Is there any way to track enchanced ruptures ? Like rupture with nightstalker or exsang ruptures ? be it weakauras or tellmewhen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Is there any way to track enchanced ruptures ? Like rupture with nightstalker or exsang ruptures ? be it weakauras or tellmewhen
    Surely you can remember if the rupture you used 10 seconds earlier was with exsang or not...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I use sin WAs from EZO's thread, which I find amazing. Unfortunately I cannot put links yet but you will find it a few pages back in this section.
    So when I vanish + rupture (nightstalker) the buff duration goes with a different color (yellow instead of white). Hope this can help!

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Surely you can remember if the rupture you used 10 seconds earlier was with exsang or not...?
    I know i should, but in the heat of the moment. I forget to even breath from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mordenaar View Post
    I use sin WAs from EZO's thread, which I find amazing. Unfortunately I cannot put links yet but you will find it a few pages back in this section.
    So when I vanish + rupture (nightstalker) the buff duration goes with a different color (yellow instead of white). Hope this can help!
    I will see if i can find it, thanks

Deleted
    Question about 3 Vendetta relics: I currently have 2 885 Warforged Rupture Crit % relics , would it be still a DPS increase if i switched to 3 Vendetta Relics?

Quote Originally Posted by Kappaklaus View Post
    Question about 3 Vendetta relics: I currently have 2 885 Warforged Rupture Crit % relics , would it be still a DPS increase if i switched to 3 Vendetta Relics?
    Vendetta relics are pretty hard to come by at the moment, so unless you can get comparable ilvl ones, doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kappaklaus View Post
    Well ...

Vendetta Relict math on a 6:00 fight:
    0 ➥ 0:xx 1:30 3:00 4:30 (6:00) = 4 uses
    1 ➥ 0:xx 1:20 2:40 4:00 5:20 = 5 uses
    2 ➥ 0:xx 1:10 2:20 3:30 4:40 5:50 = ~6 uses
    3 ➥ 0:xx 1:00 2:00 3:00 4:00 5:00 (6:00) = 6 uses

I'm facing the same problem with a 870 'Rupture' crit relict: I looted a 840 Vendetta for the same slot and I would have two if I'd use it.
    But minus 30ilvl on the weapon feelsbadman.
    Rock and Troll

Deleted
    Dont do that! If you have 2 885 Rupture dmg relics just go ahead in the same direction = 3 rupture dmg relics

The Rupture Dmg trait is worth 25 ilvl, so dont do anything mindless.

If you are able to get 3 Vendetta relics on 885+, feel free to switch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zempai View Post
    Well ...

Vendetta Relict math on a 6:00 fight:
    0 ➥ 0:xx 1:30 3:00 4:30 (6:00) = 4 uses
    1 ➥ 0:xx 1:20 2:40 4:00 5:20 = 5 uses
    2 ➥ 0:xx 1:10 2:20 3:30 4:40 5:50 = ~6 uses
    3 ➥ 0:xx 1:00 2:00 3:00 4:00 5:00 (6:00) = 6 uses

I'm facing the same problem with a 870 'Rupture' crit relict: I looted a 840 Vendetta for the same slot and I would have two if I'd use it.
    But minus 30ilvl on the weapon feelsbadman.
    And is this even correct? Are we supposed to use Vendetta on CD or always line it up with a Vanish>Rupture (Making it's use every 2 minutes with 0 relics)?

Quote Originally Posted by neozz1 View Post
    And is this even correct? Are we supposed to use Vendetta on CD or always line it up with a Vanish>Rupture (Making it's use every 2 minutes with 0 relics)?
    I got the legendary boots this week. From some testing across my HC Ursoc kill with them, by average CD on Vendetta was 66 seconds. Dropping that by another 30s would bring it in line to about a 40sec cooldown, I would gander. Luckily, that means every third vendettta lines up with vanish at that point, and a 50% uptime on Vendetta is absolutely silly.

It's a 30% damage buff with a full energy bar and a big DoT, you should absolutely be using it on CD.

The only thing you should ever hold is Kingsbane, and only if you have 60 second Vendetta.

Deleted
    Holding Vendetta an extra 30 seconds to line up with Vanish is surely a dps loss, it would be better to just line every 2nd Kingsbane/Exsang up with vendetta CD surely? over a 6 minute fight you would lose out on 1 Vendetta cast,

I only wanted to show off the potential usage, the actual gameplay would be different by several factors.

