My belief is that nintendo should just go pc. Have their library online and charge a small monthly fee to play all their games (like an mmo sub) or you can buy individual games for a price. For new games, once again, you can buy them outright or you get them for a discounted price if your are a sub to the nintendo "classics" library. Maybe they can occasionally throw out some new levels or bonus stages for the old games as well.

Let's be honest, they never really transitioned well into the next gen console market and they are so far behind, it is not even worth pursuing. Also, think of all the innovations that nintendo came up with that just get blatantly stolen by the other companies (rumble pack anyone?). It doesn't pay to do all the r and D just to have it taken like it has been over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-produ...ailer-3608381/

Nvidia confirmed it is using their tech.
    and we know the specs of said tech.
    You been drinking some major cool aid if you think an nvidia mobile APU is matching the PS4. Cooling alone means this ain't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-produ...ailer-3608381/

Nvidia confirmed it is using their tech.
    and we know the specs of said tech.
    I know it's using a Tegra chip, but I was asking about claims of it being on-par with PS4 in terms of power. I actually skimmed that article earlier and didn't see anything that indicated that.

Also, why on earth are they positioning this as a "home console"? This is absolutely a handheld console that can function as a secondary home console. What the shit is even going on, Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    From what it looked like it was running the Skyrim Remaster as well. But we won't know for sure until we get our hands on it.
    Definitely wasn't running Skyrim Remastered, just Skyrim. Just look at it, and look at the remastered trailer...

Also Bethesda refused to even confirm Skyrim is coming out on the thing. What the shit is going on at Nintendo that they didn't confirm with a 3rd party before showing their shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    My belief is that nintendo should just go pc. Have their library online and charge a small monthly fee to play all their games (like an mmo sub) or you can buy individual games for a price. For new games, once again, you can buy them outright or you get them for a discounted price if your are a sub to the nintendo "classics" library. Maybe they can occasionally throw out some new levels or bonus stages for the old games as well.

Let's be honest, they never really transitioned well into the next gen console market and they are so far behind, it is not even worth pursuing. Also, think of all the innovations that nintendo came up with that just get blatantly stolen by the other companies (rumble pack anyone?). It doesn't pay to do all the r and D just to have it taken like it has been over and over.
    I highly disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, why on earth are they positioning this as a "home console"? This is absolutely a handheld console that can function as a secondary home console. What the shit is even going on, Nintendo.
    Because it can be both.

What can you not do on this that the Wii-U or even a ps4 can do? A home console with the option to go mobile is still a home console.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ially-revealed

While Bethesda's much beloved Skyrim was clearly shown during Nintendo's Switch reveal video, the publisher told us today that it's not officially confirming the game just yet. "We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future," a spokesperson said. Skyrim Remastered is set to launch on October 28 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC; perhaps the Switch will receive a version of the Remastered game at launch?
    Oh and this is happening. Great press on your first day nintendo. I love the idea for your new console but you can't pull this shit. You can't show a game that may or may not even be on your console in the first time it's revealed. That's ridiculous.

Because it can be both.

What can you not do on this that the Wii-U or even a ps4 can do?
    But positioning it as a home console means that it's directly competing with the PS4/Xbox One, and in terms of power it's doubt that it will come remotely close to it. It's basically positioning far inferior hardware (since it doesn't even, to my knowledge, offer the unique off-screen tablet gameplay that the Wii U has...or does it?) at what's likely going to be a similar price point.

I get that software moves units and the Nintendo faithful will buy it, but beyond that as a home console...meh. As a handheld, sure, it's potentially fantastic (pending battery life/performance results), but as a home console it's pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Definitely wasn't running Skyrim Remastered, just Skyrim. Just look at it, and look at the remastered trailer...

Also Bethesda refused to even confirm Skyrim is coming out on the thing. What the shit is going on at Nintendo that they didn't confirm with a 3rd party before showing their shit?
    Bethesda doesn't confirm anything until they feel like confirming it. There name is right on the list of company's supporting the system. I could show you Elder Scrolls 10 and they won't confirm it until they feel like it.

