10+ Year Old Account

Various theories about the Legion - please correct me if you have info I don't.

I personally have a feeling that there's a subtle civil war that's occured within the Legion, with Sargaras out of commission (due to his failed gamble with Medivh), Kil'jaeden took over.

We know that TRUE demons can't be killed, not without going to the nether and severing their connection to it. But they can be STOPPED if part of their body is held and sealed (such as with Sargaras and other demons). Kil'jaeden is leading in his master's absense, but in that, he may not know EVERYTHING that Sargaras had planned.

It's been a few decades since Sargeras was sealed, and as such, I think that Kil'jaeden isn't interested in bringing back his master for ANY REASON. What he wants is his master's power. But he needs to know how to extract it without it overwhelming himself. Thus, he needs the only Demon Hunter who has gone full demon while being free of influence from the Legion - Illidan.

Thus he takes a dead Naaru, only a few minutes from going full void-monster, puts it in stasis and then throws it into Azeroth with all the pomp he can, so that we find a way to rez Illidan so he can capture Illidan and get the information from him. He used the corpse of the Naaru to lie to us about there being and "army of Light" and the titans being dead. And the reason is that he doesn't really care what he has to say to get us to do his bidding.

But all this being said, I think Kil'jaeden is unaware of the mistake he's making.

Because I have a feeling that Sargaras didn't want to come to Azeroth for a foolish reason, or even a "need to get to the old gods, because he was corrupted by the old gods". He wanted to come to Azeroth to fortify it...because he created the weapons on it...and they're the ONLY THING THAT CAN KILL THE TITANS.

I think we're going to have to kill the Titans. Because we're "flawed" and they don't want "flaws". Sargaras didn't start the legion to raze the universe, he started it to PROTECT the universe. The Titans went everywhere, slaughtering indiginous species that were "flawed", locking away the natural elemental spirits, inserting their own programmed species, and if that proved impossible, destroying the planets they were on.

Sargeras rebelled - not because he was "influenced to evil" when he first hit Argus, but moved to COMPASSION. Here was an ADVANCED society. They knew magic, technology, travel between worlds, and being as they're not "built like the titans", they were also considered FLAWED. Sargeras gave everyone on Argus the option - join him or die. But Valen didn't understand that the DEATH was going to come from the TITANS THEMSELVES. They fled the system, becoming the Draenei, meeting up with the Naaru (beings of light with a dark secret - they are also beings of incredible DARKNESS when they die, until once again, they die, and are reborn as beings of light) and trying to hide from the Legion...without knowing that the legion was the one thing keeping the titans at bay.

The Legion spread, but so did the issue of corruption within the legion. Kil'jaeden was absolutely not interested in Sargeras' plan to be his "army of light", because he really just wanted to take over everything, and rule the universe himself. And once Sargeras got himself locked away, Kil'jaeden made his move. All the actions from The Burning Crusade and Legion are Kil'jaeden trying to take over the weapons on Azeroth so he can rule. But one thing is in his way - he doesn't have Sargeras' power. This means his control over the legion is not absolute, and as such, there's always a chance he'd be betrayed.

There's only one way I think this can resolve:

Kil'jaeden is going to figure out that he cannot handle the power of Sargeras (possibly due to genetics), and to save himself, will put that power in Illidan. This will awake Sargeras within Illidan, and Sargeras is going to stand up and go, "You're a freaking MORON, we needed them as ALLIES!" and just SEVER Kil'jaeden from the nether.

And then we're going to have a massive meeting of the minds - Sargeras is going to explain what is going on in the universe, and we're going to have to make a choice.

Join the Legion...or die.

And we're going to join.

Deleted
    I think you should read the Chronicles. Book 1 would set you right as you seem to have strayed a little in the goings on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the Chronicles Book 1 completely explains the origin of the Light (and Naaru} the Void (and Old Gods) and the universe, as well as the creation of the Legion, the fate of the Titans and the importance of Azeroth. Without spoiling anything in particular, I'd recommend going and reading the Chronicle.

