Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Legion Exalted rewards are truly sad and bad

correct me if I'm wrong but it used to always be exciting to reach exalted with nearly any faction...

Now what do we get? A tabard? I don't bother with professions so I will never use any of the recipes (which look rubbish anyway).

What are you thoughts?

They could have added a few mounts.

Exalted rewards have been shit since WoD. MoP ones awarded good things like mounts and 489 gear which helped at the time if you were missing that certain piece.

Deleted
    some mounts would have been good, when i started questing in highmountain, i was really expecting there to be a moose mount from that faction

Given their passive nature, I think their rewards are pretty appropriate. That being said the gear should have been 860 or even 870 considering the time it takes to reach it.

I don't think it's a particularly big deal...I didn't much care for the rewards but the legion rep system itself was a bit refreshing for me. I would have liked one or two mounts on a couple of them but I'm not going to cry about it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since most people do bother with professions, the recipe rewards are quite good. With the rank 3 recipes stuff becomes cheaper to craft and so prices on the AH will also drop.

And well, rewarding mounts from reputation has been done most expansions, but everyone will have the mount in not too long, making them not very special either.

The only thing that I agree with which is really bad is the gear. By the time most people can buy it they are much higher ilvl and it becomes worthless.
    Last edited by Mtburn; 2016-10-23 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exalted rewards have been shit since WoD. MoP ones awarded good things like mounts and 489 gear which helped at the time if you were missing that certain piece.
    This. I'm only bothering with them for the exalted reputation achievements. The rewards are truly lackluster.

Yeah the rewards are pretty shit tbh. I like the pets and toys you can get, but I'm mainly doing them for achievements.

Kinda sad there are no mounts. Besides Nightfallen if you want to count that.

Would have been nice to have a few mounts though, even WoD had those (literally the only reason to even bother with rep in WoD TBH)

Deleted
    The rewards are really bad and the rank 3´s arent worth it imo as it takes too much time to get exalted.
    I dont mind the time as its kinda good to not reach it that fast, but the rewards are outdated when you finally reach it.

Rank 3 recipes dont do _that_ much and the ilvl of the items can be an upgrade to non raiders but non raiders usually take a LOT more time to get there.

I dont know, it feels so useless... Even when I reached Nightfallen Exalted, it didnt bring me any good.

Deleted
    I think blizzard again thought "players will get reputation exactly on this rate so revered/exalted gear will be usable for them" but were just wrong. I've been slow with reputation so i already got better gear from just WQ's when i hit revered. I don't care about pets/toys. Oh well. Also I've not been using those order hall set items since i acquired first 2 (and they got replaced fast), and now i don't see point to upgrade even best of them just to get 5 ilvl more than my current items.

My fault for playing different way than blizzard meant! (and before anyone whines, this was a half-joke.)
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-10-23 at 03:49 PM.

Useful rewards - players complain they are mandatory.
    Mediocre rewards - players complain they are not worth.

I would say the problem is in players, not rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I think blizzard again thought "players will get reputation exactly on this rate so revered/exalted gear will be usable for them" but were just wrong. I've been slow with reputation so i already got better gear from just WQ's when i hit revered. I don't care about pets/toys. Oh well. Also I've not been using those order hall set items since i acquired first 2 (and they got replaced fast), and now i don't see point to upgrade even best of them just to get 5 ilvl more than my current items.

My fault for playing different way than blizzard meant! (and before anyone whines, this was a half-joke.)
    Actually I think their logic was "Gear rewards will come hard and fast from world quests at the very least so let's just gate the good recipes behind reputation so that way only the most hardcore will feel the need to grind things out like crazy."

Deleted
    More mounts are useless, as we already have 100s of them but can only use 1 at a time.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Let's make every faction Sporeggar this expansion"
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Useful rewards - players complain they are mandatory.
    Mediocre rewards - players complain they are not worth.

I would say the problem is in players, not rewards.
    I I want is a mount or something. Maybe a even better version of the shoulder enchant would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    "Let's make every faction Sporeggar this expansion"
    at least sporeggar has a proper story line to it and you felt part of the war effort with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This. I'm only bothering with them for the exalted reputation achievements. The rewards are truly lackluster.
    I got some bad news for you. Even the achievements are lacking. There's Nightfallen exalted since they tied it to class hall shoulders and there's "one faction to exalted". Nothing else. The other factions don't have their own achievement and there's no meta for getting all 6 of them to exalted either.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was disappointed by the lack of mounts.

Reputation is an RPG mechanic, it's about time they phased it out of WoW.

I agree they are poor, but there is such little (extra) effort involved with getting exalted that Blizzard probably didn't want to put any good rewards on the reputation vendors. I'm close to exalted with all of the factions from just doing the emissary quest everyday and dungeons occasionally. They probably figured most people would do those activities anyways just for gear, ap, and a chance at a legendary.