Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I swear im about to lose my mind.

Im sitting and watching world first Xavius. I see that the DK is doing bottom DPS(somewhere between 250-310K - the range people whines about). That was enough get the kill before anyone else.

Do I have to say more?

Go quit your guild(if the GM requires more DPS to compensate the lack of skills), go reroll if your Recount meter is the game for you(please do so every 3months as DPS is dynamic). Already by then the footage was recorded, the Shadow Priests were doing 20/30% more DPS(this is even before the recent buffs they gained). Yet, they had 2 UH's(just like most of the other top tier guilds).

Something is so wrong with this community.
    Luckily we have wowprogress to check if you are telling truth about most top guilds had 2 UH dks or not. Here is the dps dks in top guilds in the world.

1st Экзорсус - 2 DKs
    2nd Method 1 DK
    3rd Serenity 1 DK
    4th From Scratch 1 DK
    5th Danish Terrace 1 DK
    6th set sail for fail 1 DK
    7th Открытость 1 DK
    8th FatSharkYes 1 DK
    9th Scrubbusters 1 DK
    10th Limit 1 DK
    11th Midwinter 1 DK
    12th Pieces 0 DK
    13th Entropy 1 DK
    14th Nova 1 DK
    15th Prestige Gaming 1 DK
    16th Prime 1 DK
    17th Easy 1 DK
    ....... I can continue to do this forever, so BULLSHIT

Just ignore this guy, he is surely trolling. I mean, I hope he is a troll otherwise its much worse lol

Rechecked whole list both from armory and wowprogress as some guilds didnt register their kill with all members that participated. 3 DKs were missing, its complete now.
    Last edited by Darcyn; 2016-10-21 at 05:42 PM.

This buff means absolutely nothing to be fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyn View Post
    Luckily we have wowprogress to check if you are telling truth about most top guilds had 2 UH dks or not. Here is the dps dks in top guilds in the world.

1st Экзорсус - 2 DKs
    2nd Method 1 DK
    3rd Serenity 1 DK
    4th From Scratch 1 DK
    5th Danish Terrace 0 DK
    7th Открытость 0 DK
    8th FatSharkYes 1 DK
    9th Scrubbusters 1 DK
    10th Limit 1 DK
    11th Midwinter 1 DK
    12th Pieces 0 DK
    13th Entropy 1 DK
    14th Nova 1 DK
    16th Prime 1 DK
    17th Easy 0 DK

Just ignore this guy, he is surely trolling. I mean, I hope he is a troll otherwise its much worse lol
    Pretty sure Kanj is from Danish Terrace no?

Deleted

1st Экзорсус - 2 DKs
    2nd Method 1 DK
    3rd Serenity 1 DK
    4th From Scratch 1 DK
    5th Danish Terrace 0 DK
    7th Открытость 0 DK
    8th FatSharkYes 1 DK
    9th Scrubbusters 1 DK
    10th Limit 1 DK
    11th Midwinter 1 DK
    12th Pieces 0 DK
    13th Entropy 1 DK
    14th Nova 1 DK
    16th Prime 1 DK
    17th Easy 0 DK

Let me quote myself again:
    "I see that the DK is doing bottom DPS(somewhere between 250-310K - the range people whines about). That was enough get the kill before anyone else."

The DPS is not overtuned, nothing impressive, but enough. Period.

If people are sitting with DK's, struck on EN HC/NM with 350K DPS, its because the raid/guild sucks. They can't beat the content, unless they stack on mages and spriests. If the person whines on the forums, thats just being casual.

Go reroll boys. Listen to your GM - because he is going to mash up mages.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-10-21 at 01:15 PM.

Yea checked whole list again, I missed Kanj. Still its not 2 dks as Strifeload told. "Yet, they had 2 UH's(just like most of the other top tier guilds)."

- - - Updated - - -

"I see that the DK is doing bottom DPS(somewhere between 250-310K - the range people whines about). That was enough get the kill before anyone else."

If people are sitting with DK's, struck on EN HC/NM with 350K DPS, its because the raid/guild sucks. They can't beat the content, unless they stack on mages and spriests. If the person whines on the forums, thats just being casual.

"They had 2 UH's(just like most of the other top tier guilds)."

Umm. you were saying what?

Deleted
    The whole spec is retarded. We rely on a crit - rng stat. Our golden traits - rng. The amount of festering wounds applied/smahed by Festering Strike/ Scourge strike - R N G . Our core abilities are rng. It just won't work. I was putting all AP and training in DK( and i loved him), but i cant stand him anymore. I played whole WoD as DK, but not anymore. Already doing havoc DH, much more skill requirement class.

The problem with DKs however is that they bring so little, and the dmg isn't impressive either. Good to no mobility, except one that makes us unable to attack while moving, and gets stuck in every stone there is on the floor.

So why bring one, if not just to be nice? Sure the grips can be amazing to have, but that's it. On most fights that isn't usable either. We're just a slow juggernaut with low-medium dmg, with a grip that can be useful, but not needed on most fights, and it only grips in one target, two if you got the pet (RIP Mass Grip).

And then they spit in our face with a small buff to DC, our worst ability, an ability we only use because our Runic Power bar is getting full, or to get our big pet back. Same deal as they did with Frost, small buffs, to bring them a little bit closer to the others. Like come on.

