Aluneth+Ulthalesh predictions for Karazhan

For those who don't haven't read the artifact research yet: affliction and arcane artifacts are heavily tied to Karazhan. Ulthalesh is why Deadwind pass is so dead and created the nexus where Karazhan would be formed. Aegwynn used Aluneth to create Karazhan on that Nexus. That obviously makes them heavily tied to the dungeon in 7.1.

Any predictions for what might be in the patch? There's been cool stuff in launch where you can get a small amount of artifact power for other artifacts. Some lore interaction with NPCs? A hidden room? Maybe something related to activating Nightbane?

I've yet to see NPCs reacting to Ulthalesh (or any Warlock Artifact). I kinda doubt Blizzard gives enough of a shit about the spec to give them something like that in 7.1. Especially since it doesn't contain any Class-specific content from what I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I've yet to see NPCs reacting to Ulthalesh (or any Warlock Artifact). I kinda doubt Blizzard gives enough of a shit about the spec to give them something like that in 7.1. Especially since it doesn't contain any Class-specific content from what I recall.
    Have you run through the Illidari Stand in Azsuna? The random guards often comment on peoples artifacts when you run past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Have you run through the Illidari Stand in Azsuna? The random guards often comment on peoples artifacts when you run past.
    The initial hubs in the various zones seem to be where the NPC's who make Artifact/class/race comments appear to hang out. So far I've Illidari Stand NPC's talk about the Maw of the Damned and the Aldrachi Warblades directly. Lorlathil NPC's in Val'sharah comment on Apocalypse and Demon Hunters in general. I've seen a few shouts at Thunder Totem about the Eaglestrike Hunter Artifact and the Shaman Artifacts. There are also a few peppered around the zones who seem to make random comments. Curiously absent anything I've noticed so far are the Warlock Artifacts - but my Warlock is only level 105 so maybe that has yet to happen for me.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

They might not comment on My Demo lock's artifact, but he certainly has a lot to say about them. Let's just say that he and Tehd would be the best of friends.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Yes, I did manage to reach the first questhub of Azsuna in the two months since release. Never seen any NPC commenting on my weapons on my Warlock. Saw them comment on other Classes, be it other people or me on my alts. I saw NPCs commenting on weapons of Mages, Death Knights, Demon Hunters, Hunters, Shamans, Paladins, Warriors and Druids. And I've read about there being some for Monks and Priests. The only Classes that I don't have no knowledge about in this area are Rogues and Warlocks. And playing a Warlock and being rather active on it, visiting all hubs and all, I've got nothing. Including the Azsuna camp where the Illidari mostly comment on Legion-related weapons. Warlocks, despite all three specs qualifying for that, got nothing even there.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I know rogues can interact with an NPC in Valdisdall about the assassination daggers.
    I see. Thanks for the info. Warlocks being pariahs confirmed!

I can't wait to see what smug comment Aluneth has. I need to run through old Kara and see what happens.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Not expecting much regarding Aluneth.

The Shadow Dagger seems to be the only talking weapon Blizzard actually cared about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Not expecting much regarding Aluneth.

The Shadow Dagger seems to be the only talking weapon Blizzard actually cared about.
    While Xal'atath apparently was chosen as the vehicle for unveiling the Old God-oriented portions of Legion, Aluneth is still plenty chatty. I'd imagine it would have a lot to say about Karazhan and the goings-on within it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

NPCs even sometimes comment on your crappy blue weapon you obtained in WoD:

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    NPCs even sometimes comment on your crappy blue weapon you obtained in WoD:
    He is talking about the Arcane mage Aluneth. Not your current weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    He is talking about the Arcane mage Aluneth. Not your current weapon.
    He specificly said: "your weapon"

I think he meant "Your" as in the artifact that the player is looking for.

Deleted
    Still, Aluneth.

Not hard to see the connection. Equip a lv1 wand, and the conversation won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    Still, Aluneth.

Not hard to see the connection. Equip a lv1 wand, and the conversation won't change.
    Except you are wrong. I was playing priest :P

But Crawclaw above explained to me. Still it is poor choice of words.

Deleted
    Except you are wrong. I was playing priest :P
    Except that we get the same for Aluneth, when we are scouting around the Nexus. Kalec tells you literally the same thing.

So he isn't speaking of your WoD weapon.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-10-23 at 01:16 PM.

Every weapon has some little "features". For some there are comments from NPCs and additional dialogue options (fire-mage artifact for example). But some weapons have different bonuses - Aluneth's one is the ability to charge the weapon with nearby source of magic for a small buff. Resto druid weapon gives you free food from an NPC in Dalaran. Balance druid weapon gives ability to interact with feral worgen in Valsharah for some extra AP.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Aluneth's one is the ability to charge the weapon with nearby source of magic for a small buff.
    I started questing on my mage in Azsuna with a protection paladin friend, and he was using the RAF mount that looks like the onyx panther. We were about to head out to the Crumbled Court after finishing the quest line in the Azure Repose, and I rode on his back near Senegos and Aluneth began charging from the pool while I was riding. It looked really epic.