Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm actually with OP on this one, mostly because the value of a chaos crystal is much greater than the value of an 835 piece of gear you can get from WQs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You are happy to use them towards achieving the kill.
    But the loot is "yours only".
    Talk about hypocritical.
    Everyone gets an equal chance at loot, why should he give his chance away? Didn't he do his fair share of work for a fair chance at loot?

BTW, send me your next paycheck, I need it more than you, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Be kind to others and that kindness will pay back some way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It may be called personal loot, but the mechanics tell a very clear story if you are not willfully ignoring them.
    What. Are you serious? Why the hell would I give my own personal loot to some random I don't give a flying fuck about?

I run LFR since it was first injected in Cata for free shards. And when some spoiled brat starts whining into my private chat, demanding than I must give him my loot because it is an upgrade for him, I just put him to ignore list and continue on. This is MY loot, that's why it's called "personal". I can give you an item if I want, or I can shard it, or I can destroy it, that's my choice, not yours, and I don't owe you anything, mr. I-am-so-kewl-that-I-am-dealing-less-damage-than-a-hunter's-pet with your gracious 35k dps, lying dead inside Ilgynoth's heart.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, and I am playing the game since BC and heard a lot of ridiculous things.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    I usually consider if they are remotely good at what they are doing at their gear level before considering giving out loot.

In other(almost all) of the cases, I just DE the stuff because you know, I need it too.

Deleted
    In real life if you work in teams and get paid, do u give your salary to someone else?

Deleted
    This makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    And yet another reason why the raider trash should be locked out of LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

As a former cutting edge raider, I personally laugh at anyone that does organized raiding now. What a waste of time, energy, and an unhealthy sacrifice of life.
    Yeah you're totally right. Spending six hours of my week playing with my friends, laughing and having a fun time is such a waste. You have some serious issues or are quite possibly the worst shitposter ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Just stop looting the bosses and all of your loot will be mailed to you. Then you don't need to worry about the entitled crybabies sperging out over some crappy 835 gear.
    Best answer

Is it really though. How many pieces of gear do you really get to enchant on an average run? I'd rather do a couple of WQs for the same reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Is it really though. How many pieces of gear do you really get to enchant on an average run? I'd rather do a couple of WQs for the same reward.
    Epix are not that frequent in WQ's, and also you can farm runes which are great for your real raiding. Not to mention that someone has to boost all that 30k dps guys, right?

Strictly answering your question, I get at least three items per six bosses. Which is a nice addition to a pile of shards.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    like, iunno man, you have to be a supremely selfish person (i.e.: asshole) to prefer DEing something for some paltry amount of meaningless gold, rather than give it to someone who'll actually use it
    But if I can use the shard for something then I am letting someone who can use it, use it. Myself. You have to be a pretty selfish person to demand that someone automatically give away their item because someone else can use it. What If I am not selling it but using it to help enchant my guild so we can get over a roadblock in progression? So others don't have to pay obscene prices for enchants when I can supply them and help the whole.

To you that is being an Asshole because all you see is me DE'ing the item. But it is far from being an asshole and it is why the attitude like yours that all enchanters have to give the item to someone else rather then DE'ing or be labeled an Asshole is the toxic problem with the community at large.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    You can be generous or selfish, that's your choice.

Other people ARE going to judge you in this game. You can care or you can ignore it, that's also your choice.

What you can't do though is tell other people that they have no right to judge you, that they're wrong and stupid for having an opinion. Either grow thicker skin or change your behavior so people like you a bit more. Don't demand the impossible.
    So wait, are you telling me that joining something that is on personal loot and then disenchanting what I get for personal loot and then putting enchants in the guild for everyone to grab freely when they get upgrades is selfish?

What makes it selfish? Not giving the loot to some pleb I'm never going to see again so he can replace it from a world quest in 3 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am happy to have seen multiple people both in dungeons, pug runs (including raids) and LFR votekicking or just kicking people for using what they call the "cancer addon"

At the same time, we are increasingly needing an addon to handle personal loot redistribution in pug raid runs.
    Personal loot distribution handles itself.

Either you get loot, or you don't.

Edit: I also totally understand that there are more efficient methods of enchanting material farming. If this is your input you obviously completely overlook the fact that the other methods of farming enchanting material do not involve slight chances at some BIS trinkets being titanforged.
    Last edited by Katelockwell; 2016-10-22 at 11:08 PM.

I've never really understood this whole you're selfish for keeping your loot argument. How is thinking you're entitled to someone else's loot not being selfish?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I've never really understood this whole you're selfish for keeping your loot argument. How is thinking you're entitled to someone else's loot not being selfish?
    Because it's the internet and everyone has to agree with me otherwise they're wrong

/s

Hey, let's have a deal, I'll hand all my redundant loots to lfr heroes and in exchange you lfr heroes sell me augment runes for 5-10g a piece how it was in WOD. Deal?

No deal, runes are 500-1000g each, as long as lfr heroes try to milk raiders by charging so much for runes, raiders will keep looking for ways to make this gold back.

You just need to shift-click to loot boss, if you have loot then don't pick it up. It will get mailed to you and you can /profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Hey, let's have a deal, I'll hand all my redundant loots to lfr heroes and in exchange you lfr heroes sell me augment runes for 5-10g a piece how it was in WOD. Deal?

No deal, runes are 500-1000g each, as long as lfr heroes try to milk raiders by charging so much for runes, raiders will keep looking for ways to make this gold back.
    I would happily give all of my runes away if I could for loot. Not a very hard core guild this time around, don't need the money drain - haha.

OT: So many entitled people. I've geared up 4 characters to 850+, all of them have received 9-10 pieces of LFR loot, and been turned away for 4 or 5 pieces. You know what you say? "Gratz on your loot!" or "I understand!" It's not YOUR loot. It's theirs. If they want to give it to you or have no use for it, that's their prerogative. Someone in my Pug EN Normal kept a piece of loot because he liked the way it looked(Transmog). One guy gave him shit and got the boot for it. Nobody enjoys whiners - it didn't drop for you, that's the end of it.

Just be civil in-game, and people will generally be kind in return. Want something? throw them a whisper - if they don't need it or are feeling generous, you might snag yourself an upgrade. If not, better luck next time.

There is no reason to give random newbz your gear. Especially when you can just switch to enchanting and switch back to your main prof whenever you want to with no downside.

I put all people using the loot anouncer addon on ignore list btw. People who use this addon are noobz anyway.

If I get an epic added to my wardrobe I'd have to know the person before I'd give it away. And that's just purely from a collector's point of view, I probably won't even be using it for transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    There is no reason to give random newbz your gear. Especially when you can just switch to enchanting and switch back to your main prof whenever you want to with no downside.
    Switching professions completely removes any and all pre-Legion recipes, some being unobtainable. You don't consider that a downside?