Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    LFR shitters 2011-2015

"I am entitled to epics"

LFR shitters 2016-present

"I am entitled to epics, including YOURS"

I don't do LfR but I like the item sharing in random 5men. Adds a bit of human interaction that got lost over years of anonymous LfD.

Apart from that just keep your bags full before entering LfR. You get all the loot sent to you and can disenchant in peace.

You can be generous or selfish, that's your choice.

Other people ARE going to judge you in this game. You can care or you can ignore it, that's also your choice.

What you can't do though is tell other people that they have no right to judge you, that they're wrong and stupid for having an opinion. Either grow thicker skin or change your behavior so people like you a bit more. Don't demand the impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you run random group content then have the manners to see if it can be used by anyone else first.
    Otherwise you are simply being a jerk.

It may be called personal loot, but the mechanics tell a very clear story if you are not willfully ignoring them.
    No its in my bags therefor i decide what i wanna do with it.
    If i am enchanter i will 99% of the time DE it i do not care who or what needs it for what ever reason and i expect others to do the same.

I will start trading my loot away the day people start giving ME the loot they don't need to allow me to gain shards. Since that has not happened a single time in my pugs in the 10+ years im playing, ill keep sharding.

Side note, by the logic of the 'you should trade' people in this thread... shouldn't people be trading the gold and runes they got from their rolls to the people they are getting gear from? Its the same principle.

People operate differently. I am also an Enchanter so I understand your stance on it. If that's the quickest way for you to get Chaos Crystals then all the power to you. I personally don't give a rats ass about gear and gold is the least of my problems. If I see a fresh 110 in my group and I think he'll appreciate it more than I would then I'll give it to them. They probably won't remember who I am and I will most likely never see them again but I do remember when I did care about loot and when I got an upgrade how awesome it felt. The power level in loot changes so fast it really doesn't matter to me.

I think it's incredibly rude to ask someone for loot. It reminds me of people who watch you eat and the second you put down the fork they say "You gunna finish that?"

Keep farming and playing how you want. You pay for your subscription just as everyone else does so you can play the way you want.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My rule as an enchanter is if someone asks politely and they are not using that passive-aggressive addon which is the case most of the time, they get the loot. CompputerNerd would never get loot that way and some non-entitled guy might appreciate the loot.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2016-10-22 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I see you didn't get loot on that boss. That means you got gold. I need gold. Want to give me some of that gold you just got? BTW, I'm not giving you squat in return, but you get to keep the nice warm fuzzy feeling you get from knowing that you helped me pay for my next flask / world drop / crafted piece / insert any other character improving thing here.

Do you see how UTTERLY LUDICROUS this statement is? Now please. By all means. Explain to me how this is any different the asking someone else for their loot?
    Not everyone even gets gold from a boss, and instead they only get the runes. But yes I would give that gold to someone in exchange for the loot if I needed the loot, I don't really need gold.

If I get loot I don't need I gladly pass it on to someone who can use it, but I suppose some of us were brought up with a stronger set of communal values.

I'd rather vendor it for gold than give it to some rando and I don't expect anyone else to give me their loot either.

Is it? I'd imagine a mythic 0 five man was more worth.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    At the same time, we are increasingly needing an addon to handle personal loot redistribution in pug raid runs.
    No we don't.

"May I have that item?"

"No, I need it" => "Alright, gz!"

"Yeah, sure" => "Ty so much!"

"Yeah, sure" (multiple people need) => "Roll for Nature's Call"

Quote Originally Posted by Kardagh View Post
    Not everyone even gets gold from a boss, and instead they only get the runes. But yes I would give that gold to someone in exchange for the loot if I needed the loot, I don't really need gold.

If I get loot I don't need I gladly pass it on to someone who can use it, but I suppose some of us were brought up with a stronger set of communal values.
    You just said you'd gladly give gold in exchange for loot, which is not what he/she was saying. Specifically stated, give me that gold so I can get flasks I need, you get nothing in return other than knowing you gave me gold to buy something. That's essentially what people asking for loot are wanting. Personally, I run mythic raiding with my guild, does that entitle me to demand runes from everyone in raid who gets one that has never stepped foot into anything higher than normal? After all, it's better for me right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    that's such a silly argument

like, nobody's gonna take you to jail or something for not passing along LFR loot to people it's an upgrade for. Not giving someone else an upgrade because you want the ~500g just makes you an asshole.

