Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Why would anyone be mad about the PvP appearance being locked behind PvP? ><
    Exactly! Why would anyone be pissed about the PvE appearance being locked behind actual PVE?

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdeus View Post
    I said this with the other "Balance of Power" threads, but basically it doesn't say anywhere that we need to complete Balance of Power to obtain the other skins of this type, it just says "Requires Achievement" which is what people think is crappy. The other thing is with something like Glory or +15, a lot of people went out of their way to complete these achievements expecting to get the skin. The problem with being gated behind Nighthold is that in January or whenever it is released most people wont even use the "Balance of Power" Skin, it is likely people will have 2, 3 or even all 4 unlocked by that time. Everyone will likely wear that new artifact skin because it is the newest and the people who completed those achievements will feel less rewarded by their time and effort they put into the harder achievements because of the casuals with the basic Balance skin.
    Blizzard has stated before that you need to unlock the base skin to be able to unlock the color variants.

I really don't think you're following along with the topic here.
    I think you're not really up to the task of defending your argument about the system being silly and therefore try to dismiss anything i say by repeating that i don't actually get it.

FYI, i was responding to "But... A reward form dungeons is hidden behind a raid. Thats not silly to you?". Just so you're updated and in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Blizzard has stated before that you need to unlock the base skin to be able to unlocl the color variants.
    Doesn't stop it being retarded.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Well, you keep demonstrating that you don't really get the crux of the argument, so yeah...I'll say it.
    And you keep coming with 0 counter arguments. You failed earlier with your ridiculous comparison. What else is there to discuss here.

Too bad for the players switching classes for Nighthold. The quest line should have unlocked throughout the experience, not at the very end. I don't mind not having all the colour options, but it would have been nice to have unlocked something. The ultimate solution would have been LFR dropping these quest items. Thus allowing players to work on this quest line throughout the expansion, and not just on main toons. But whatevs, it's still a damn good expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, it IS kinda silly.

I mean, imagine a legendary dropping and being unable to equip it because it says, "Coming soon in 7.1!" That would be kinda weird.
    Legendary isn't really the same as a cosmetic appearance, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkulous View Post
    Too bad for the players switching classes for Nighthold. The quest line should have unlocked throughout the experience, not at the very end. I don't mind not having all the colour options, but it would have been nice to have unlocked something. The ultimate solution would have been LFR dropping these quest items. Thus allowing players to work on this quest line throughout the expansion, and not just on main toons. But whatevs, it's still a damn good expansion.
    It's still a possibility that doing "Balance of Power" unlocks that appearance for all your characters. Could be wrong though but it would seem most likely imo.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Let's just say this. There's one PVP appearance which is locked behind doing PVP. Are you equally pissed about this?

You have another appearance that is locked behind PVE content (and no not LFR).

And finally (as of now) you have an "open world" appearance that is obtained by doing random stuff in the world.

Maybe they failed in their pattern, but i don't think that a "dungeon (PVE content) appearance" (which it isnt) being obtained through raiding is silly. Because if you're able to do +15, you sure as hell are able to do some normal raids.
    I'm cool with one being behind PvP. It could have been one for BG, one for arenas one for rated BG and so on though (I'll never get any of the PvP ones however. I hate that crap).
    I have no issues with the PvE one being behind raids. It's pretty much all I do in the game but I can see why people who don't really like raiding, were happy about the mythic+ system but now are told they can't get their cool weapons becuase then have to raid are a bit annoyed.

It would have been enough if like one color was for the raid stuff and the first one was for the really simple dungeons achivements. The way it is now makes no sense at all.

Again, though - Me, myself? I'm cool with it. I'll have mine once NH is out.

Here is the major problem with this particular row, it is the only one that is locked behind content you currently can not do and it is the only one where the color variants will be earned before the base skin is unlocked.

Every other line the basic model is opened up relatively quickly, with the further right you go being the more prestigious, or requiring the most effort. This row is no different in that regard, but the problem is that you have people with the higher prestige variant and they can't use it.

Yes there is a PvP exclusive row, but no one will have the far right appearance unlocked before having the base model unlocked first. So those who get the color variants done first will have the honor of showing it off before others do.

Right now in the PvE row the hardest and thus with the most prestige is the mythic +15 color variant. Those players are unable to show off their accomplishment because of how Blizzard chose to unlock the base.

Hasn't one of the biggest complaints over the years been that gear is so easy now that it's lost its prestige? People don't instantly know your awesome because everything looks relatively the same? Yet in this case someone doing what is considered to be the hardest content available is unable to show that off?

Yeah sure it's just cosmetic, but part of the allure of unlocking these things is to be different and too show off. That is completely negated by how they set this up.

It would be now different than a mythic raider clearing the content, getting their titles and mounts and not being able to use them until after Nighthold is completed and the task is much easier due to gear.

There is nothing wrong with having base skins locked behind time, they just really shouldn't be blocking color variants that you can already complete. The base should have been something that was doable now, with the gated one being the variant. That is how every single other row currently works.

The only other reason this isn't gaining more traction is that 99% of the player base ( including the ones in here saying it's ok ) don't have any of the variants unlocked. Let the vast majority of raiders or the player base be sitting around waiting on this and you would be here arguing it's stupid too. You aren't missing out though so of course it's perfectly fine.

