue stated, that a frost mage deals tons of more DPS, compared to what the stastics are. Because during raiding, you are STANDING STILL, going throu your rotation perfectly, attacking a boss that works like a targetdummy(Patchwork). Right? That is how the game works.

Welcome to the world of casualcraft.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-10-21 at 10:57 AM.

Guys;

Go reroll.

Or suck it up.

It's MINDBLOWING that people are taking statictics for everything. Even a blue stated, that a frost mage deals tons of more DPS, compared to what the stastics are. Because during raiding, you are STANDING STILL, going throu your rotation perfectly, attacking a boss that works like a targetdummy(Patchwork). Right? That is how the game works.

Welcome to the world of casualcraft.
    You keep bringing up Patchwork. Why? Where do you see other people talking about Patchwork?

Do you think warcraftlogs (which is where all of the data that people are talking about is from) somehow has something to do with Patchwork fights? Do you not understand what warcraftlogs is?

You even somehow mixed Patchwork in with what Watcher said about Frost Mages, even though he never talked about anything regarding Patchwork being a reason for why Frost Mage is bad. He said that Frost Mage is looking worse than what it actually is because most of the best mage players who are serious at doing their best wouldn't play anything but their best spec, which means that the average skill of a Frost player is lower.

What is this obsession with Patchwork that you have?

Deleted
    He is just retarded, thats the fact.

Every spec has at least one spec that is viable and the other dps spec that isn't. Both dk dps and tank specs are in the gutter. If that doesn't scream "fix me" then I really don't know what does. Does bliz think that miraculously dk specs will start scaling again? By themselves? Or maybe blizz just doesn't want dks do to well. Who the fuck knows. I'm just pissed I wasted like a month gearing my main just to hit a wall dps wise, since our viability is gated by the bracers. I should leveled my fire mage instead, considering mages never really need to worry about being viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Hell, most of us wouldn't even mind being the lowest still, just as long as the gap between the bottom and the top wasn't so fucking huge.
    so much this.

Deleted
    I swear im about to lose my mind.

Im sitting and watching world first Xavius. I see that the DK is doing bottom DPS(somewhere between 250-310K - the range people whines about). That was enough get the kill before anyone else.

Do I have to say more?

Go quit your guild(if the GM requires more DPS to compensate the lack of skills), go reroll if your Recount meter is the game for you(please do so every 3months as DPS is dynamic). Already by then the footage was recorded, the Shadow Priests were doing 20/30% more DPS(this is even before the recent buffs they gained). Yet, they had 2 UH's(just like most of the other top tier guilds).

Something is so wrong with this community.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-10-21 at 12:14 PM.

Something is so wrong with this community.
    No, the only thing being wrong is with you being unable to read.