10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You buy the item I post above.

Also once again like I said we don't know the official battery life.

Does it suck, Ya but there is a simple fix to it.
    This is going to be condescending and all, but seriously do actually take an international trip. You'll realize a lot of things fall into the devil is in the detail. After going back and forth to Taiwan for over 18 years I can guarantee you that. I'm lucky for Taiwan where I can speak Mandarin (well reading is a different matter) and have family in place, but when we go to Japan where I'm less familiar with and my Japanese isn't as good, it's a hell of a lot of difference in terms of what you do. Especially during the times where the tour buses are going to a more rural / mountainous area and nothing is going on to talk about or whatever, except maybe car sickness if the road is annoying.

You want everything to be self reliant especially with the chance of losing small things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    With the new battery technology coming in 2018 (hopefully?) you should be able to cut weight in half or double capacity.
    That's a hopeful but still not a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You want everything to be self reliant especially with the chance of losing small things.

That's a hopeful but still not a solution.
    Like I said for you yes that sucks if the battery life is true. But your experience isn't what the common or majority user will deal with. Its a high in gaming tablet (For the most part) to expect a battery life to last that long for you isn't going to happen.

I am of the mind set of lets get our hands on this dam thing before burning it at the cross.

I do think its shitty that we won't hear anything more about it until early next year. That right there shows Nintendo didn't learn shit about the Wii-U marketing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Honestly looks interesting but after the Wii U I'm gonna wait since it can be used in that aspect as a home system. Plus I have a 2DS with loads of titles and even if it is backwards compatible with 3DS games then I see no point since well I have a 2DS for the portable aspect of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like I said for you yes that sucks if the battery life is true. But your experience isn't what the common or majority user will deal with. Its a high in gaming tablet (For the most part) to expect a battery life to last that long for you isn't going to happen.

I am of the mind set of lets get our hands on this dam thing before burning it at the cross.

I do think its shitty that we won't hear anything more about it until early next year. That right there shows Nintendo didn't learn shit about the Wii-U marketing.
    Probably not common but definitely not one of a kind, and a market is a market, and still more battery life is better regardless and seriously if 3 hours is true that's truly terrible. The other part which you keep neglecting is battery decay. 3 hours can get slashed to 1 1/2 hours easy after a year or two of use, which at that point it's pretty terrible for any situation. It's already an issue with phones which gets exacerbated by heat, and this thing has vents for active cooling which is seriously not a good sign.

While I realize that we don't have the device on hand, when I saw Nvidia + high power SoC, it just spelt disaster for a power consumption for a mobile device cause well, the main reason why Nvidia got pushed out of mobile is because of power consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Probably not common but definitely not one of a kind, and a market is a market, and still more battery life is better regardless and seriously if 3 hours is true that's truly terrible. The other part which you keep neglecting is battery decay. 3 hours can get slashed to 1 1/2 hours easy after a year or two of use, which at that point it's pretty terrible for any situation. It's already an issue with phones which gets exacerbated by heat, and this thing has vents for active cooling which is seriously not a good sign.

While I realize that we don't have the device on hand, when I saw Nvidia + high power SoC, it just spelt disaster for a power consumption for a mobile device cause well, the main reason why Nvidia got pushed out of mobile is because of power consumption.
    Oh don't get me wrong I agree that 3hrs is shit. But its not a deal breaker IMO for a lot of people because people using it 3+ hours mobile won't be the majority IMO.
    You do make a good point about battery decay and like I said early'er I want to see some hands on of it.

Really sucks we get to sit on more rumors until early next year, Nintendo needs to be bashing people over the head with info up to release and they are not.
    This is going to be Wii-U marketing 2.0 and that makes me sad.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    baseless accusations. Nintendo is claiming they are not abandoning the wiiU for switch, considering that it isn't a upgrade power or graphic wise and it's only novelty is playing on the go I'm inclined to believe them over "2018 it's dead" like what a fucking random year.
    Most of the Switch games probably started development as 3DS or Wii U games or will be ports of 3DS/Wii U games. I agree they will pretty much be dead in late 2018 if the switch starts to take off but for the time being it's probably getting games that are multiplatform with Wii U/3DS as those games where likely near finished already on the original systems and Nintendo is only leaving money on the table by not releasing them.

There's a reason Zelda is still coming out on the Wii U, there is still a million or more sales easy there waiting for it(probably 2-3 million tbh but being conservative for the sake of it). That Mario game has been in development for awhile as well and if it's releasing any time soon is probably coming out on the Wii U. The Mario Kart looked like a downgraded port of Mario Kart 8 with new features, and Splatoon looked exactly like Splatoon but probably a port with more features.