It's an interesting theory, but completely incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Haven't read said book. I shall have to go locate a copy.

Still, I want this nonsense to resolve more interestingly than "the titans are dead, too bad." No. I want to know why they put a goddamn doomsday device on my planet that would look at a structured society and say "corrupted. Now die."

I think it would be more interesting for this to be a law vs chaos instead of a good vs evil situation, especially if the Titans are SO lawful that they can't see the worthniness of anything that would deviate.

I still don't Trust Xera, though. Not for one freaking second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post

Still, I want this nonsense to resolve more interestingly than "the titans are dead, too bad." No. I want to know why they put a goddamn doomsday device on my planet that would look at a structured society and say "corrupted. Now die."

I think it would be more interesting for this to be a law vs chaos instead of a good vs evil situation, especially if the Titans are SO lawful that they can't see the worthniness of anything that would deviate.

I think one comparison is they have done is they are more of a logical type of beings. More logical as in what they do may seem cold hearted(Like the whole doomsday device you mentioned). It's the whole cold logic thing. Not necessarily right but that's what they seemed like to me. Now in the chronicle it seems a bit more nuanced.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

As far blizzard is telling us Xera are just using azeroth to build her own army and get rid of the abomination of the legion once in for all and she can learn more about fel energies while she is posing the body from a powerful user of that kind of magic.

I personally have a feeling that there's a subtle civil war that's occured within the Legion, with Sargaras out of commission (due to his failed gamble with Medivh), Kil'jaeden took over.
    There is not such thing, all demons now pray to sargeras as their god and even Kil Jaeden cant do something against him because he can show up in Argus any time he wanted since that planet is in the netter

Because I have a feeling that Sargaras didn't want to come to Azeroth for a foolish reason, or even a "need to get to the old gods, because he was corrupted by the old gods". He wanted to come to Azeroth to fortify it...because he created the weapons on it...and they're the ONLY THING THAT CAN KILL THE TITANS.
    He cant go to azeroth because his titan body was shattered with the destruction of the well of the eternity and he soul was send back to the twister nether that is why need someone to summon to enter to this plane of existence, the titan weapons here cant do really much damage to him since his body with fel energy cant repel even the strongest magic of Norgannon and Aman'thul(the battle was like a lowbie against a max level player)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    He cant go to azeroth because his titan body was shattered with the destruction of the well of the eternity and he soul was send back to the twister nether that is why need someone to summon to enter to this plane of existence, the titan weapons here cant do really much damage to him since his body with fel energy cant repel even the strongest magic of Norgannon and Aman'thul(the battle was like a lowbie against a max level player)
    The bolded part is no longer true after the release of Chronicle and Legion. The second part has never been true, before or after Chronicle (assuming by "can't repel" you meant "can repel", since it wouldn't make sense otherwise).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Spoilers ahead so if you want to read Chronicles for yourself, avert your eyes.

The Halls of Origination were meant as a last resort for if the surface of Azeroth became so corrupted as to be unsalvageable, the weapon would cleanse everything from its surface and restart the planet from the Titans' blueprints. This was to protect the Titan soul sleeping within the planet itself.

The reason Sargeras was corrupted was this. He went to a planet because the Titans' mission was to awaken other Titan souls like themselves and to bring order to the universe. The Void Lords want chaos, and wanted to kill the Titans to stop them from messing up all their nice chaos, so they created the Old Gods and flung them through the cosmos, hoping they would land on planets to infest them and corrupt the Titan souls sleeping and growing within.

Sargeras went to a planet over the course of his duties fighting demons and found it completely infested with the Old Gods' corruption. They had burrowed their tentacles deep, and touched the Titan soul, corrupting it beyond all hope. The thing within was as evil as you get, and Sargeras found some denizens of the planet and interrogated them. They were Nathrezim, and gleefully told him that the Titan soul was going to be a servant of the Void Lords or something to that effect. Basically, they rubbed it in his face that they and the dark creatures that infested their world had succeeded in corrupting the Titan soul within their world. Sargeras was enraged and sad, and cleaved that world in half, immediately killing the corrupted Titan soul inside, and destroyed all of the remains of that planet, including the Old Gods on and in it.

