Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    But note that it could be inferred because the women going after these black guys are themselves racist, which validates the guy's inference.
    Lots of things can be inferred if you run them through the right set of filters. Run that same set of parameters through a different filter and the guy could join a group of misogynists instead of racists. It doesn't make the logic any less faulty.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-10-23 at 12:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Well, White people are, in general, more privileged than others...that's the problem. Even that out and the "Over-privilege" stereotype takes care of itself.

I am unaware of any stereotype that labels white people as being "ugly" or "weak". Asians are often stereotyped to be "weak" and blacks are often "strong"...but if whites are stereotyped at all in that regard it would probably just be as "average". Regarding looks...well, white people seem to dominate the "Sexiest people alive" lists that come out.
    Privileged? That's one of the most misused and misapplied words too.

Lots of things can be inferred if you run them through the right set of filters. Run that same set of parameters through a different filter and the guy could join a group of misogynists instead of racists. It doesn't make the logic any less faulty.
    I'm sure that happens. I'm sure my scenario happens as well. Since sometimes the women are explicit about their stereotyping, it's not unreasonable to infer such a thing.

I'm sure that happens. I'm sure my scenario happens as well. Since sometimes the women are explicit about their stereotyping, it's not unreasonable to infer such a thing.
    It wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to infer that about an individual. It is unreasonable to take what you inferred from that one person and apply it to their entire gender/ethnicity.

It wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to infer that about an individual. It is unreasonable to take what you inferred from that one person and apply it to their entire gender/ethnicity.
    I think it's going the other way. They take the stereotype first and infer it second. In the end I don't know how their minds worked. A part of me really wishes I knew how these hardcore racists think through and through (we're all a bit "racist" but not to that extent). That kid apparently was pretty miffed the girl he liked "went black". On that side of the isle, we all know what they think of black men sexually. The kid's ego had to be pretty crushed because the girl he liked was confirming to him what he had always feared.

Not really, why? I get the feeling you're going to make a categorical error here.
    The aristocracy and especially the monarchs were every bit as genetically distinct as any racial subgroup for a significant chunk of history. The genetic drift across the human race really isn't that severe, when you get right down to it.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The aristocracy and especially the monarchs were every bit as genetically distinct as any racial subgroup for a significant chunk of history. The genetic drift across the human race really isn't that severe, when you get right down to it.
    That's odd. People usually refer to whites as inbred specifically because of the monarchs inbreeding (well, and the south). But I'll remember this for when someone makes such a vile comment.

That's odd. People usually refer to whites as inbred specifically because of the monarchs inbreeding (well, and the south). But I'll remember this for when someone makes such a vile comment.
    Yes, actually, the monarchy and aristocracy were heavily inbred. That's what made them genetically distinct from their subjects.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

On that side of the isle, we all know what they think of black men sexually.
    speaking of running off of stereotypes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Is there a problem with the misrepresentation of the word ? Or is it something which has lost it's meaning or doesn't apply in modern times like the labels left and right wing?
    Most people with normal or above intelligence are pretty well aware about the meaning of fascism -- or racism for that matter. It's the dumb and dishonest people who fanatically misuse the words to slander everyone they don't like who could use some education in that, and in quite a few other matters as well.

speaking of running off of stereotypes...
    Well? Is there really much nuance on Stormfront's concept of black men?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Have you applied for higher education?

- - - Updated - - -

Fascism is about the supremacy of the nation over the individual.
    The nation does not have to be an ethnicity.
    Nation: a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.
    Ethnicity: the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.
    Fascism: an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.

Ethnicity and nation are very much tied together in general, and fascism is nationalistic by definition. Note, countries and nations are actually two very different things in political science.

Fascism......

Oh, the irony.....
    Looking at no one in particular.......

The dude frames it well, that fascism has had it's facts and indicators separated culturally, and we now only look for the indicators rather than the impetus for those indicators. He also correctly identifies a unification of economic and governmental power creating fascist states and the civil strife that evolves from their totalitarian restriction on expression that forces extremes.

He seems to drop the ball though, as he'd like his state to provide some basic totalitarian services rather than work on stepping back unless a moderator is required. As it stands, the restriction of speech will cause the disenfranchised to radicalize causing the enfranchised to call for stronger restrictions and radicalize when those restrictions can't reasonably be met or enforced; eventually this will boil over and it'll all go tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Perhaps you should try to put more effort in your posting.
    Or are you really defending a party that fights for racial separation?
    I know this wasn't directed at me but I thought I'd just mention that in my country, America, about half the voting population is supporting racial segregation (be they aware of it or not).
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Actually, it's "Not fair", because we aren't allowed to even fucking defend ourselves against physical/verbal attacks without being labeled as "Racist" "Sexist" "Bigot" "Xenophobe" etc. etc. etc.
    We are being treated like filth that doesn't even deserve an opinion, simply because of our skin/sex, and yes, that IS what people went through...50 years ago. The same thing that MOST of us are against in the first place. Yet, we are treated as trash, because you look at our skin and/or our sex and decide that we aren't deserving of even the same social courtesy as you, because you have been fed these lies your entire life that we somehow have it better than you do.
    You know what it feels like to be "Oppressed", yet take no issue with doing the exact same thing to people who have nothing in common with those that oppress you, but the color of our skin?
    Go ask an old white politician in exactly what ways he represents YOU, then you will know exactly how much he represents ME.

