Alliance How does gear effect your stats in pvp?

I can't find the source but someone told me that your power increases by 1% for every 10 item levels? So my question is, i'm queing bgs with 870 ilvl gear how much % boost is that? Thanks in advance.

based on this
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/777028693461839872

then at 870 youll have a 7% boost.

but people are reporting its closer to 0.2% every 1 ilvl....so maybe blizz stuffed up

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    ^ I see there were several other important questions asked in that string that Hoelacky didn't bother to answer. What an unmitigated douche he is.

i think its 1% per 10ilvl's, and keep in mind that percent effects ALL stats... people are saying gear doesn't matter now but that's bullshit, it counts now more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    i think its 1% per 10ilvl's, and keep in mind that percent effects ALL stats... people are saying gear doesn't matter now but that's bullshit, it counts now more than ever.
    yeh, sure...

I am a menace to my own destiny.

as assa rogue i have 2400k life with 10% hp talent 870 ilvl. saw a 840 rogue with same talent he had only 2200k hp so it matters a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    More than ever? Are you kidding? Even if you go against a 2.4k+ rated player who has 880 gear, and you're literally in starting 840 gear, they have 4% difference. That's absolutely NOTHING. Considering every season in WoD was about a 25% boost in stats, you're crazy if you seriously think it's worse now than it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    More than ever? Are you kidding? Even if you go against a 2.4k+ rated player who has 880 gear, and you're literally in starting 840 gear, they have 4% difference. That's absolutely NOTHING. Considering every season in WoD was about a 25% boost in stats, you're crazy if you seriously think it's worse now than it was then.
    Yeah, that's why I quoted this troll..
    Seems like he has no idea what he is speakin about

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karajo View Post
    as assa rogue i have 2400k life with 10% hp talent 870 ilvl. saw a 840 rogue with same talent he had only 2200k hp so it matters a lot
    You have to compare artefact weapon. Each level adds 0,75% stamina boost.

I think the current system is pretty ace. Although tbh, I don't understand why they just won't cap iLvl in BGs so players could truly be equal (when it comes to gear at least). Maybe it's because the devs still want PvPers to feel a sense of getting stronger when they gear up, even though it's a low percentage.

Deleted
    Im mostly pve person but i do pvp every now and then.

I dont do any of the rated pvp, just casual bg's.

I have around 860 ilvl.

Does it mean that i should use full pve gear in pvp? Or eventually full BG pvp set outperforms my pve gear.

Ive noticed that a few pieces of pvp gear ive got actually reduce my stats in bg's.

860 ilevel means you are better geared than even 2K+ PVP rated players.

This "PVP" system is designed purely 100% for PVE players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    860 ilevel means you are better geared than even 2K+ PVP rated players.

This "PVP" system is designed purely 100% for PVE players.
    Except for the fact that at 2100cr i've been getting 870 gear.....so no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icehotshot View Post
    Except for the fact that at 2100cr i've been getting 870 gear.....so no.
    You are limited by weekly rewards in pvp while pve isn't as you can spam mythic+ . That was especially a huge advantage in terms of artifact power as you get ~9k AP for a single mythic+ 7 run with ak10 wich allows to get points much faster than playing pvp even compared to the vastly improved rewards for pvp in 7.1

Longterm with the exception of new players/alts none of that will matter of course as everyone will get capped but until then you can get ahead playing pve.