He returned to his brethren, who chided him for his action, saying that perhaps the Titan soul could have been saved. He told them about the Void Lords, but they didn't seem to recognize the threat. He left them, and came to the conclusion that the only way to prevent the Void Lords from coming to their area of space was to purge all life from their corner of the universe, destroying any titan souls he found. But the rest of the Pantheon wouldn't be convinced, so he had to make a new army to carry out his orders, and began gathering demons, an army he eventually named the Burning Legion.

Sargeras' motivations seem to have never been killing everything for the sake of killing it because he saw the Titans' mission as folly. His underlying reason is that he's trying to keep the universe safe by preventing the Void Lords' designs, because if they successfully corrupted a Titan soul, it would apparently be super powerful and basically be the end of everything, or whatever the Void Lords wanted that Sargeras didn't like.

Anyway, they found a sleeping titan soul within a world, and the Pantheon communicated with it. They learned its name was Azeroth, and the world came to be known by the same name. They also found Old Gods there, and, remembering Sargeras' experience, made their Titan-forged creations to war against them, because the Titans themselves were far too massive to fight on the world without harming Azeroth.

Their creations were winning, but when fighting one of the Old Gods, Y'shaarj, they reached a stalemate. Finally, Norgannon (I believe) himself reached down and pulled the Old God from the planet's surface like a weed, but it had burrowed so deep that it left a gaping wound in the world, from which Azeroth's blood was leaking (this gaping wound and the blood eventually came to be known by a group of primitive nocturnal creatures as "The Well of Eternity" and it influenced their evolution, eventually making them go from Dark Trolls to Night Elves). The Titans realized that they couldn't kill the Old Gods, because it would mean killing Azeroth, so instead they instructed their Titanic Watchers to build great prisons around the Old Gods to keep them from harming the growing Titan, supposedly the most powerful they'd ever found.

So now Sargeras and the Legion are here in their biggest invasion yet, in order to end Azeroth (the Titan) but to do that, they need Sargeras there. Either that, or they're led simply by Kil'jaeden alone, and he isn't aware of Sargeras' greater goal, and only intends on conquering the planet and draining it of any sources of titan blood he finds, like the Well of Eternity (They got that one), and the Sunwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^Thank you for making that clearer.

That also makes sense, and also means that Sargeras isn't crazy. It irritated me that something that intelligent and full of guile would have nothing better to do with his time than blow up planets for shits and giggles.

So this means that Planets are titan-eggs? Interesting. Especially interesting because what happens to the planet if the egg hatches?
    (Highlight to read)

^Thank you for making that clearer.

That also makes sense, and also means that Sargeras isn't crazy. It irritated me that something that intelligent and full of guile would have nothing better to do with his time than blow up planets for shits and giggles.

So this means that Planets are titan-eggs? Interesting. Especially interesting because what happens to the planet if the egg hatches?
    (Highlight to read)
    One can only hope that Azeroth will just sort of zap out of the world and leave it intact. Otherwise, we should really be seeing about getting down to the core of the world and bleeding the Titan dry for that sweet Well of Eternity blood for a power boost to defend ourselves against the Legion and eventually Void Lords whenever we get to them. We don't wanna look like Outland.

Also, I'm not sure if every single planet is a titan egg. If that were the case, and planets are destroyed when the titans hatch, then Draenor wouldn't have survived intact long enough to become the cracked chunk of continent that it is today as Outland, since we didn't hear anything about a Titan soul dying when Ner'zhul's jillion portals were ripping the planet apart.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-10-23 at 05:44 AM.