Of the Nintendo games the trailer showed, none of them looked like Switch exclusive games. They could surprise me and make the Mario exclusive but we all know it was in development for the Wii U since 3DW finished and if it's coming out any time soon like Zelda there is no reason to not release the Wii U version as well and leave sales on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    was going to get a New 3ds XL for pokemon sun and moon,but after seeing the this totally killed my idea of getting the a 3ds,since look like the Nintendo Switch going to be handheld focus too.
    Well it's a $300 investment vs... what? $150? $80 if you get the 2DS (only reason I got a new 3ds xl is because of the fire emblem special edition) the switch isn't backwards capable with the 3ds so unless they decide to port it over you'll need a 3ds anyway to play pokemon sun and moon.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/...21519243157504

Devolver Digital will be making games for the Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Well it's a $300 investment vs... what? $150? $80 if you get the 2DS (only reason I got a new 3ds xl is because of the fire emblem special edition) the switch isn't backwards capable with the 3ds so unless they decide to port it over you'll need a 3ds anyway to play pokemon sun and moon.
    And the only issues with Sun and Moon on the OG 3DS and 2DS is the lack of internet access and Miiverse while playing. So if you don't care about that, just pick up a cheap 2DS.

And we won't know about any Pokemon games for the Switch until at least March, February at the earliest.

Yeah...if the 3 hour battery life is true that pretty much kills the console for me. Despite Nintendo positioning it as a home console, I can't take it seriously as such given the likely vastly inferior specs to other current gen systems.

At this point, this console isn't looking even remotely interesting to me. I'm infinitely more excited for the price drops on the Wii U/3DS that hopefully come with this so I can pick those up for the games, and their backwards compatibility.

The Wii U GamePad can either be charged directly or through a stand, both can be connected to the same cord, all of which came with the Wii U. I fully expect there to be a dock based power cord (possibly with a power brick), and a separate handheld power cord, hopefully with the ability to separate the cord from the A/C adapter so you can plug it into a USB to charge instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, keep in mind that the current specs known about the NX, battery and GPU included were all in the Dev Kit from when it was first distributed. We don't know what the current specs of the machine are, nor do we know if the battery life has improved or stayed the same.

We'll probably get another leak sometime soon with details on the specs, I'm almost certain the battery life will be at least 5 hours when this thing launches. No way are they going to repeat the same mistake with the Wii U....I hope.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of god just give me a Metroid game on this and ill buy 2! Really interested in it tho, as far as gimicks go this seems to be a pretty good one. Cant wait to get my hands on it.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

10+ Year Old Account
    So im guessing it will be between Tegra X1 and X2 in performance. Maybe 50% stronger than a WiiU. Is that enough to get third party support? Its definitely less powerful than the xbox one, but I just hope its powerful enough to run current gen AAA games without needing a severely cut down or console specific version.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The Wii U GamePad can either be charged directly or through a stand, both can be connected to the same cord, all of which came with the Wii U. I fully expect there to be a dock based power cord (possibly with a power brick), and a separate handheld power cord, hopefully with the ability to separate the cord from the A/C adapter so you can plug it into a USB to charge instead.
    The biggest issue for me is if Nintendo stays full retard with some proprietary charging cable and not simple usb. USB can be charged literally everywhere, yet because of proprietary bs you need an actual power outlet(and to carry around a clunky ass power brick) to charge a 3DS or a Vita anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    The PCH-2000 Vita uses a micro-USB, no longer proprietary connection.

There are actually pros and cons to a proprietary connection, and most of it has to do with watt output. That said, if they were using anything resembling a USB type C connector it should be able to handle 15W power up from 5W that the normal USB is specced at (though technically it can receive more than that provided the USB cable can handle it). Now... if it needs more than 15W to charge instead of slow battery use while powered, something is very very wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They'd have to restrict it to the touch screen only.... so doubtful.
    It was a joke. Blizzard already said it's not coming.

And restricting it to touch screen isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Interesting. I hadn't seen a statement saying it's not coming. And if you were joking some kind of hint would help people see it as such. Plain text with no smiley or /s doesn't have any inherent tone.
    If you would stop getting triggered any time someone mentioned Hearthstone in this thread, maybe you would have got the joke.

I'm surprised that people are so down on a 3-hour battery life (assuming that that's 3 hours of gameplay). Assuming that this thing's not horrendously weak, that's just about what I'm expecting from it. Doesn't new New 3DS XL go for about 4 hours of gameplay?

Yeah, it means it'll die on a 11-hour flight or an 8-hour car trip as a passenger, but these are edge cases. Only a very, very small part of the audience is going to be using it in those environments with a lot of regularity, and those people will probably be able to use peripherals to solve the problem.

Decaying maximum charge is another kettle of fish altogether, but I don't think that a 3-hour life is the problem that some people are making it out to be.

portable skyrim! someone catch me, im going to faint
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    portable skyrim! someone catch me, im going to faint
    This has been a thing for 3+ years already : P