Here, in case you forgot that we are in this fight TOGETHER...

-Martin Luther King, Jr. famous speech
    The most ironic part is that the most of the left called Martin Luther King a shill and a boot licker yet he changed the system from the inside.

Well? Is there really much nuance on Stormfront's concept of black men?
    AH, this time there was a misunderstanding. I thought when you said "we all know what they think of black men sexually." you were referring to women.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what level of nuance Stormfront has regarding Black men sexually though...and I'm pretty sure I don't want to delv too deeply into the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Well, they're not. What they're losing is the advantaged position they used to hold. Now they're facing the same struggles as everyone else, and it's somehow "not fair", because they're white, so cue the Victim Olympics.
    In other words, the perpetual victim movement has come full circle and we've decided to stop it here because the whole guise of "fairness" and "equality" was really just bullshit because in the end man's nature to hate everybody wins out once again and whenever there's an opportunity to put people down we're going to take full advantage of it as we scream "forward into progress!" haha.

--

But since we're talking about fascism I'm going to have some fun with my take on the "two cows" trope.

FASCISM - You have two cows. The government uses satellites to monitor what you do with them. A team of heavily armed commandos show up in the middle of the night to take you to a reeducation camp. Your neighbor is a journalist and writes that you were taken, the next day he turns up dead. After your reprogramming you are set free. When you get home your cows are gone. The government orders you to report to your new job ...milking your old cows. The government then sells you the cows milk.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Fascism comes from aroman word which means a bundle of sticks.

This is the idea that one stick alone is weak but if you take sticks and put them in a bundle they become stronger and harder to break.

It is the philosophy of the ant people, that the individual needs to be abolished in favor of the greater good, and we should stop asking whats good for the individual and start thinking what is good for the collective.

As such democracy is frowned as you do need a "queen" to guide the ant people. A small group of people that dictate to the rest on how to act/think/behave and sometimes even how they should feel about an issue as well as having an in group of the people you want to protect and an outgroup of the people that you find as the enemy and need to be protected from.

Vast majority of Islamic states are a perfect example of what fascism is today. It is a collectivist ideology where the individual looses its sense of self. Punishment for leaving islam is usually death and dissent from the core dogma is rarely if ever tolerated.

Best example is this. Notice how individuality and culture is robed and replaced with uniformity

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wm4k31zaxHQ/maxresdefault.jpg

In the public dialogue people rarely say "syrians, iraqi , somalians, afganistans" the word muslim now is a catch all umbrela that robs people of their nation identity, replacing with that of the ideology.

The enemy are the non muslims or the "wrong type of muslims" . They should either be converted, killed, or opresed (paying a tax)

Obviously not all islam is fascist. The otoman empire had quite a progressive view on things. But at least the more radical conservative type of islam that exists in the middle east today is promoting extreme far right rethoric.

Other examples of fascism can be found on the daily stormer. Where racists believe white people are a family. They point out how the vast majority of civilizations in the world that respect human rights and that are a good place to live in are made with majority of white people or asians. They claim that most inventions and comodities we use today are mostly invented by white people or asians.
    They also point out how most of the crime happening in most countries come from minorities.
    Their conclusion is that white people should segregate themselves from the undesirables and care to each other as a familly and this would have a direct decrease in crime everywhere as well as to bring more prosperity to white nations

Fascism can also be used in black comunities who are shouting black power. Wanting to unite "the black people" against whites or "the opressive system" is also fascist.

Feminism is also fascist. if any one listened to Anita Sarkeesian giving her speech at the sydney opera house. She said that "women should not do what they want. Because a woman can work the patriarchy in her advantage at the expense of other women. This is why women should do whats good for feminism"
    She then starts talking about women as if they are a class and goes further to explain why women should have this "sorority" mentality and work together in unison to crush the evil patriarchy.

The problem with watering down the word fascism is that people do not know what it actually means and can't identify certain behaviors that clearely are fascist.
    just because feminism and islam are main stream and acceptable, does not change the fact that they are very authoritarian world views that allow for little to any descent to happen in their movment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Why are some always so obsessed with trying to redefine the words society uses?

"No, this isn't racism! What I'm doing isn't racism."
    "No, trust me, this isn't fascism! What I'm doing isn't fascism!"

Seems to me only those who are guilty of it are the ones who feel the need to redefine and limit the meaning of these words.
    So you claim the people trying to stop you from redefining words are actually the one's trying to do the redefining?