In the previous era's five mans you 'objectively' had the 'right' to roll need on everything that dropped. It made you an asshole then, too.
    It's not the same thing. Needing on everything in dungeons made you a jerk because you could rob someone of a piece of loot they needed even if you couldn't equip it.

Personal loot awards the loot to you, the person. You're free to do with it as you wish, and aren't robbing anyone of anything since everyone else also had their chance at loot. From there, the person decides if they want to equip the piece, give it away, DE it, or whatever.

Personally, I ask if someone needs a piece in the event I get something I don't want. If someone asks nicely, they get it too. If someone says ''give me''? Nope, they don't get it.

Deleted
    You are happy to use them towards achieving the kill.
    But the loot is "yours only".
    This made me chuckle. Isn't personal loot my loot? If not, what is the point of personal loot? Why not go back to the old method of it drops, we all roll?

10+ Year Old Account
    And the real world tends to work differently when it comes to how we interact with other people we worked with towards something.
    But in-game it is all about me, me, me and it is "personal" so I can do what I want.
    Again, there is another side to that.
    That is the epitome of an entitled attitude. Players DON'T OWE YOU A DAMN THING. They put just as much work for that loot as you did and they don't owe you a god damn thing. It's THEIR loot and THEY decide what to do with it. If they want to be nice and let you have it, then cool. If they want to DE it for Chaos Crystals or sell it for the 40g, then they have that right because it's their earned loot.

If you don't like it, hate the system not the player.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I always say I'm happy to give people the loot if they pay me the going rate for the crystals for it. Funny how few of the people who expect me to hand them a few hundred gold are willing to do the same to me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet another reason why the raider trash should be locked out of LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    No wonder everyone laughs at LFR heroes.
    As a former cutting edge raider, I personally laugh at anyone that does organized raiding now. What a waste of time, energy, and an unhealthy sacrifice of life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Enchanters need Chaos Crystals for Neck Enchants. Most Enchanters are part of guilds, some of which, are trying to progress. Those neck enchants are -expensive- if you don't have the later levels of it, needing 15 Chaos Crystals for a single enchant. In the guilds I was in, before real life took place, I would enchant my guildies shit for free, because we're all working towards a common goal, and they'd make me stuff too.

Enchanters are the -only- crafters who have to destroy gear gotten in Dungeons/Raids in order to benefit themselves or their guildies. Yet, people seem to think they're entitled to gear because it was an upgrade? Even though the enchanter could put it to use in one way or another (Gold buys runes/herbs/pots, etc).

I guarantee most of the folks being asinine little shits towards the enchanters would sing a different song if it directly impacted Blacksmithing, Engineering or any other tradeskill. "Oh hey, I can -smash- this plate armor for 60 Felslate" "But it's an upgrad--" {Epic Piece of Loot has been smashed for 60 Felslate} "YOU SELFISH PIECE OF SHIT"

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    And yet another reason why the raider trash should be locked out of LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

As a former cutting edge raider, I personally laugh at anyone that does organized raiding now. What a waste of time, energy, and an unhealthy sacrifice of life.
    Different people have different priorities. Some actually do have fun working with friends and guildies towards a common goal rather than treating it like a necessary grind for potentially better loot like you obviously do.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Those neck enchants are -expensive- if you don't have the later levels of it, needing 15 Chaos Crystals for a single enchant. In the guilds I was in, before real life took place, I would enchant my guildies shit for free, because we're all working towards a common goal, and they'd make me stuff too.
    18-30k on my server. That's a rather trivial amount of gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Multiply that by how many guildies you have that need the enchant. Its trivial on a personal level, sure, but then again, if you're paying gold for food, pots/flasks, runes and enchants? Some guilds are just starting raiding and need to buy Obliterum for their crafted, or they're leveling their tradeskills. Etc.

Its still expensive material-wise, depending on how many ranks you have for the enchant.