Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I wonder what Blizzard has in store for us

"Bit of an update here - we’re looking into potentially making some changes to a few of Havoc’s talents, to diversify your options a bit and make certain rows feel more like there’s a choice to be made.

No details to share just yet, and these changes won’t make it into Patch 7.1, but we’re working on it"

I know its a bit away from us actually finding out what they are planning, but cant help but be curious as to what changes they have in-store for Havoc.

The 108 tier needs a complete redesign, On one hand you have Master of the Glaive which is a straight DPS upgrade and on the other you have Unleashed Power / Demon Reborn which are utter shit. The choice is simple.

104 is another tier that needs a look at, Netherwalk and Desperate Instincts replacing Blur makes them instantly inferior choices compared to Soul Rending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

That talent that buffs blade dance is just not at all competitive w/ dual glaive+bloodlet - it wasn't competitive before and then they nerfed blade dance to the ground in the balance hotfixes. The artifact talent nerf alone (per-target increased damage) was a ~1.25 - 2x damage reduction for blade dance against 4-25 targets; the glaive toss + bloodlet nerf was "only" 1.2x by comparison.

When taking bloodlet you'll probably take the two glaive charges as well.

I originally wanted and i still want to play first blood + unleashed power for dungeons - blade dance instead of throw glaive, free stuns every 40 seconds but i generally feel that the style isn't strong enough to justify my personal taste in giving up the "correct" talents.

On blur tier the other talents replace blur which is both a DPS and defensive cooldown. If i could replace Blur with Desperate Instincts then i might consider doing so.. however that would be a straight 1 to 1 switch without "spending" a talent on it. The other talent in the row - which you get AS WELL AS blur - is amazing, 100% leech in meta which is extremely useful for both mythic+ and raiding so there's no reason to consider giving up blur for the mediocre one. Netherwalk has niche usage but i have not equipped it a single time yet with the more rigid talent system of Legion.

I'm not particularly happy with demon blades becoming a significant DPS gain sometimes and the vast majority of top parses using it - devs already stated that they didn't want this to be the case and would nerf it accordingly but they have not yet done so.

CC/BF in level 99 tier are not really useful, BF in particular. Felblade is not good either on 102 tier even though it's fun to use sometimes. Fel Eruption is completely uncompetitive with momentum/nemesis. Demonic is a little but underwhelming compared to chaos blades / fel barrage and doesn't see a lot of usage because we usually want one of the other two talents more, i think it's fun to play with and could use a slight buff. All of this stuff could be looked at~
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-10-22 at 01:22 AM.

Deleted
    Momentum needs to fuck off ... or at least something that is on par with it.

Demon blades is fine. They don't need to touch that. As for what blizz has in store for us? Probably more fucking nerfs.

I hope they dont wait that long for pvp change...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    I think Momentum should exist but it would be nice if they balanced the other talents sufficiently well to allow for viable alternate playstyles.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    I'm fine with it exisitng but being better ST and hugely superior for AoE and cleave is too much.

Either nemesis needs a buff or momentum needs a nerf, nemesis would be better if it put an aura on the mob that increased all damage done within X yards, it will still lose out on aoe and cleave by a fair bit, but currently nemesis is useless on AoE and cleave really.

Deleted
    I think they are just gonna improve felblade to make it a viable ST talent.
    They will have to review 108 talent, as it is a dps increase if you take bloodlet and master of the glaive. But if they improve felblade, we need another choice here. Otherwise, we will still pick bloodlet/master of the glaive I guess.

Anyway, it's too late to change the talent, but it's better than never.

And please, blizzard, make demons blade an "ok" talent, but not the way to go...this makes the DH very boring and unskilled. For same reason, I hope they will keep momentum as the way to go.

I used to hate demon blades, but these days I find it very nice choice. I don't have to beat that demon bite button all the time. I do hate the random nature of fury bursts it gives me. I can spend a long time without fury and then suddenly bar fills up.

Deleted
    fel blade needs a buff and deal chaos damage.
    Nemesis should be a selfbuff maybe grant more % dmg or increase its duration (momentum will still be better on most boses by skilled ppl)
    Unleashed power, needs a change to eye beam deals more damage would make it useful or make only deal damage to one target. but increase its damage with 300%

Demon reborn is the dumbest talent of all we have along with unleashed power, i think it should maybe change somthing with meta form maybe when you activate meta first 10 seconds you deal 100% more damage.