I will however always stay DK, I love the class, just sad to see that even if I put out a 95+% on a fight, a lot of classes with 75-90% will have more damage than me, simply because their class isn't super RNG based and got higher damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Pre-buff frost and unholy are viable specs, in that you can unquestionably completely content with them in your raid composition. That is not even under argument. You're confusing viable with competitive. They are viable-- they are not competitive. You can complete content with these specs, but it would be much easier with other, more competitive, ones. Viable is a very, very low bar.

This is why you guys may notice I correct people using viable as a synonym for competitive. They aren't at all the same thing and that can confuse the conversation.

You said that most top guilds had at least 2 DK's.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post42906618

Clearly, that was not the case, since if Darcyn's list is correct Exorsus was the only top guild with 2 DK's.

Can you explain why you felt the need to make up that lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Pre-buff frost and unholy are viable specs, in that you can unquestionably completely content with them in your raid composition. That is not even under argument. You're confusing viable with competitive. They are viable-- they are not competitive. You can complete content with these specs, but it would be much easier with other, more competitive, ones. Viable is a very, very low bar.

This is why you guys may notice I correct people using viable as a synonym for competitive. They aren't at all the same thing and that can confuse the conversation.
    Very well said, Schizoide

snip

The issue isn't that DKs are bad as a whole, the problem is once you get to higher gear levels, say 860+ dks under-perform, solely due to bad scaling. An equally geared arms warrior, ret paladin, feral druid, etc. will do more DPS just because they scale well. DKs on the other hand, don't scale too well.

Most of the top tier guilds will have the DKs there because of how they perform in less gear, but when they get geared, their DPS doesn't increase much.

I love my DK, it's by far the most fun melee DPS spec outside of MAYBE enhancement for me, but sitting on 860 item level, getting beaten by 850 people is annoying as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedzio View Post
    The whole spec is retarded. We rely on a crit - rng stat. Our golden traits - rng. The amount of festering wounds applied/smahed by Festering Strike/ Scourge strike - R N G . Our core abilities are rng. It just won't work. I was putting all AP and training in DK( and i loved him), but i cant stand him anymore. I played whole WoD as DK, but not anymore. Already doing havoc DH, much more skill requirement class.
    Unfortunately, this. The 6 death rune experiment has been a disaster for the class, and I guess they decided to add a bunch of RNG to gloss over it.

Is this the only "buff" they are giving Unholy in 7.1?
    If that the case, and taking the Frost buffs in 7.1 in to consideration, I guess its time to reroll Frost.
    Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war

Yes it is, and it looks like frost and unholy will be very competitive with each other in 7.1. Plan to play whichever spec you enjoy.

We'll be able to make a solid determination 2 weeks into the patch, when warcraftlogs has tons of samples with the various buffs applied.

Now not that i don't agree with DKs need a buff but put that to the side for now.
    Does anyone know with this change that it will make deadliest coil trait better than runic tattoos? currently at the point where i can choose between the two, where previously it was runic tattoos but hope with this buff it will be worth going deadliest coil instead mainly because struggling to get rid of runic power with double doom. thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonslayer View Post
    Now not that i don't agree with DKs need a buff but put that to the side for now.
    Does anyone know with this change that it will make deadliest coil trait better than runic tattoos? currently at the point where i can choose between the two, where previously it was runic tattoos but hope with this buff it will be worth going deadliest coil instead mainly because struggling to get rid of runic power with double doom. thanks
    I'm pretty sure that was never really a question, everyone I saw recommending traits recommends Deadliest Coil first.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreddyLoix View Post
    Unfortunately, this. The 6 death rune experiment has been a disaster for the class, and I guess they decided to add a bunch of RNG to gloss over it.
    Completely disagree about the 6 death runes being a disaster. I like that it makes the class feel a lot less clunky with the removal of orphaned runes. It's only the over-reliance on RNG that's the real failure imo, and the scaling issues of course.
    Last edited by Destructus; 2016-10-22 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructus View Post
    Completely disagree about the 6 death runes being a disaster. I like that it makes the class feel a lot less clunky with the removal of orphaned runes. It's only the over-reliance on RNG that's the real failure imo, and the scaling issues of course.
    I agree on that but everybody gets used to knowing what runes to use for a certain ability so it's all muscle memory honestly. I do admit that keeping track of timers and runes at the same time could be irritating at first so honestly I have no problem with the six death rune experiment. Rng is our biggest problem though and scaling. I was quite surprised that scaling would be an issue for unholy since we scaled well in WoD. Everyone was saying that unholy scaled really well before legion was released. I guess everybody was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post

No it doesnt mean you are viable, if other raiders in your team arent doing 70% stuff and they are actually good, it means you are carried by all the other 11 classes in the game that outdps dk if percentile is the same.
    Viable means you do reasonable damage based on your performance that is amongst others (and not lower than anybody else) while you cant compete with the top dogs
    Last edited by Akakishin; 2016-10-22 at 07:57 AM.
    green is the color!

If top guilds are raiding with only 1 dk, then they are sitting some of their dks..

Prob only bring one to not spoil loot