Question Help a new-ish Enhancement Shaman out (with logs and history, etc.!)

Hey folks, this is going to be a little longer than I'd prefer, but here goes.

Every expansion I try to "main" a new class just to get a feel for what's out there. For Legion, I chose to roll as Enhancement Shaman. I rolled about 2 months prior to launch, leveled up in WoD (Thanks Legion invasions!).

With that history lesson out of the way, I'm pretty new to the whole "Shaman" thing, terrible at resto, and even worse at Ele, but my time as a Windwalker Monk in Mists seems to have helped prep me for Enhance.

First things first

My profile: usDOTbattleDOTnet/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Amplus/advanced
    My Logs: wwwDOTwarcraftlogsDOTcom/reports/ANc1ChafP7wDyTnJ#fight=10

A couple of things:

1) I use TMW for a rotation helper to guide a large portion of my DPS, especially on single target fights.

I use this profile: wwwDOTmmo-championDOTcom/threads/2031690-Enhancement-Shaman-TMW-Profile-UPDATED-for-7-0-3-w-Download

I was previously using an addon called "hedd" along with the WeakAura's here: wwwDOTmmo-championDOTcom/threads/2033494-Enhance-Weakauras-Patch-7-0-3

I just found I wasn't really paying much attention to the WA, so I went for a combined solution, which seemed to be TMW.

2) I am apparently TERRIBLE at heavy movement fights. Look at my Il'gynoth fight. Terrible, right? I know, sad.

3) My guild's progression is... slow. We're now 5/7 Heroic. I do have a decent 5 man group where we'll be running our first Mythic 10+'s this week, but don't expect to make timer.

4) How I gear. Normally I run a 250,000 iterations sim on my current profile to get scale factors from SimulationCraft. I then take those scale factors, and drop them into askmrrobot as custom stat weights and let it do the work for me.

So, ultimately, what am I looking for?

Hopefully someone who can take a look at my logs, point out flaws. Things I'm doing well, things I'm sucking badly at, and provide some feedback so I can improve. I'm also hoping to get feedback on some of my methods above (is using TMW helpful? hindering?

I'm also looking for more resources to help build my knowledge pool. I was a Prot Paladin in Cataclysm, and Thek's website and maintankadin were amazing resources back then, I have yet to find a definitive knowledge source for Enhancement shaman, so I tend to use google and shop around at wowhead, icy-veins, mmo-champion, the wow forums, to see what's out there.

So yeah, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the lack of hyperlinks, first time poster limitations and all
    Last edited by Caeless; 2016-10-20 at 06:25 PM. Reason: adding note about hyperlinks

1 - Your stats on the log look very different from your profile. So I was going to say you have only 7k mastery, but it seems you already fixed that problem and now have 9k.

2 - Does devilsaur's bite perform well on simcraft for you? Usually it's very bad, I suggest you run your sims again with other trinkets.

3 - Parsing 94% of your ilevel on Ursoc means you probably don't have any rotation problem (single target).

4 - I use a TMW built by myself currently. I am considering moving to Hekili's addon, but haven't yet.
    Last edited by vichnaiev; 2016-10-20 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vichnaiev View Post
    1 - Your stats on the log look very different from your profile. So I was going to say you have only 7k mastery, but it seems you already fixed that problem and now have 9k.

2 - Does devilsaur's bite perform well on simcraft for you? Usually it's very bad, I suggest you run your sims again with other trinkets.

3 - Parsing 94% of your ilevel on Ursoc means you probably don't have any rotation problem (single target).

4 - I use a TMW built by myself currently. I am considering moving to Hekili's addon, but haven't yet.
    Ahh, armory has devilaur's because I switch it in instead of six-feather fan during Mythics +'s. The proc for six-feather fan likes to pull trash we're trying to skip

re: Armory - I got a lot of upgrades that night which definitely shifted my stats around a bit (I think in the realm of 4-5 upgrades) since we run mythic+ after raid on Tuesdays.

Also, thanks for the reply! It's much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Caeless View Post
    Ahh, armory has devilaur's because I switch it in instead of six-feather fan during Mythics +'s. The proc for six-feather fan likes to pull trash we're trying to skip

re: Armory - I got a lot of upgrades that night which definitely shifted my stats around a bit (I think in the realm of 4-5 upgrades) since we run mythic+ after raid on Tuesdays.

Also, thanks for the reply! It's much appreciated
    Can confirm that occasionally it does pull stuff, but it was so rare for me that I never thought about not using it. I got a better trink now so I don't have to worry about it.

Deleted
    wow i just compared our logs, because i wanted to get better myself and stumbled upon this thread.
    I do way less damage even though i'm ~10ilvl higher :/
    Somehow you do way more damage then me with your stormstrikes. (per hit even)
    Anyone has an idea why that is the case ?

my log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1
    (note our fight was shorter by 40seconds still i did 64 stormstrike casts vs his 55 in 4 mininutes and still did less dmg with stormstrike)
    my profil: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...alena/advanced

other advices are welcome too, as i said i'm trying to get better.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Draugor,

I'm comparing from my own logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=5

Your gear is similar to mine in stats, though your iLvL is higher than mine. Note, I'm not claiming to be good.

It looks like:
    * Your Boulderfist usage is low. So you're probably starving yourself some in maelstrom. 35 vs my 44 <-- this is your issue.
    * You did 2 feral spirits in a 4 min fight. I did 3 (I should've did 4 as our kill time is much longer than your kill time)

Quote Originally Posted by Draugor View Post
    wow i just compared our logs, because i wanted to get better myself and stumbled upon this thread.
    I do way less damage even though i'm ~10ilvl higher :/
    Somehow you do way more damage then me with your stormstrikes. (per hit even)
    Anyone has an idea why that is the case ?

my log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1
    (note our fight was shorter by 40seconds still i did 64 stormstrike casts vs his 55 in 4 mininutes and still did less dmg with stormstrike)
    my profil: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...alena/advanced

other advices are welcome too, as i said i'm trying to get better.
    You didn't use any pots, your spiked trinket is not very good and your rings are not enchanted, it makes a huge difference.