Firstblood should be buffed by numbers by a lot

Chaos cleave should give damage to chaos strike/annhilation only dmg buff

Blind fury should reduce the cooldown of meta by 100% so it22.5 sec cd instead of 45.

Numbers should be tested ofc but this is what i would like to see keep rest as they are and buff others dont nerf the other talents imo.

From their words: "Talents changes so some choices are not obvious"

What that means is: Either Felblade buff to Bloodlet levels, which won't solve the ST issues of the class, or Bloodlet nerf to Felblade lol levels, which won't solve the issues of the class, but actually nerf it even more.

They can do the same with the Momo tier, which again, won't solve anything because we're in need of SINGLE TARGET BUFFS. We don't need a balance in those tiers.

And if they don't make Momo better by a fair margin in that tier nobody will use it (Who would use a talent that requires micro-managing and movement displacement every 4 seconds when you can just stay still and do the same?).

They could potentially nerf Bloodlet to remove the 'bounce' option of Glaive Throw, similar to the Prot Pally talent that removes the bounce of the shield throw.

That would at least make it more of an option.

Demon's Blade is meh. Why people want that talent in a class design that's supposed to be completely active (GCD locked) is beyond me. Going along with that the toolkit for active play is like watching paint dry.

Felblade should have been baseline. TG should have been ST with the bleed, at whatever percentage, baked in. The talents for those abilities should have further enhanced the abilities. Felblade (another bleed or something) for ST and Bloodlet making TG hit two additional targets with a bleed for whatever percentage.

Eye Beam should have a lower CD (say 20s)
    Metamorphosis should be a 3 minute based (AP'd down to 2). Adjust the percentages on the changed abilities to balance
    Fel Rush and VR should be removed from the rotation and relegated to the mobility/ gap closer and retreat they're supposed to be. If you want positional re-positioning then cause ability X to do more damage from the front, ability y from the flank, etc. That's a much better way to keep people moving that doesn't actually take away our mobility.

That's about all I got ATM but there's tons they should do.

Quote Originally Posted by LLiass View Post
    I hope they dont wait that long for pvp change...
    This.......

DH single target dmg was ok before nerf, not the highest dmg but it was acceptable... Aoe needed a nerf and, after that, is still one of the biggest in game. They simply should have nerfed our abilities on secondary target. In this way devs could have worked on revamping our talents, if they think they really need a change, and we could have a better time playing our class.
    Right now our single target dmg is very good only in meta, but it has a very high cd considering that we are very easily cc'ed when transformed so, basically, we have maybe 20 seconds of effective dmg boost in a 4 minutes window. They should lower that cd or give a sort of immunity during meta phase. Detainment has a long cd too. It's not a surprise if we sucks so much in arenas...
    Last edited by Cymorìl; 2016-10-22 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Well for one, lets just hope that the awful design of Demon Blades is gone. That talent is just pure cancer to the class.

I'd also personally like to have something done about Fel Barrage. It always feels off using a channel mid combat as dps, to the point that I take Demonic instead.
    Demons Blades should be baseline. Best playstyle you can get. It outlines DHs chaotic, uncontrollable, bursty nature, instead of this daeth-boring Bite spam. Speaking as a Anger of Half-Giants user.
    Last edited by Barrin; 2016-10-22 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    104 is another tier that needs a look at, Netherwalk and Desperate Instincts replacing Blur makes them instantly inferior choices compared to Soul Rending.
    I completely agree. Netherwalk is such a shit talent, at least make it like CloS so we can clear things like bramble.

Darkness is also complete garbage, a 20% chance to avoid all damage? It's worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    I completely agree. Netherwalk is such a shit talent, at least make it like CloS so we can clear things like bramble.

Darkness is also complete garbage, a 20% chance to avoid all damage? It's worthless.
    Darkness isn't garbage it's just very situational as an extra raid cd

Quote Originally Posted by Kazilro21 View Post
    Darkness isn't garbage it's just very situational as an extra raid cd
    It's pretty shit really, makes very little difference .

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimere View Post
    Demon's Blade is meh. Why people want that talent in a class design that's supposed to be completely active (GCD locked) is beyond me. Going along with that the toolkit for active play is like watching paint dry.
    Demon´s bite is trash during BL+Meta compared to demon blades, so yeah, demon blades is actually the better choice by far, since right now our ST dps relies a lot in a good burst with Meta