You're not completly wrong about Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde takeover on the Burning Legion, but it didn't last long.
    Since Warcraft 2 and until the end of Burning Crusade, the Legion was left without its former leader (Sargeras) since his soul was traveling back to the Twisting Nether (because Kadghar killed his host, Medhiv).

Nevertheless, Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde were still after the power within Azeroth for their own power. That's why they attacked during Warcraft 3 and why Kil'Jaeden tried to enter our world at the Sunwell in Burning Crusade.

Then the Big Boss got back in the Twisting Nether but doesn't have a proper "body". He's still powerful there but can't reach the Physcal Plane (the Great Dark Beyond, the universe where stands Azeroth) and is still willing to destroy every planet from this plane.

While Sargeras was missing and after WC3, Kil'Jaeden continued to recruit and deceive other races accross the universe, and that's why their army evolved in technology and diversity.

Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde (RIP) always been devoted to Sargeras. Archimonde was the apprentice of the first Eredar Warlock, until Kil'Jaeden shown up and killed him. They both were using magic to summon and enslave demons, and when Sargeras came they saw an opportunity to empower themselves with the gift that Sargeras was offering. Only Velen disagreed with that deal and the Naaru came to him to prevent him and his followers of a certain death.

To be more precise, Sargeras plan is to wipe the Great Dark Beyond (the physical plane) from any form of life and destroy every planet he could find since he saw a planet infested by what we call "Old Gods", in order to rebuild it from ground zero. First he enslaved or recruited demons in the Twisting Nether. offering a place in that new universe. And he needed a race that could command these troops. Eredars were perfect. KJ and Archi were powerful leaders, Intelligence and Military parts of the Political Triumvirat they formed with Velen as the Religious part.

So let's go back to the present Legion invasion. The Void Lords threat is an emergency that Sargeras can't delay and many actions took place.
    And one especially succeeded : Gul'dan version XXXXXX (who knows how many attempts it took to KJ to find ONE relevant Gul'Dan).
    Meanwhile things didn't turn how they expected. Archimonde has been defeated and killed in a location tied to the Twisting Nether.
    But Gul'Dan was sent to KJ and there was briefed for a plan B. Open the gate at the Tomb Of Sargeras and with his new ally Cordana Felsong get Illidan's body (KJ is really a one track mind guy) to use it as a vessel for their master Sargeras, so he could lead the Burning Legion on Azeroth and destroy it.

So that's basically the deal.

Now complications : Army of the Light. They exist since the beginning of Sargeras rebellion against the Pantheon. The Prime Naarus felt the changes to come and started a campaign to recruit races that were fighting the Burning Legion. They are at the demons footstep but weakier than the Burning Legion. Turalyon and Alleria (who come from Azeroth) followed them after WC2. It seems that they are actually fighting on Argus and are on difficulty.
    Before the Burning Crusade storyline, we learn in the novel "Illidan" (not to spoil you but read it if you can) that Illidan used his demonic powers to travel with his soul to Argus, in order to design a plan to attack Kil'Jaeden. He felt a powerful beiing there. A Prime Naaru.
    It may be Xe'Ra, while it was still "complete" and the Naaru shown Illidan his future.
    Now it joins the theory that the Army of the Light is there, and Turalyon's left message in the Light's heart tends to prove that Xe'Ra wanted us to find Illidan.
    It means that we'll need to resurrect him and follow his plan to make the Army of the Light's campaign on Argus a success, and wipe the Legion out of this universe.

Kil'Jaeden doesn't need to send a Naaru's core to deceive us, he already has Gul'dan and Cordana to find Illidan.

I think the plot is more obvious. Legion is there to destroy Azeroth (the Titan) whose soul is more and more corrupted by the last Old God (N'Zoth) whose influence is more and more powerful on mortal races (there's a quest starting from an item you can drop in Kirin Tor's expedition reward chest that implies it A LOT).
    Guess who's waiting in the shadow to strike? Not KJ, not Sargy.
    Last edited by WolfRider; 2016-10-25 at 02:34 AM.