I learned, from reading this thread, that A LOT of you do not, yourselves, know how to read.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    He might not have the time to commit to doing normal every week. Then he'll never see the skin he's earned because it's gated behind that stupid questline.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn't want everything from the start he wants the rewards he's already earned without having to do some completely unrelated content first.
    if you have the time to do +15, you have the time to do normal....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Never mind the fact that the normal you need to do and this is locked behind isn't even out yet. It doesn't matter how easy normal is or how little time it takes. This guy could have mythic raids cleared and it still wouldn't matter. The difficulty nor is the time investment in raiding is not what is blocking someone with mythic +15 from using what they have already earned.

"I did Mythic+15 but can't get my appearance without Nighthold normal?"

"lol too much to ask that you do something hard, you entitled kid?"

><
    What's worse is you know if they had any of those color variants unlocked they would be complaining as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Never mind the fact that the normal you need to do and this is locked behind isn't even out yet. It doesn't matter how easy normal is or how little time it takes. This guy could have mythic raids cleared and it still wouldn't matter. The difficulty nor is the time investment in raiding is not what is blocking someone with mythic +15 from using what they have already earned.
    You may as well give up. Some people here are so blinded by their hatred towards anyone they deem unworthy that you could hit them in the head with a shovel, and all they would hear is you complaining about having to lift the shovel.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-10-22 at 06:03 PM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Seriously, to every retard saying 'Oh boohooo, stop crying for not being able to unlock everything yet'. I will say the fucking following. How does it fucking make sense to have achievements that reward a skin (which is a reward added in the game RIGHT NOW) like Unleashed monstrosities, Legion Hero, and +15 skins, yet gate all of them behind a fucking normal raid that will release 5 months later, at least. You basically ask ppl to stop complaint that they DON'T get rewarded for doing these achievements. Like FUCK. You complete mythic +15 and what the fuck do you get? Nothing, no mount, no gear, no title, no SHIT, you just have to wait 5 months to get your fucking reward. That's just shitty. It's as if they are faking that they have put a lot of effort, provided tons of content, when in reality, behind all these smokes and mirrors, only 70% of the launch content is there.

Epic expansion indeed but whoever doesn't admit that blizz still uses some cheap tricks to make us think that the game has more content than it really does is an idiot. This is no way means that there isn't quite a lot of content or that I am not pleased with the current amount of content. Just want taking the fair side instead of being a blind blizz fanboi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    So he did the Nighthold already?

Wow, kudos! Guess you are playing an internal build.
    Are you high? He wants his Mythic 15+ skin or his dungeon hero skin. They have nothing to do with nighthold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Mythic dungeons don't take that long, a player might have had a few days of the year free and they did mythic+. Normal requires months of continuous commitment to grind out the items for the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Seriously, to every retard saying 'Oh boohooo, stop crying for not being able to unlock everything yet'. I will say the fucking following. How does it fucking make sense to have achievements that reward a skin (which is a reward added in the game RIGHT NOW) like Unleashed monstrosities, Legion Hero, and +15 skins, yet gate all of them behind a fucking normal raid that will release 5 months later, at least. You basically ask ppl to stop complaint that they DON'T get rewarded for doing these achievements. Like FUCK. You complete mythic +15 and what the fuck do you get? Nothing, no mount, no gear, no title, no SHIT, you just have to wait 5 months to get your fucking reward. That's just shitty. It's as if they are faking that they have put a lot of effort, provided tons of content, when in reality, behind all these smokes and mirrors, only 70% of the launch content is there.

Epic expansion indeed but whoever doesn't admit that blizz still uses some cheap tricks to make us think that the game has more content than it really does is an idiot. This is no way means that there isn't quite a lot of content or that I am not pleased with the current amount of content. Just want taking the fair side instead of being a blind blizz fanboi.
    Well.. M+ 15 isn't anything special except for the achievement and appearance you get. There are levels beyond 15, it's just a point where they decide to give you an achiv (just like 2-5-10). Sure it's one hell of an achievement, and you're rewarded with the bragging rights of being one of the few to reach it at this point. I don't think you should get anything else, it's not like you got anything special from killing Mythic Xavius except for "The Dreamer".

And Legion Hero isn't that difficult, just time consuming.

Well.. M+ 15 isn't anything special except for the achievement and appearance you get.
    But the problem is we don't get the appearance until we do Nighthold
    it's not like you got anything special from killing Mythic Xavius except for "The Dreamer".
    With your logic they should force people to do Karazhan 5 times before people get that title

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Please, people, stop using the word 'gated'. EVERYTHING in this game is 'gated' behind SOMETHING. EVERYTHING in this game takes some sort of time/effort to achieve, be it doing a few WQs, doing a few dungeons...or heaven forbid, you have to do a long lengthy quest chain/achievement filled treck for a COSMETIC reward.
    This is why people use the word "gated" - because people like you don't understand the difference between "long lengthy" effort, and "wait for something that isn't in game and won't be for months".

Tell me, do you think someone can clear normal Nighthold and get their Mythic+ 15 and Glory of the Legion Hero skins right now if they just make enough of an effort?