Did you sim that wrist? It's 870, but crit as a main stat ... A mastery/haste crafted 850 might perform just as well or slightly under.

Also, I don't know why but your agility looks REALLY low. We have the same ilevel, you and I, both @ 866 but look at the stats:

Mine: Agility: 25,518 Stamina: 34,279 Crit: 1,920 Haste: 5,074 Mastery: 9,923 Versatility: 1,708
    Yours: Agility: 23,227 Stamina: 36,427 Crit: 3,751 Haste: 4,105 Mastery: 10,817 Versatility: 917

2000 agility is a HUUUUGGGGEEEEEEE difference. Something is not right.
    Last edited by vichnaiev; 2016-10-21 at 11:40 AM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    The agility difference that you're seeing is all about trinkets. I don't have your armory Vichnaiev, but comparing to my own, I gain ~2500 agility from my trinkets, his trinkets have no agility on them.

The Spontaneous Appendages (870) is fine to have, but I would pair it with Bloodthirsty Instinct (865). Werdup uses that paring. or grab an 850 baton / sff.

Another thing I just noticed, by going to wowprgress (So I can read things in English)
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/eredar/Zalena

His relics all suck (Yes I know we go for the highest iLvL).
    I would've used the agility gem in the neck over mastery.
    Last edited by McCloude; 2016-10-21 at 04:51 PM.

I use a 880 swarming plaguehive with 865 Bloodthirsty, which gives me 1400 agility. I also have a +200 gem. That adds up to 1600 extra agility but the difference between me and him, both the same ilevel is of 2300. If you don't account for these items I mentioned he still has 700 less agility.

FYI, I've gotten more damage out of Hekili addon with his latest update on page 3 of his thread in this forums appended into it than tell me when.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    FYI, I've gotten more damage out of Hekili addon with his latest update on page 3 of his thread in this forums appended into it than tell me when.
    Hekili also is predicting the best choice in the future (abilities about to come off cooldown). TellMeWhen just tell you what is off of cooldown within the priority list.

That's good to know! I'll give it a run through and see how it fares in comparison this weekend.

For a valid comparison:

1 - Both would need to be setup with the exact same priority list.

2 - You need a large comparison data pool. Unless it's a REALLY big difference it could be simply due to a lucky SB streak.

I feel like using it but I really need to get a handle on how to set it up exactly how I want. I sim my rotation constantly and I'm pretty comfortable with it, I don't want to rely on updates on Hekili's part.

Also:

2) I am apparently TERRIBLE at heavy movement fights. Look at my Il'gynoth fight. Terrible, right? I know, sad.
    I picked up the first run of the nostromo gaming pad years ago and kept buying new ones as they came out, I now have the razer orbweaver gaming pad for my left hand. My left thumb lets me strafe left and right, run forward and back and mouse facing does the rest. This frees up my left hand to hit all the action keys I want. I couple it with a naga hex mouse, three of those mouse thumb keys are set to control, alt and shift. This allows me to access four bars of actions from the same 12 keys all efficiently laid out as I please, and a number of other keybinds for extra abilities. Once I got my first nostromo gamepad I essentially spent a few hours running around and strafing at the dummies and changing targets during my rotation to get better. I can now do everything moving just as well as if I were standing still.

One more thing:

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/AN...?tab=cooldowns

You got two feral spirits in so you could line up with hero, which is possibly the right call for next week. You'd have had no hero for themif you tried for 3 (due to hero coming in the gap between 2 and 3) and the third spirit would have been cut off. This is a bad fight length for you. I got a good ursoc heroic this week because of my fight length allowing me to squeeze my third feral spirits on time with hero.

my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GkKNWMQAVjFvH7t2

My problem was a late fight death cutting off my wolves and dropping my buffs, but I've only been running enhance a few weeks so I can't beat myself up too much yet.
    Last edited by hatchetman240; 2016-10-21 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    You didn't use any pots, your spiked trinket is not very good and your rings are not enchanted,
    it makes a huge difference.
    True pot is one thing, trinket well not much choice with my dropluck :/

Did you sim that wrist? It's 870, but crit as a main stat ... A mastery/haste crafted 850 might perform just as well or slightly under.
    Yes i did sim it and it was better then the one i had before

Also, I don't know why but your agility looks REALLY low.
    2000 agility is a HUUUUGGGGEEEEEEE difference. Something is not right.
    that is interessting though, might have to look into that :/

Quote Originally Posted by McCloude View Post
    The Spontaneous Appendages (870) is fine to have, but I would pair it with Bloodthirsty Instinct (865).
    if i can get my hand on one i would change it , maybe i buy the six-feathered fan and see how that plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by McCloude View Post
    His relics all suck (Yes I know we go for the highest iLvL).
    Yeah but i didn't have a real choice with both the iron and storm being 35 and 20 ilvl higher than what i had before, fire was "only" 10ilvl iirc

so it seems i need to look out for some better trinkets and relicts and enchant my rings (they somehow got forgotten ^^°)
    thanks for the suggestions, guys !

Now with new logs for this week!

Logs: wwwDOTwarcraftlogs.com/reports/BLW9Y6DRgM8Ab2TJ#type=damage-done&fight=1

Armory: usDOTbattle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Amplus/advanced

Note: I got a legendary this week!

Note 2: I performed "Well" on most fights (especially in context of our guild) but parsed low for my ilvl amongst Enhancement Shamans.

Additional pointers would be helpful.