Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    Define comfortably. If you're looking to speed clear we may not be the class for that, but we're capable of completing them for sure.
    Then that sounds like we're bottom of the barrel for the mythic+ which rely on speed, no?

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    Fire blast is kind of core to how they play their spec So i don't understand how giving them more options to use a similar spell doesn't affect how they min/max. It's just different play.
    Fire ST is literally:

CB Window, save CDs for the next CB Window - cast FB>IB>PB; sub FB for PF if it comes off CD and you have at least 2 charges saved for CB.
    There is no min-maxing with PF aside from if you should save it for an add phase.
    It literally is a button you press.

It works with what Fire does, just doesn't add any "DAMNNN" factor, nothing an artifact (I assume) should be able to do.
    Hell the legendary bracers add more of a WOW factor than phoenix flames.
    Last edited by Arthael; 2016-08-23 at 04:52 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuram View Post
    Then that sounds like we're bottom of the barrel for the mythic+ which rely on speed, no?
    It really depends on the timer. Some dungeons have a 45-minute timer to complete just to get one loot chest and keystone upgrade. Now if you're trying to Plus +2 or +3 the timer that's where we most likely will fail at.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthael View Post
    Fire ST is literally:

CB Window, save CDs for the next CB Window - cast FB>IB>PB; sub FB for PF if it comes off CD and you have at least 2 charges saved for CB.
    There is no min-maxing with PF aside from if you should save it for an add phase.
    It literally is a button you press.

It works with what Fire does, just doesn't add any "DAMNNN" factor, nothing an artifact (I assume) should be able to do.
    Hell the legendary bracers add more of a WOW factor than phoenix flames.
    Not everyone's artifact has that. RSHam ability is literally just another healing CD with a spec that already has tons of them. Nothing special but it grants them more choice. Same with VTor. I honestly dont think the spell effect is amazing. But the choice of what I can do with it is. PF is cool to me because it takes (what is left) of fire's unreliabilty and gives you a little more choice.
    Last edited by justflayin; 2016-08-23 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    I read a lot of "SP is pretty bad for mythic+, just no AoE burst...." but i have watched 4 o 5 SP PoV videos from YouTube and his scada/details has shown me that the fact of "SP is pretty bad for mythci+..." is not true...maybe gear from SP is pretty high, or party members are bad DPSs, I don't know. Mythic+ lvl from videos were around 8-11.

P.S. I'm sorry for my English.

Quote Originally Posted by greywolfamakir View Post
    I read a lot of "SP is pretty bad for mythic+, just no AoE burst...." but i have watched 4 o 5 SP PoV videos from YouTube and his scada/details has shown me that the fact of "SP is pretty bad for mythci+..." is not true...maybe gear from SP is pretty high, or party members are bad DPSs, I don't know. Mythic+ lvl from videos were around 8-11.

P.S. I'm sorry for my English.
    As people have said here, at low Mythic+ where you can still chain pull and aoe priest is worse because of our lack of burst.
    At high Mythic+ (the 8-11 you watched) mobs live a lot longer and pulling multiple groups is sometimes not possible (if Bolstering is in effect). The smaller groups and longer time means that our ramp up time and lack of aoe isnt that big of a deal.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Here is a SPriest doing Mythic in Legion, they do pretty well:

With that said it seems SPriests are more about high single target DPS.
    I can't understand why vast majority of Russian players (at least who stream/make videos) use hideous perl frames...

OT shadow cleave is hard to beat, especially by ranged classes, and dots lend them self well to fights with frequent interruptions for movement. But I would appreciate if they would not take away so much of our utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    As people have said here, at low Mythic+ where you can still chain pull and aoe priest is worse because of our lack of burst.
    At high Mythic+ (the 8-11 you watched) mobs live a lot longer and pulling multiple groups is sometimes not possible (if Bolstering is in effect). The smaller groups and longer time means that our ramp up time and lack of aoe isnt that big of a deal.
    And that shadow crash does pretty good damage, enough that its worth even in ST situations.

"High single target dps"

Gets out damaged by the rogue on every single single target boss fight by atleast 50k. 200k on final boss.