If you have 0 relicts and the fight duration is around 3:30, you gonne be missing one Vendetta if you align it at 2:00.
    Since in that case you gonne use Vanish only twice anyway, you rather align the "weaker" cooldown so you delay Vanish by 1min.

Most of you hopefully raid with guilds or similar groups so you actually know how long fights gonna take, and with that information you will be fine aligning stuff - just think about it for a minute.
    Rock and Troll

Would someone please help me interpret my logs to figure out where I am going wrong on our Ursoc kill from last night? I died 10 seconds before we killed it but I believe my dps was only around 290 prior to dying, which is still pretty horrible.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=2&source=2

The items I have found so far are:

Vendetta usage improvement
    I didn't vanish a single time after the opener...

Clearly i am making mistakes in other areas, but I am untrained in the ways of deciphering logs lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by rulem; 2016-10-21 at 05:02 PM. Reason: realized my profile was in Outlaw set-up

i think you guys are overvaluing vanish + rupture.

lets say your normal rupture does 100 dmg.

normal rupture + vendetta = 100 X 1.30 = 130
    vanish rupture = 100 x 1.50 = 150
    vanish rupture + vendetta = 100 x 1.50 x 1.30 = 195

so every 2 minutes you can deal little more dmg. now take into consideration that in 2 minutes you will use +- 4-6 ruptures. the average gain in dps is diluted.

a constante 30% dmg for using vendetta on cd will surpass the dps loss from vanish rupture + vendetta easily.

rupture is only 25-30% of our dps. and vanish + rupture is what ? a 5-10% of the total rupture damage in a fight ?
    Last edited by scarfdeath; 2016-10-22 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarfdeath View Post
    i think you guys are overvaluing vanish + rupture.

lets say your normal rupture does 100 dmg.

normal rupture + vendetta = 100 X 1.30 = 130
    vanish rupture + vendetta = 100 x 1.50 x 1.30 = 195

so every 2 minutes you can deal little more dmg. now take into consideration that in 2 minutes you will use +- 4-6 ruptures. the average gain in dps is diluted.

a constante 30% dmg for using vendetta on cd will surpass the dps loss from vanish rupture + vendetta easily.

rupture is only 25-30% of our dps. and vanish + rupture is what ? a 5-10% of the total rupture damage in a fight ?
    Last few posts have cleared this up for me.

I now understand it as... Vend on CD, possibly delay vanish+rupture combo to line of with a Vend cool down depending on time left etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rulem View Post
    Would someone please help me interpret my logs to figure out where I am going wrong on our Ursoc kill from last night? I died 10 seconds before we killed it but I believe my dps was only around 290 prior to dying, which is still pretty horrible.

Clearly i am making mistakes in other areas, but I am untrained in the ways of deciphering logs lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&ability=1943

Dont let rupture ever fall off for more than a gcd or two. 4 seconds on two instances is pretty bad.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=222062

You could have used KB once more. You are delaying this way too much.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&ability=2825

Not really anything for you personally, but why are you lusting on pull? Sub 30% is much more dangerous.

You are going to want to get either Rupture% damage or Vendetta CD reduction relics. yours are pretty bad.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=200806

On the same note as KB, on a 5 minute fight, you should cast your 45sec cooldowns 7 total times.

I know you said this yourself, but you should be vanishing at least three times on this fight, not once.

You also CV and feint a lot. You shouldn't need to feint except sub 30% or your healers are slacking.

This is about all I have time for atm, but I hope it helps.

Great, thanks Ribthanwa, I really appreciate the help and that you linked the logs as well. I will definitely be trying to get my hands on some better relics.

Quote Originally Posted by rulem View Post

You're supposed to keep Rupture at 6 CP too, it's not a problem to wait a lil' bit with your EP down to make that, just make sure you have 6 CP on it, specially if you run Exsanguinate

( I know this because you had 18 Rupture casts on ~5min, that's like ~9min worth of Ruptures if they were used with 6 CP )

10+ Year Old Account
    okay guys, I can't find any of the FAQs about legendary items... maybe a thread should be started where we can ask about rotation changes with new legendaries?

So, here is my question. I just got the Zoldyck wrists (f**king epic hunter x hunter reference). I wonder if it scales with AP, and whether or not a certain talent is the best with this item now equipped? Thank you.