Once again we won't know if its the Skyrim Remaster or Skyrim or some middle ground between the two until we get hands on.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha wtf, so Skyrim isn't even confirmed >< The fuck is that? Honestly, who does that?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But positioning it as a home console means that it's directly competing with the PS4/Xbox One, and in terms of power it's doubt that it will come remotely close to it. It's basically positioning far inferior hardware (since it doesn't even, to my knowledge, offer the unique off-screen tablet gameplay that the Wii U has...or does it?) at what's likely going to be a similar price point.

I get that software moves units and the Nintendo faithful will buy it, but beyond that as a home console...meh. As a handheld, sure, it's potentially fantastic (pending battery life/performance results), but as a home console it's pretty disappointing.
    Since when has Nintendo gave a dam about Sony or Microsoft?

They positioned the Wii as a home console as well along with the Wii-U. One bombed and the other sold more then the other two systems. Nintendo gives no shits about Ps4 or Xb1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda doesn't confirm anything until they feel like confirming it. There name is right on the list of company's supporting the system. I could show you Elder Scrolls 10 and they won't confirm it until they feel like it.

Once again we won't know if its the Skyrim Remaster or Skyrim or some middle ground between the two until we get hands on.
    It is not a good idea for Nintendo to show ES:V on their console and then have Bethesda come out and say "we have no plans for this" a few hours later. It is not good press. Why did they do it? Why is Bethesda now saying otherwise?

Deleted
    From what it looked like it was running the Skyrim Remaster as well. But we won't know for sure until we get our hands on it.
    Running a game, running it well and running it nicely are different things, I can get crysis to run on my laptop, it doesn't run well or nicely, the SOC is still a low power chip designed for mobile, since this is mobile. Do not be surprised if this has a lot of options turned low and just gets it to run, this is an aspect that people seem to be missing.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8811/n...a-x1-preview/3

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-tegra-x1-...ks-apples-a8x/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    It is not a good idea for Nintendo to show ES:V on their console and then have Bethesda come out and say "we have no plans for this" a few hours later. It is not good press. Why did they do it? Why is Bethesda now saying otherwise?
    This, I mean did anyone see the 10fps video of Zelda? I know its still not fully developed but, jeez. Seems poor press showing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when has Nintendo gave a dam about Sony or Microsoft?

They positioned the Wii as a home console as well along with the Wii-U. One bombed and the other sold more then the other two systems. Nintendo gives no shits about Ps4 or Xb1.
    They didn't market the Wii U at all that's why. Nobody knew what it was for years, and nobody cared about it. I still haven't bought one. And I have no intention to.

Except we do.

Kool aid drinkers thinking 4GB ram and mobile APU is going to match current gen systems. The kool aid drinking is getting pretty ridiculous.

This system is less a PS4 powered handheld and more so a Wii U powered handheld. Hell, I actually doubt it will play any games in 1080p like the Wii U did rarely.

It is not good press for Nintendo to show ES:V on their console and then have Bethesda come out and say "we have no plans for this" a few hours later. It is not good press. Why did they do it? Why is Bethesda now saying otherwise?
    Because Bethesda may not be finished tweaking it to work on the Switch and don't want to miss lead people.

One major part people are ignoring that Bethesda said is
    We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video
    So they knew it was in the video before we did and for whatever odd reason Bethesda doesn't want to confirm it, its odd on there end not Nintendo's.

They didn't market the Wii U at all that's why. Nobody knew what it was for years, and nobody cared about it. I still haven't bought one. And I have no intention to.
    They did though, they just did a horrible job at it and everyone who wasn't already aware of it was confused as to what the hell it was. Most of the non-gaming folks that had Wii's thought it was a damn peripheral. It's one of the bigger marketing fuckups in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This, I mean did anyone see the 10fps video of Zelda? I know its still not fully developed but, jeez. Seems poor press showing imo.
    Like I said in the past, wouldn't even surprise me if Zelda ends up running worse on this thing as I'm highly confident the GPU is weaker then the one in the Wii U when you have to downclock for mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Except we do.
    Except we don't because no one has had hands on with the system or knows its hardware spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want a way to play my DS and 3DS games on a TV.

I like this, but wasn't super hyped from the reveal trailer since its pretty much everything I already expected from patents and rumors.