The only time the priest beat them on damage was 2-3 target trash pulls, and that small advantage wasn't enough to make up for them doubling his aoe on large packs and outdpsingo n every single target fight.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2016-10-13 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    I was struggling a bit in mythics, but once you get the legendary ring, shadow becomes very good in higher M+ in my opinion.

i like to play LotV to reach voidform as fast as possible to spread dots. otherwise i experiment with many talents, but atm i like running ToF, VL(but RoS is very nice too) and shadowcrash. only talents i cant decide is San or AS. I know everyone says AS is best, but spreading 20% stronger VTs feels very strong on the DMG meter. I think AS really shines in Madness fights, but i can see Sanlayn being nice in dungeons, but i have no proof for this, so dont take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    I was struggling a bit in mythics, but once you get the legendary ring, shadow becomes very good in higher M+ in my opinion.

i like to play LotV to reach voidform as fast as possible to spread dots. otherwise i experiment with many talents, but atm i like running ToF, VL(but RoS is very nice too) and shadowcrash. only talents i cant decide is San or AS. I know everyone says AS is best, but spreading 20% stronger VTs feels very strong on the DMG meter. I think AS really shines in Madness fights, but i can see Sanlayn being nice in dungeons, but i have no proof for this, so dont take my word for it.

With the "buff" to STM not taking 5 seconds off the Mythic+ timer, I have been very happy with Shadow in Mythic+ for M+6 or higher.

The main hindrance or success factor is your composition. I always aim to have a Hunter, Mage, or Lock that can do some serious AOE damage on trash and then I can carry at least 2-3 of the boss fights with 550k+ dps by using STM. This makes you much more desired when you can double the other 2 dps on boss pulls. This is at 869+ ilvl and usually in Mythic 6+ or higher though. Boss fights in lower Mythic+ don't really benefit STM as much since by the time you get to 70+ stacks the boss is probably dead.

I haven't tried Shadow Crash since our guild Mages/Hunters/Tank blow up AOE pulls too quickly, but will try and get some of that play in this weekend to see if it improves things.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    "High single target dps"

Gets out damaged by the rogue on every single single target boss fight by atleast 50k. 200k on final boss.

The only time the priest beat them on damage was 2-3 target trash pulls, and that small advantage wasn't enough to make up for them doubling his aoe on large packs and outdpsingo n every single target fight.
    Exactly, my brother who is an enhancement shaman, beats me in ST on like 90% of the boss fights (I'm not using StM in m+).
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narbert View Post
    With the "buff" to STM not taking 5 seconds off the Mythic+ timer, I have been very happy with Shadow in Mythic+ for M+6 or higher.

The main hindrance or success factor is your composition. I always aim to have a Hunter, Mage, or Lock that can do some serious AOE damage on trash and then I can carry at least 2-3 of the boss fights with 550k+ dps by using STM. This makes you much more desired when you can double the other 2 dps on boss pulls. This is at 869+ ilvl and usually in Mythic 6+ or higher though. Boss fights in lower Mythic+ don't really benefit STM as much since by the time you get to 70+ stacks the boss is probably dead.

I haven't tried Shadow Crash since our guild Mages/Hunters/Tank blow up AOE pulls too quickly, but will try and get some of that play in this weekend to see if it improves things.
    Doesn't always work, but in some cases you can start StM on trash and move on to the boss at 20-30 stacks when that trash is dead.
    Perfect example of this is first boss in EoA.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...unt&keystone=8

check any keystone at any level. i don't think shadow priests hold a candle to any of the top contenders. not sure how they would fare with legendary ring though
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

That's a video from the beta, just sayin.

Deleted
    Can you guys suggest what stats/talents to run in m+ ? I been testing myself but I can't tell anymore whats best, my head is spinning. I have 37 haste/20 crit, do I stack more crit at the expense of haste? Shadowy insight or as (got the belt), void lord or void ray? Lotv or StM?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromatus View Post
    That's a video from the beta, just sayin.
    Because Legion was in Beta when he posted it, this is an old thread that got necro'd for pretty much no reason.

I've been getting good results with TOF, ROS, PI, sanlayn, LOTV, dropping haste for int + crit, oakheart and horrorslime trinkets.

I very rarely use StM unless I think we're going to struggle to even kill a certain boss (eg last boss in COS on 10+).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    I've been getting good results with TOF, ROS, PI, sanlayn, LOTV, dropping haste for int + crit, oakheart and horrorslime trinkets.

I very rarely use StM unless I think we're going to struggle to even kill a certain boss (eg last boss in COS on 10+).
    Hmm is horrorslime really good? I tried it few times (got mythic one) but had the impression that those ichors are too slow to get to the adds and when they die too fast its basically useless... I guess you're talking about mythics 8+ and above where adds live much longer?

They don't seem that slow to me and the explosion does good damage. Yeah this was mostly mythic 7+ experience, I imagine that below that, everything will be horrible but it won't matter anyway.

LOTV feels absolutely mandatory on necrotic, where you're constantly forced to ramp up every pull.